View Poll Results: Who do you want to replace Marvin Lewis?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Cowher (probably not happening)

3 21.43%
  • Jim Haslett (currently on staff)

0 0%
  • Tom Coughlin

4 28.57%
  • Somebody's retread that gets fired at the end of the year

0 0%
  • One of our coordinators

0 0%
  • Someone else on staff not mentioned

0 0%
  • A coordinator from another team

7 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So, who do you want to replace Marvin Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    And that accomplishes just what exactly?
    LOL at this.

You are pretty grandiose if you think we are meant to accomplish anything other than killing time on a fan board

Not grandiose, Mr. Official. More just curious how people--such as yourself--can just have no interest with insights beyond stale, overused, plain & simply boring, 20+year old yick yak.

So I repeat: and this accomplishes what exactly?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Evans was outperforming the Starter, and then Evans added strength after he left the Bengals. He was playing better without the increased strength because of technique and quickness. But, the Bengals philosophy that you need to be able to push your opponent off his spot (not sure how they miss that at Center every year), trumped Evans' superior play. When Evans added the strength, he became the League's #1 Guard, Left or Right, for three years in a row.

I woupd keep Guenther because it would be an endorsement by Mike Brown that he can employ some of his ideasthat he has been prevented from doing under Marvin. He's been handcuffed, but has shown he deserves at least a year with a new HC. Zampese is completely incompetent as an OC. I also would give him his QB Coaching job back as Dalton and McCarron both advanced every season (until this year).
    You keep saying Evans, I think you mean Evan Mathis.
    Last edited by Lewdog; 11-23-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    You keep saying Evans, I think you mean Even Mathis.
    yea him too.
    LOL , that was my fault, i started with the wrong name,....

Not grandiose, Mr. Official. More just curious how people--such as yourself--can just have no interest with insights beyond stale, overused, plain & simply boring, 20+year old yick yak.

It accomplishes very little from this distance. Real change takes place at home.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Quizzical, but logical.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

No college coaches. Marvin is already one of those-- the Clapping Clown. Who ever coined that phrase is a genius.

No New England assistants. They leave and then lose. See Charlie Weiss, Josh McDaniel and Romeo Crennel.

No way Cowher ever leaves doing TV. Same for Gruden.

Coughlin wants to coach again. He's my pick. However, I could go for Mike Zimmer. Oops, we had that chance.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

My mother. She may not even know what the NFL is, but I'll wager she could do a better job of coaching than Lewis, even though she doesn't know what coaching is either.

Is it time to start buying Billboards with Fire Marvin on them?

I'd rather have any of the vendors be Head Coach over Dumb#### Marvin.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Is it time to start buying Billboards with Fire Marvin on them?
    Someone local has to step up.

Someone local has to step up.
    Personally I'd rather fire Marvin now than let him play out the season. At least that way someone can come in and play the young players instead of Marvin's bullsh it.

You just have to love what I heard yesterday on ESPN or NFL Net, I'm not sure, the one with Randy Moss, when talking about whether Willy Wonka should be let go, or not.

Moss said he should definitely be let go, while others said "No, he should be kept in Cincy, because "Mikey has got the best coach that he can get for what he's willing to pay".

- AND -

Marvin should stay in the Nati, because "Look at all the coaches he's providing for the rest of the league!"

Would they say this sh_t about any other team, any other H.C. ANY other owner?

Lets get serious. I think Super Cat should take over as head coach. And I bet he would do it for 100,000 a year. This way Mike can be free to let the 5 mil go that Marvin signed for. After Super Cat brings them to the first Super Bowl in his first two years, then Mike can pay him his millions.

The fact that so many say and believe that "Mike Brown will not pay for a HC next year who is not coaching" is pure evidence that Mikey does not care about winning a championship. If he cares at all, he will make this move - for him it would be a bold move, for all other team owners it would the ordinary course of action given the results.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Looking around the league this season for franchises who have fired their HC's after Week 11--even those with worse records...

(Sees no one)

What? No Chip, Gus Bradley, Todd Bowles, Jeff Fisher, John Fox, Ron Rivera...and no Hue??

Their fans are screaming for the same bloodletting, so evididently the virus is pandemic.

Looking around the league this season for franchises who have fired their HC's after Week 11--even those with worse records...

(Sees no one)

What? No Chip, Gus Bradley, Todd Bowles, Jeff Fisher, John Fox, Ron Rivera...and no Hue??

Their fans are screaming for the same bloodletting, so evididently the virus is pandemic.
    Continue to set that bar low. Instead of demanding more from your franchise, compare it to franchises that also aren't doing what they should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by furnbuff View Post
    You just have to love what I heard yesterday on ESPN or NFL Net, I'm not sure, the one with Randy Moss, when talking about whether Willy Wonka should be let go, or not.

Moss said he should definitely be let go, while others said "No, he should be kept in Cincy, because "Mikey has got the best coach that he can get for what he's willing to pay".

- AND -

Marvin should stay in the Nati, because "Look at all the coaches he's providing for the rest of the league!"

Would they say this sh_t about any other team, any other H.C. ANY other owner?
    Nope. The bar is set very low here, even by a large percentage of their fans or they wouln't have tolerated it for so many years. Contrary to what many believe, the Bengals ineptness is a reflection of it's fans, not it's owner. You either force a change or get the Bengals to move to another City (and then build a stadium for a better Owner), or you bend over and take it in the ass. Unfortunately, too many fans chose the latter instead of calling Mike Brown's repeated bluffs. Brown never would have moved because he always liked being the big fish in a little pond. He has nine million ties to the City that involve his family. He wouldn't move in a million years.

Goodness, such venom.

And excuse me, as a fan, why in the name of Pete would I or anyone else have the slightest influence on what a franchise does? I will get ready for the usual cue of "don't go to games" or "don't buy anything", and to a small extent, that would have some pressure--but not to the magnanimous levels you seem to think it would. But what does that mean for the vast majority of "fans"...such as here, go-bengals, etc who do not attend games and/or buy anything? Other than perhaps some PR perception--mostly media driven--the wildly swinging ebbs and flows of the typical John Q public opinions do not register a blip.

If there is "action"...in the way you seem to think there should be...it has nothing to do with caring an iota about "fans". Cases in point: the Raiders have put together a pretty nice team so far this season. But how long have they "tolerated" bad teams/drafts/GM's/coaches? And the "fans" stay at home reactions over the years, have simply caused the franchise to tarp off the third level, so that the franchise can meet their "sellout" quotas. The league was happy, the franchise was happy, and this year's blind squirrel season, hasn't changed any way the Raiders have operated. So, naturally, the franchise rewards all of their "fans"--in stadium and remotely--by heading to Las Vegas. Way to go "fans"...guess you showed 'em.

Even your own TrailBlazers just ride their gravy train. They will sell out the stadium and dominate the airwaves up your way until the earth disappears. And every so often, they will make a show firing of a coach when they once again fail to go anywhere--as they have not since Welcome Back Kotter was on the TV. Not being mean...my dear late grandmother listened or watched every Portland game from the time they came into existence, until the day she died. I have always considered Blazer fans to be the finest anywhere--as true and loyal as there is. But the front office executives and the NBA also know this--thus the need to take care of them will never equal that of the Lakers or the Knicks.

For me...as a real paying customer...my "bar" is not as low as you think it is. I will not be going to any more home games this season. Not because of some inane protest...but rather because I have other things to do the rest of the year. Would I go if they were in a playoff run? Hard to say...I still have a lot to do. Will I go next year? Can't answer that...but then again, I said the same thing before 2015, and before this season. The NFL in general, just isn't that interesting anymore.

Venting is an action unto itself.

But please, offer us some new "insights" into why we should have faith in Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, Nugent, etc. and the "stale, overused, plain & simply boring. 20+year Bengal management system?

You went from Fed up to apologist the day Marvin Lewis was hired. Going from pathetic to mediocre apparently is satisfying to you. You have no complaints. Tailgating and watching the choreographed circus is entertainment enough for you.

Good for you ! Enjoy yourself. It does not annoy me.

If others venting on a fan board annoys you - there's a solution.

Goodness, such venom.

And excuse me, as a fan, why in the name of Pete would I or anyone else have the slightest influence on what a franchise does? I will get ready for the usual cue of "don't go to games" or "don't buy anything", and to a small extent, that would have some pressure--but not to the magnanimous levels you seem to think it would. But what does that mean for the vast majority of "fans"...such as here, go-bengals, etc who do not attend games and/or buy anything? Other than perhaps some PR perception--mostly media driven--the wildly swinging ebbs and flows of the typical John Q public opinions do not register a blip.

