Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Bengals vs New Jersey Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Can we say season is over now? I don't care if they are only a game and a half behind... this team sucks.
    No kidding.

7-10-1 last 18 games.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Oh for Christ sakes... they KNOW they are going to run the ball and can't stop them.

The team mirrors the personality of it's Head Coach.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Letting them score is not a bad stragegy

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Too late they are going to just kneel it.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Could not even sack a sad sack of shiat qb with bums on the OL. Give that BUM Mediocre Marv an extension and more millions you fools!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Ok, I am a homer and the score is what it is.

The Bengals scored a TD that was ruled an incomplete pass - should have been challenged but the league has to get this correct, college does.

On the Giants TD - on 4th down - the center clearly had 2 hands full of Geno's jersey an no call.

The Bengals scored a TD that was ruled an incomplete pass - should have been challenged but the league has to get this correct, college does.

On the Giants TD - on 4th down - the center clearly had 2 hands full of Geno's jersey an no call.
    That doesn't stop the fact that the Bengals were 2 for 10 on third down. That's poor execution and will cost you games every time.

That doesn't stop the fact that the Bengals were 2 for 10 on third down. That's poor execution and will cost you games every time.
    Yep, but that is a 10 point swing in points no matter how you look at it.

I agree the refs sucked, but Mediocre Marv is the biggest dumb arse I have ever seen in my life! This team blows!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Cedric Ogbuehi.....sucks. In the 4th Quarter when the Bengals repeatedly had attempts at driving down the field and the offensive line was getting their a$$ handed to them, would it have ever occurred to do a screen using a running back? Also, it is OK to pass from a run formation and run from a pass formation. We were SO predictable. Bodine still looks like he sucks. I disagree with Pro Football Focus about his development. His snaps were low too.

Typical Bengals defense, linebackers can't cover.

PFF gets zero credibility. Burfict receives a 99 according to their tweet. Burfict got smoked for a pass TD and then came up short on the third down run. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    I agree the refs sucked, but Mediocre Marv is the biggest dumb arse I have ever seen in my life! This team blows!
    The team sucks when they lost by one point and you agree there was possibly 10 points (actually 11) that bad call effected?

OK

It's a great strategy that's never used.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    Cedric Ogbuehi.....sucks. In the 4th Quarter when the Bengals repeatedly had attempts at driving down the field and the offensive line was getting their a$$ handed to them, would it have ever occurred to do a screen using a running back? Also, it is OK to pass from a run formation and run from a pass formation. We were SO predictable. Bodine still looks like he sucks. I disagree with Pro Football Focus about his development. His snaps were low too.

Typical Bengals defense, linebackers can't cover.

PFF gets zero credibility. Burfict receives a 99 according to their tweet. Burfict got smoked for a pass TD and then came up short on the third down run. Please.
    PFF lost it 18 months ago.

Pass attempts to Eifert:

1. Correctly identifying a mismatch for a 71-yd gain. Dalton recognized that.

2. Mistiming between Receiver and Quarterback on a tightly covered 3rd-and-goal to the flat.

3. Some ridiculous 3-yd gain.

4. A broken play on 3rd down where his coverage runs to get Dalton leaving him open for a 16-yd gain.

That's it.

Nice play-calling dimwads.

It just makes me so mad... Eifert gets a huge play, and then Zampese forgets he exists and instead decides to use him to pull backside to pass block JPP. That was the dumbest thing I think I saw in the game. F ucking retarded. Even Gruden couldn't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Pass attempts to Eifert:

1. Correctly identifying a mismatch for a 71-yd gain.

2. Mistiming between Receiver and Quarterback on a tightly covered 3rd-and-goal to the flat.

3. Some ridiculous 3-yd gain.

4. A broken play on 3rd down where his coverage runs to get Dalton leaving him open for a 16-yd gain.

That's it.

Nice play-calling dimwads.
    Haha we posted at the same time!

Why are you in my head!??!

It just makes me so mad... Eifert gets a huge play, and then Zampese forgets he exists and instead decides to use him to pull backside to pass block JPP. That was the dumbest thing I think I saw in the game. F ucking retarded. Even Gruden couldn't understand it.
    It's pretty easy to figure out how to attack these guys. Landon Collins continually cheated over to help on Green. You put a speed guy instead of LaFell to stretch the field opposite Green. You put Gio in a Slot position on the opposite side of Eifert to make Collins decide if he's covering Gio, covering Eifert, or giving help to Green. Then Dalton makes the read of Green, Gio or Eifert. 2 of 3 will always have a mismatch in this scenario.

