Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Vs Bills

Bengals Vs Bills

1st play sack......then a false start.......then an incomplete to AJ......AJ carted off.

Game over....see you next week.

Now Burfict out..ugg

Green looks like hammy tear which would put him out for the year
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Peko fell on Burfict..great

Vigil is playing MLB, lets see what he can do

When teams like the P{ats lose Wr's they go multiple TE...i doubt we adjust to Green's loss

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    I have not seen the game, but seeing Dalton stats, and knowing Green is out, I said, Green made Dalton and today proves it. Unless someone can tell me otherwise.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    I have not seen the game, but seeing Dalton stats, and knowing Green is out, I said, Green made Dalton and today proves it. Unless someone can tell me otherwise.
    No receiver got any sepeartion today and dalton is not enough of a pinpoint passer to make up for that. Oh yeah and the OL was the suck again. Clint Bowldover was abused all day

Dalton was talking a lot of BS on how this team would play better. Time to put McCarron in, what does it matter. This team is done. Give Mediocre Marv another $4M extension like the MFB will do. There is no accountability with the HC! Pathetic!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Tyler Boyd, Tyler Eifert, Brandon LaFell, Tyler Kroft, and James Wright are a motley crue of uninspiring. People have said TIME and TIME again the Bengals needed to draft a speedster at WR to tear the top off of the defense opposite of Green and the Bengals kept drafting and signing SLOW WRs. You cannot coach speed. This is just a lousy WR corps besides Green.

Oh yeah, the running game sucks. So....blame Dalton all you want. For the first time since gosh knows when I'm not going to be glued to the Bengals on Sunday anymore. This season is done.

Dalton was talking a lot of BS on how this team would play better. Time to put McCarron in, what does it matter. This team is done. Give Mediocre Marv another $4M extension like the MFB will do. There is no accountability with the HC! Pathetic!

Full stadium means a happy MFB...period.

I gave mine up 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    Tyler Boyd, Tyler Eifert, Brandon LaFell, Tyler Kroft, and James Wright are a motley crue of uninspiring. People have said TIME and TIME again the Bengals needed to draft a speedster at WR to tear the top off of the defense opposite of Green and the Bengals kept drafting and signing SLOW WRs. You cannot coach speed. This is just a lousy WR corps besides Green.

Oh yeah, the running game sucks. So....blame Dalton all you want. For the first time since gosh knows when I'm not going to be glued to the Bengals on Sunday anymore. This season is done.

The better QBs in this league, meaning having all of the intangibles PLUS a high muzzle-velocity arm, could win with those guys. I have said for years that Green makes Dalton. Andy is only as good as the players around him, not visa-versa.

I watch top-tier QBs make completions week after week with average receivers who are essentially covered. They are able to laser the ball into a small window.

Andy needs his guys to be wide open or able to fight for the ball, or able to make a circus catch.

I think Dalton has everything you need, except for a rifle arm and mobility on broken plays. Thus, that makes him average.

Brandon Tate caught some balls today. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post

I watch top-tier QBs make completions week after week with average receivers who are essentially covered. They are able to laser the ball into a small window.

l
    Name the QBs.

One last thing. It's been mentioned by many on here.

Why isn't Gio utilized in the passing game more? Has he and Hill ever been on the field at the same time this year?

Why not play action with Hill and find a slotted Gio underneath in the middle? We talk about our lack of speed, wouldn't Gio be faster than the Bills LBs?

What about Eifert underneath? What about anyone across the middle?

BTW, your argument regarding Dalton not having a rifle arm holds very little validity. Between 2008-2016, the highest throwing velocity was 60. Dalton's combine velocity score was 56.
    http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/...ine-2008-2015/

Name the QBs.
    Not going to play that game. You seem to want o blame everyone BUT Dalton. We lose one player and the game is over? Not much of a team.

They had up to 10 guys in the box, because they didn't fear our passing game...even with their weak secondary.

That is why we couldn't run the ball.

WITH Green we could lose Andy and still win a game. But I think there are many QBs who could complete a pass with our receiving roster minus AJ.

BTW, your argument regarding Dalton not having a rifle arm holds very little validity. Between 2008-2016, the highest throwing velocity was 60. Dalton's combine velocity score was 56.
    http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/...ine-2008-2015/
    My eyes tell me different. He's a floater.

Maybe he could throw it faster, but he doesn't.

I like how people can see valid measured variables, then use confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance to explain an unmeasured observation.

I like how people can see valid measured variables, then use confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance to explain an unmeasured observation.

How can I put this....

I've seen CBs and LBs with world class combine speed look slow under real game conditions.

If Dalton throws 56 and the best in the world is 60, then there must be a helluva difference between 56 and 60. lol

Part of the issue with Dalton is accuracy. QB's like Wilson and Brady are extremely accurate and find that one spot a receiver can get it even when covered. Dalton is no where near that - even today he threw it behind and around receivers. Green is such a beast he grabs anything in his range. Other WR's do not have that ability so the ball has to be more pinpoint for them. Dalton to me has played well this year for the most part, the OL has been horrible and they really miss Marvin Jones or someone like that.

But I have said many times before that we would never win a SB with Dalton, he could never play 3 solid games in a row to pull that off in the playoffs. Combine that with ML's useless playoff record and it spells trouble. Right now the team is very lethargic, this season is done. I had advocated drafting a QB like Carr in the past, I think it was a mistake to NOT do that. Spilt milk for now, play out the season and see if the team has balls enough to can ML or move him into administration.

Nugent missed two extra points. All you can do is laugh at this season.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Nugent missed two extra points. All you can do is laugh at this season.
    Up to the 4:00 clock games today there were 9 missed extra points league wide this week and I saw another one blocked in the Seahawks-Eagles game.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

That was a heck of an accurate throw to Boyd for the TD.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

AJ Green probably out for the year... and now Gio has a torn ACL. So he is a free agent next year and now will be recovering from a torn ACL. Can this get any worse?

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    That was a heck of an accurate throw to Boyd for the TD.
    Finally, a voice of reason.

In my opinion, Dalton's quick release has hidden a sucky offensive line. League personnel have said that Dalton will pick you apart if you give him time, he's been harassed all season long. Look at the number of sacks he's taken, which would be higher if he wasn't able to sneak away from the defensive line and run for his life.

Also, look at how crappy our running game is. Two second round pick running backs aren't really doing much. And now Gio, who we gave an extension to, is out with a torn ACL. Totally underutilized this season and reduced to being a blitz-pick up blocker in the passing game.

First two picks of the 2015 draft spent on the useless offensive line, Boling is hurt and obviously needs to sit. Bodine has always sucked. Zeitler is trying to assist Ogbuehi and make-up for his shortcomings. You've got to be kidding me. Zeitler will be gone at the end of the season asking for a ton of money, Whitworth is going to retire or balk at not getting paid $9 million.

I have such disdain for Ogbuehi. He had a year to get "NFL" strong. He can't handle the bull rush. He outweighs me by 120 lbs., and only reps 6 more reps on the 225 lbs. than me on the bench press and is way younger than me. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Part of the issue with Dalton is accuracy. QB's like Wilson and Brady are extremely accurate and find that one spot a receiver can get it even when covered. Dalton is no where near that - even today he threw it behind and around receivers. Green is such a beast he grabs anything in his range. Other WR's do not have that ability so the ball has to be more pinpoint for them. Dalton to me has played well this year for the most part, the OL has been horrible and they really miss Marvin Jones or someone like that.

But I have said many times before that we would never win a SB with Dalton, he could never play 3 solid games in a row to pull that off in the playoffs. Combine that with ML's useless playoff record and it spells trouble. Right now the team is very lethargic, this season is done. I had advocated drafting a QB like Carr in the past, I think it was a mistake to NOT do that. Spilt milk for now, play out the season and see if the team has balls enough to can ML or move him into administration.

...and I argued that it was a mistake to not go aggressively after Marvin Jones. Most of the apologists argued that they should not spend big money on a "number 2" WR.

I can never understand why fans care more about Mike Brown's pocket book then they do championships.

The Bengals matched Detroit's offer for Marvin Jones. Jones wanted to go somewhere be a no.1 receiver.

Finally, a voice of reason.

In my opinion, Dalton's quick release has hidden a sucky offensive line. League personnel have said that Dalton will pick you apart if you give him time, he's been harassed all season long. Look at the number of sacks he's taken, which would be higher if he wasn't able to sneak away from the defensive line and run for his life.

Also, look at how crappy our running game is. Two second round pick running backs aren't really doing much. And now Gio, who we gave an extension to, is out with a torn ACL. Totally underutilized this season and reduced to being a blitz-pick up blocker in the passing game.

First two picks of the 2015 draft spent on the useless offensive line, Boling is hurt and obviously needs to sit. Bodine has always sucked. Zeitler is trying to assist Ogbuehi and make-up for his shortcomings. You've got to be kidding me. Zeitler will be gone at the end of the season asking for a ton of money, Whitworth is going to retire or balk at not getting paid $9 million.

I have such disdain for Ogbuehi. He had a year to get "NFL" strong. He can't handle the bull rush. He outweighs me by 120 lbs., and only reps 6 more reps on the 225 lbs. than me on the bench press and is way younger than me. Lame.
    Did they give Gio an extension? Did I miss that?

The Bengals matched Detroit's offer for Marvin Jones. Jones wanted to go somewhere be a no.1 receiver.
    Don't bother. He has an axe to grind and facts smacking him in the face isn't going to change his mind. He was saying how great Flacco is when the Ravens won the Super Bowl . . . they haven't made the playoffs since. Same, rocket armed QB . . . still needs a great defense to win.