If there is "action"...in the way you seem to think there should be...it has nothing to do with caring an iota about "fans". Cases in point: the Raiders have put together a pretty nice team so far this season. But how long have they "tolerated" bad teams/drafts/GM's/coaches? And the "fans" stay at home reactions over the years, have simply caused the franchise to tarp off the third level, so that the franchise can meet their "sellout" quotas. The league was happy, the franchise was happy, and this year's blind squirrel season, hasn't changed any way the Raiders have operated. So, naturally, the franchise rewards all of their "fans"--in stadium and remotely--by heading to Las Vegas. Way to go "fans"...guess you showed 'em.

Even your own TrailBlazers just ride their gravy train. They will sell out the stadium and dominate the airwaves up your way until the earth disappears. And every so often, they will make a show firing of a coach when they once again fail to go anywhere--as they have not since Welcome Back Kotter was on the TV. Not being mean...my dear late grandmother listened or watched every Portland game from the time they came into existence, until the day she died. I have always considered Blazer fans to be the finest anywhere--as true and loyal as there is. But the front office executives and the NBA also know this--thus the need to take care of them will never equal that of the Lakers or the Knicks.

For me...as a real paying customer...my "bar" is not as low as you think it is. I will not be going to any more home games this season. Not because of some inane protest...but rather because I have other things to do the rest of the year. Would I go if they were in a playoff run? Hard to say...I still have a lot to do. Will I go next year? Can't answer that...but then again, I said the same thing before 2015, and before this season. The NFL in general, just isn't that interesting anymore.

Why do you waste your time on this board? The league, the Bengals and we board members just seem to bore you. We offer nothing to your interest, according to you.

I have watch less NFL games than I ever have. It isn't as interesting as in the past. It is like everything else. A game of little girls. We can't practice with pads on during the off season. A face mask penalty is 15 yard even if it was accidental. Many replays that doesn't change anything. The extra point is a field goal. you have to make a football move to consider a catch a catch. And a many other things that has changed the game for the worst. The game is rigged in favor of the Pats, Steelers Cowboys. Refs are not held accountable for their bad calls. How many games have the league admitted was bad call that changed the ending of games. But you can change the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    I have watch less NFL games than I ever have. It isn't as interesting as in the past. It is like everything else. A game of little girls. We can't practice with pads on during the off season. A face mask penalty is 15 yard even if it was accidental. Many replays that doesn't change anything. The extra point is a field goal. you have to make a football move to consider a catch a catch. And a many other things that has changed the game for the worst. The game is rigged in favor of the Pats, Steelers Cowboys. Refs are not held accountable for their bad calls. How many games have the league admitted was bad call that changed the ending of games. But you can change the results.
    I am in the same boat. And speaking of penalties, here is one I hate. It is 3rd and long and the defense gets a 5 yard penalty for hands to the face or one of those small infractions but it is an automatic first down. Just stupid. 3rd and 16 becomes first down with a measly 5 yard penalty.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

People are letting the league know with the way ratings have gone down. And it has been well publicized. Players have made the same comments about the league and how ticky tacky it has gotten. I'm not very interested in football this year either, to be quite honest. I wasn't interested in Baseball this much this year... or NASCAR. Mayeb I'll watch more college basketball, I don't know. I'm more into staying up late watching tv shows and movies on Kodi and then sleeping in.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Why do you waste your time on this board? The league, the Bengals and we board members just seem to bore you. We offer nothing to your interest, according to you.
    With respect, sir, I was not directing this post to you. I will await Blazer's response.

Since when did this forum become yours? And just who would "we" be?

You and I come from a different era, Chief. Real football was played (and officiated) back in the days of the Rattler, Snake Stabler, and Too Tall. Heck, I even go back to Sonny Jurgenson--spitting teeth out at defensive bullies behind a single face bar. I played it back then...so did you. Nobody looked for a damn penalty every time someone looked at them cross eyed.

Real game. Not this pre-packaged circus.

I would go with Vance Joseph as Head Coach and hire Norv Turner as the offensive coordinator. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    I would go with Vance Joseph as Head Coach and hire Norv Turner as the offensive coordinator. Just my two cents.
    I wouldn't give a wooden nickel for Joseph

I agree with most of this stuff.

Except the league is NOT rigged in favor of the Pats, Steelers and Cowboys. They just happen to (1) have the best QBs in league (2) have the best F.O,s (not so with Cowboys)

The Pats focus on defense. They are very good every year - no matter who the DC is or what players they have. Brady is just the icing on the cake. Their coach is a genius.

The Steelers have a swag that goes back further than any current player. They always have great LBs. Rapistburger is a HOFer. They can always run the ball.