Haha we posted at the same time!

Why are you in my head!??!
    Because we are both frickin' pissed at the idiocy that are Marvin and Zampese. Mike Brown got suckered into this hiring by Marvin. Brown is too loyal, and it's biting him in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    Cedric Ogbuehi.....sucks. In the 4th Quarter when the Bengals repeatedly had attempts at driving down the field and the offensive line was getting their a$$ handed to them, would it have ever occurred to do a screen using a running back?
    Yes. Basic Cannae Defense. Hannibal showed the world in 216 B.C.

The team sucks when they lost by one point and you agree there was possibly 10 points (actually 11) that bad call effected?

OK
    The Refs sucked, meaning, it goes both ways.

I agree

The entire coaching staff needs replaced.

This is the main reason I've defended Dalton so much. Coaching. Name a QB that you'd rather have than Dalton and then look at his HC and/or OC. Many people say "Imagine how good they'd be with a real QB!" while I say "Imagine how bad it would be if the QB wasn't smarter than the coaching staff since he was a rookie coming out of college" I watch Cincy's DBs mostly getting beat by crossing patterns and slants when playing man coverage(they SUCK playing zone). The Bengals WRs just run to their spot and wait. The o-line can't run block but they make up for it by being poor pass blockers also.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    This is the main reason I've defended Dalton so much. Coaching. Name a QB that you'd rather have than Dalton and then look at his HC and/or OC. Many people say "Imagine how good they'd be with a real QB!" while I say "Imagine how bad it would be if the QB wasn't smarter than the coaching staff since he was a rookie coming out of college" I watch Cincy's DBs mostly getting beat by crossing patterns and slants when playing man coverage(they SUCK playing zone). The Bengals WRs just run to their spot and wait. The o-line can't run block but they make up for it by being poor pass blockers also.
    Oh, I agree. Would love to see Dalton under a different HC.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    The Refs sucked, meaning, it goes both ways.
    Great, can you point out where it cost the Gmen points?

Any referee in any sport should not receive the blame for any loss of game...... in general....

You have to make your own luck, you have to be well prepared and win the game on your own merits.

This years, the Bengals suk. If we were better, we would have had larger leading margins where the refs calls would not make a difference.

We need new coaching staff, I'm not a Dalton fan but there are worse starting QB's in the NFL.
    Cheers for beers!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotto View Post
    Any referee in any sport should not receive the blame for any loss of game...... in general....

You have to make your own luck, you have to be well prepared and win the game on your own merits.

This years, the Bengals suk. If we were better, we would have had larger leading margins where the refs calls would not make a difference.

We need new coaching staff, I'm not a Dalton fan but there are worse starting QB's in the NFL.
    Regardless of all that happened in the game, we had the ball with a few minutes left and the OL got bowled over what 3 times in a row like they were rag dolls. And Whit says after that they need to the bounces to go their way. Well the whole OL got bounced on that last series. Then the D could not stop the Giants. The game came down to that and our guys failed and their guys did not. Simple.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotto View Post

Regardless of all that happened in the game, we had the ball with a few minutes left and the OL got bowled over what 3 times in a row like they were rag dolls. And Whit says after that they need to the bounces to go their way. Well the whole OL got bounced on that last series. Then the D could not stop the Giants. The game came down to that and our guys failed and their guys did not. Simple.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Definitely was an incomplete pass. No doubter. Should have been caught.

It was caught...in a real football game, and not this Putt-Putt/Sink-it-through-the-windmill farce of a sport.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Definitely was an incomplete pass. No doubter. Should have been caught.
    OK, can you explain the rule to me?

He caught the ball and took two steps in bounds ( maybe you dispute that). Crossed the end line with possession of the ball, (dispute that?). Then lost the ball when he hit the ground.

What is the rule? does he have to take 3 steps or 30? What if he caught it at the 25 yard line and was tackled as he crossed the end line and fumbled? Is that incomplete.

Really, is that why the NBA ref (forgot his name) went to jail?

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Oh for Christ sakes... they KNOW they are going to run the ball and can't stop them.
    Not only that, coming into the game they were dead last in the NFL in running the ball at 68 yards per game. Against us they rolled up 122 yards. You have a sad running game, play us and it will be cured.

There is not a coach on this staff with any fire or intensity and it shows. And so much for the threat of replacing any of the defensive players. If I were Guenther, I would be really pissed that Marvin cut him off at the knees from making any changes.

The only bright spot (for once) was special teams.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer