View Poll Results: Who do you want to replace Marvin Lewis?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Cowher (probably not happening)

3 21.43%
  • Jim Haslett (currently on staff)

0 0%
  • Tom Coughlin

4 28.57%
  • Somebody's retread that gets fired at the end of the year

0 0%
  • One of our coordinators

0 0%
  • Someone else on staff not mentioned

0 0%
  • A coordinator from another team

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So, who do you want to replace Marvin Lewis

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)

So, who do you want to replace Marvin Lewis

If Marvin Lewis were to be replaced (like that's happening), who would you like to see and why?
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Anyone besides this clown! He cannot and will not ever get it done.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

It really doesn't matter to me. Until Mike Brown dies, or until his kiddos take the team away and hire an outside GM to (truly) run all football operations...it doesn't matter.

Most great HC prospects will not be willing to work under the hand-cuffing operations.

Although a 2nd-tier prospect might be attracted to the longevity opportunity. lol

Cool

The Cough!
    In the words of the immortal Risky Business. Sometimes you just gotta say WTF
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    The Cough!
    In the words of the immortal Risky Business. Sometimes you just gotta say WTF

We'd still lose...and all the players would hate him. lol

At least the coach would be passionate.
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    At least the coach would be passionate.
    Check out the post game news conference on the Bengals website. Lewis looks like a little boy who lost his puppy. He is done.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

I've been asking for Coughlin for awhile now. At least after seeing him in the Monday Night tv booth, we know he wants to coach again.

Lol @ this thread.

Not the Poll Question...rather the expected responses. Party like it's 2010. Or 2002. Or 1993. Good times!
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Lol @ this thread.
    The mad giggler is at it again. It's so easy when you wash your hands of everything, never risk an opinion, and just prance around laughing.

You obviously didn't read or understand the post.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

I have 2 names, Vance Joseph or Matt Patricia.....

If you were a top head coach prospect and the owner/gm said "these are the assistance coaches we have on staff and will unequivocally be the ones you will work with", would you say yes? There's a reason Tom C said no a long time ago. Only a hc prospect with no other hc opportunities would say yes.

The poll choices don't allow for Nick Saban, Urban Myer or Dave Lapham.

@spam.

Entertaining though.

Dabo Sweeney?

This team needs an emotional leader. I wasn't a big Hue fan but in hind site he had a great relationship with Dalton.

I cannot think of anyone in the NFL that has that fire - I am sure many of you can bring other names to the table.

I was trying to think of a college coach that doesn't have the greatest talent begging to attend their institution, i.e., the SEC powers and I came up with the Clemson coach.

Thoughts?

I know Marvin isn't going anywhere, but, I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritfathers View Post
    Marvin isn't going anywhere. Here is why

https://gritfathers.wordpress.com/20...-bengals-loss/

Opinions shared by many. Nothing new.

Thanks but dont spam us bruh #Gritfathers

I really don't care at this point. Just get him the heck away from the organization,...far, far away. He wasted many years of opportunities.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Wholesale changes. I'd keep Guenther. Zampese gone. Alexander gone. Haslett gone.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritfathers View Post
    Thanks but dont spam us bruh #Gritfathers
    It stays because it's relevant writing, and even though it's trod-over ground, it is well-written. My compliments.

But, just so you know, if you try to sell something--it's spam here, and it will be gone. Copy?

How old is Forrest Gregg ?

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by BengalBob View Post
    The poll choices don't allow for Nick Saban, Urban Myer or Dave Lapham.
    Saban and Meyer would have to take a pay cut. Besides, hasn't Saban coached in the NFL before?
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Mikey needs to see this as a business decision - he will lose a lot of season ticket holders if a change is not made. He has to make only two decisions this off season (1) fire Lewis (2) Hire someone with the potential to be better. I don't live there, but I assume the fans are tired of the clapping clown now, benefit of the doubt is long expired.