Green goes down. In his world, this explains his stance on Green carrying Dalton. In reality, it just exposes what I've said for years. AJ Green and a bunch of #4 WRs. Why cover deep when no one can get open and no one can pass block for more than three seconds?

Aaron Rodgers has his top two WRs and the Packers still suck. How come that laser armed Super Bowl winner isn't crushing the league? Because a QB is only as good as his team and right now, the Packers and the Bengals are on the downswing.
    Only users lose drugs

From Bengals.com
    REX ADJUSTMENT: Bills head coach Rex Ryan said his defense made some adjustments in the second half and until 2:30 left in the game, Buffalo held the Bengals to 38 yards in the half and sent them through four straight three-and-outs. It marked the third time in the last four games the Bengals haven’t scored a point in the fourth quarter. It was also the first time they got blanked in the second half since the Texans knocked them from the ranks of the unbeaten nearly a year to the day in the 10-6 loss at PBS on Nov. 16.

After the game the Bills said a focus during the week was to eliminate the deep ball. The longest completion was a 21-yarder down the sideline to tight end Tyler Eifert at the end of the first half. But in the second half, quarterback Andy Dalton had just a seven-yard completion on seven passes until 2:30 left in the game, when Buffalo let him drive down the field. His 57 passer rating was his lowest in nearly two years, when his 53.6 on Dec. 14, 2014 in Cleveland was good enough to best Johnny Manziel's debut, 30-0.

But there was one adjustment that happened a lot earlier than that. When Green went down, the Bills wanted to make sure Eifert didn’t hurt them after tight ends Rob Gronkowksi and Jimmy Graham each had 100-yard games against Buffalo in the previous two weeks.

So it appeared they shifted Green’s coverage to Eifert and basically put a safety behind him at all times. Dalton only went to him six times for three completions and 37 yards.

And so Ryan called off the blitz, rushed with three and four men, dropped everybody else, and dared Dalton to find anybody not Green and Eifert.

“Once they realized A.J. was out of the game, a guy like Rex Ryan is too good, and he knows how to adjust things once something like that happens,” said left tackle Andrew Whitworth. “He did a great job making it where these other guys are going to have to find ways to get open, and that was kind of the story there.”
    The Bengals playbook doesn't have many crossing patterns and few slants due to the fact that they have little speed at WR.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    From Bengals.com

The Bengals playbook doesn't have many crossing patterns and few slants due to the fact that they have little speed at WR.
    It's awfully easy to gameplan against a team that loses its two best offensive threats in a game. Rex ought not play the genius card here

But according to OP...who supposedly scouts prospects and can tell the difference between their combine and game speeds...no greatly coached and motivated team needs any targets or weapons to win. Just have those components, and you too can be the Buffalo Bills or Minnesota Vikings.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    AJ Green probably out for the year... and now Gio has a torn ACL. So he is a free agent next year and now will be recovering from a torn ACL. Can this get any worse?
    Yes, it can get worse. Mikey will reason that injuries have caused the bad season and will thus bring Marvin back next year.

For someone not seeing the game, you are talking alot of shit. Dalton actually kept this game close. Again the line was garbage, no seperation and a few drops.... But just keep with your agenda of making absolutely 0 sence...

0-9-1

It's true, It's true

Quote Originally Posted by sandwedge View Post
    For someone not seeing the game, you are talking alot of shit. Dalton actually kept this game close. Again the line was garbage, no seperation and a few drops.... But just keep with your agenda of making absolutely 0 sence...
    I saw Dalton do a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. Compared to the rest of those in charge of making decisions, he was a bright spot.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Quote Originally Posted by sandwedge View Post
    ha ha ha, a blast from the past. You keep sticking up for the Red Little BB Gun. As I said, AJ makes him and he is nothing without him. You keep believing his is our savior. I did not see anyone stating WRs dropped many balls he threw on here, so why not? I mean, since he was able to keep them in the game. I see QBs scramble all the time and make plays when their OL is not blocking, that is just another excuse to add on top of the Mountain of excuses made by you and whomever else does for Dalton.

Dalton is a good QB, not a great one and certainly not an elite one. He needs a high end supporting cast which he has not had this year and will not the rest of the way. This team should have been pursuing a better option at QB starting two years ago when it was evident Dalton had limitations - not knocking the guy - finding a high end QB is the toughest thing to do in this league.

fix the OL Dalton is good enough to win. a decent OL allows a running game, drops a couple 3 and outs , which in turn keeps the defense of the field and changes field position. LG center and RT play suck.
    Zampezee needs to drop the crazy formations and shifts. just line up and play to our strengths and quit trying to fool the defense and DC need to step up and return to aggressive play and replace those that need replacing, you miss a assignment pull their ass off the next play and address it. and the entire coaching staff/org needs to learn how to play to win and not just not to lose.