The Cowboys have put it together for one year. They got lucky with a couple of drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    I am in the same boat. And speaking of penalties, here is one I hate. It is 3rd and long and the defense gets a 5 yard penalty for hands to the face or one of those small infractions but it is an automatic first down. Just stupid. 3rd and 16 becomes first down with a measly 5 yard penalty.

In all fairness to the league, I think they are worried that they might be out of business some day.

Fact is - pro football is a debilitating profession. Those who play it have better than average shot at ending up crippled or with dementia.

Recent class-action suits against the league has found the league liable for possibly hundreds of millions in settlements. The players want tens of millions in salary PLUS large settlements after they retire with job-related problems.

They must demonstrate extreme means to prevent injury as best they can

It is what it is. The blood sport we all love has gone away due to tort attorneys.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    I agree with most of this stuff.

Except the league is NOT rigged in favor of the Pats, Steelers and Cowboys. They just happen to (1) have the best QBs in league (2) have the best F.O,s (not so with Cowboys)

The Pats focus on defense. They are very good every year - no matter who the DC is or what players they have. Brady is just the icing on the cake. Their coach is a genius.

The Steelers have a swag that goes back further than any current player. They always have great LBs. Rapistburger is a HOFer. They can always run the ball.

The Cowboys have put it together for one year. They got lucky with a couple of drafts.
    It may not be rigged by the league. But it is rigged by certain referees. I always gave the benefit of doubt until I watched to many bad calls for these teams. The Seattle/Pittsburgh Super was the worse I had seen up to that point. After that Super Bowl it got worse. Referees don't get fined or fired. They can call it like they want and never worry about losing their jobs because of their bad calls. What really pisses me off them going under the hood and still getting it wrong.
    We need full time refs who can't call games of their favored teams.

It may not be rigged by the league. But it is rigged by certain referees. I always gave the benefit of doubt until I watched to many bad calls for these teams. The Seattle/Pittsburgh Super was the worse I had seen up to that point. After that Super Bowl it got worse. Referees don't get fined or fired. They can call it like they want and never worry about losing their jobs because of their bad calls. What really pisses me off them going under the hood and still getting it wrong.
    We need full time refs who can't call games of their favored teams.
    You have hit on exactly why I have been watching less of the NFL.

I think college has got it right. Let someone in the booth review each play and buzz the field to initiate the replay. Have a third party review the play or at least participate in the review.

I am probably in the minority, but, I think the NFL has gotten to violent. I am not talking about hard hitting that is great. The last year has proven these guys know when a play is over and can pull off of a play, the ankle twisting and other stuff is not necessary. Lets just see good hard play, these guys are bigger and faster than the players even 10 years ago. I enjoy seeing the outstanding catches, great tackles, interior line moves, pinpoint throws, etc. If I want to see people kicking each other in the balls I will watch MMA - but i don't.

Vance Joseph

Could be another Mike Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by tibor75 View Post
    Vance Joseph

or could be another dave shula

Vance Joseph

Only if his eyes bug out, and he points a lot.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Vance Joseph

God, no. I can't stand Mike Tomlin and his shit-eating grin.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Did anyone really believe the Cowboys weren't going to be given Elliott's fumble at his 14 instead of Barr who recovered it?

So the God-man will now be 6-6. What is the word most commonly tossed about: mediocre?

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Did anyone really believe the Cowboys weren't going to be given Elliott's fumble at his 14 instead of Barr who recovered it?
    That was BS. If it was a lost fumble and recovery, shouldn't it have been first down?

If Zimmer had been on the sideline for that, I think he would have gone berserk.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

From Bengals.com
    Throw in Denver’s Trevor Siemian and the Bengals have been singed by first-year starting quarterbacks for a passer rating of 122.4 on five TDs and no picks. The Bengals lost to Siemian in his third NFL start and to Prescott in his fifth and was it because of a lack of a book on them? Bengals cornerback Adam Jones doesn’t think so because, “In Dallas we got run out of the building, so Prescott didn’t really beat us. “

They’ll have a book on Wentz because he’s already thrown 325 NFL passes. Lewis is 15-11 against the rookies.
    from USA today before Pitt got crushed by Philly
    Pittsburgh is 19-2 against first-year quarterbacks over the past dozen seasons, holding opposing offenses to 15.75 points and forcing double the amount of interceptions (25) as passing touchdowns allowed (12).
    More proof that Marvin Lewis is a crappy head coach. Zero preparation. Thinking that your standard game plan and/or your roster is good enough to just roll over people and they need to prepare for you instead.
    Only users lose drugs