Edit - I would also add that Lewis should actually agree to step down if he had any balls. There is simply no way he can justify to even himself that he is the right person for this job at this time.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    The mad giggler is at it again. It's so easy when you wash your hands of everything, never risk an opinion, and just prance around laughing.
    He only makes his comments over at his favorite home where the SHEEP roam.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    I might've known he was into sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Mikey needs to see this as a business decision - he will lose a lot of season ticket holders if a change is not made. He has to make only two decisions this off season (1) fire Lewis (2) Hire someone with the potential to be better. I don't live there, but I assume the fans are tired of the clapping clown now, benefit of the doubt is long expired.

Edit - I would also add that Lewis should actually agree to step down if he had any balls. There is simply no way he can justify to even himself that he is the right person for this job at this time.

Mike Brown makes a worker serve out his contract. If Lewis is guaranteed a salary next year, he will have to punch the clock.

There will be a plethora of excuses as to why this year was an aberration.

I don't think he will step down, because I don't think that he will find another HC opportunity. But that is hard to say. Maybe with a real GM and two good coordinators, he could rise above mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Wholesale changes. I'd keep Guenther. Zampese gone. Alexander gone. Haslett gone.
    not sure i'd even keep guenther, Alexander shoulda been gone when he benched Evans over whoever used to play LG.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    Let me ask you something, in all seriousness: other than from a few, when was the last time you have seen a comment here that wasn't 20+year old stale...even when it is written seriously?

Believe me, I get message boards are primarily for bellyaching and amateur pontificating. Some fresh insights...much like the Grit fellow offered...are far more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    I might've known he was into sheep.
    Clever one, you are. Anything else above 7th Grade level?

Let me ask you something, in all seriousness: other than from a few, when was the last time you have seen a comment here that wasn't 20+year old stale...even when it is written seriously? ...
    Probably the last time the franchise could win a clutch or playoff game...which is over 20 years ago. So the comments reflect the team's status pretty well...said another way, the comments get sort of old, but so does the behavior of management.

But I'm a fan of the team, so endure both...

Quote Originally Posted by Cintijeff View Post
    Probably the last time the franchise could win a clutch or playoff game...which is over 20 years ago. So the comments reflect the team's status pretty well...said another way, the comments get sort of old, but so does the behavior of management.

Exactly. Mikey does the same thing over and over so we post the same thing over and over.

Let me throw out this name, Sean Payton. what if he gets fired in Nola, would he be a good fit here?

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Exactly. Mikey does the same thing over and over so we post the same thing over and over.
    And that accomplishes just what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
    Let me throw out this name, Sean Payton. what if he gets fired in Nola, would he be a good fit here?
    Never. Mike Brown may OK rogue players believing that his Coaches can control them, but he'll never hire a rogue HC, who won't do what he tells him to.

And that accomplishes just what exactly?
    Blow up PBS, shut down this website and burn all things Cincinnati Bengals if that's how you feel. Anyone who doesn't believe that every season which doesn't result in winning the Super Bowl is a failure ruins it for everyone else, as their "I-don't-give-a-shit-attitude" is what keeps the mediocrity rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cintijeff View Post

Exactly. The comments wouldn't be repeated if the incompetency by Ownership didn't get repeated. Ownership's responses to their fans in turn generate the fans' responses to Ownership.

Why in the world would anyone bother being a fan or give money to the team if they did't expect a commitment on Ownership's part to win a Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    not sure i'd even keep guenther, Alexander shoulda been gone when he benched Evans over whoever used to play LG.
    Evans was outperforming the Starter, and then Evans added strength after he left the Bengals. He was playing better without the increased strength because of technique and quickness. But, the Bengals philosophy that you need to be able to push your opponent off his spot (not sure how they miss that at Center every year), trumped Evans' superior play. When Evans added the strength, he became the League's #1 Guard, Left or Right, for three years in a row.

I woupd keep Guenther because it would be an endorsement by Mike Brown that he can employ some of his ideasthat he has been prevented from doing under Marvin. He's been handcuffed, but has shown he deserves at least a year with a new HC. Zampese is completely incompetent as an OC. I also would give him his QB Coaching job back as Dalton and McCarron both advanced every season (until this year).