Thread: Time to Tank, or Fight to the Finish?

Time to Tank, or Fight to the Finish?

I hate to say it, but I'm at the point now where I kind of hope we lose out (can we give Cleveland their only win of the season?) and land an impact player as a top 5 draft pick.

That said, I can never actively root against my team when I'm watching them. But I think it's evident that even if they manage to go on a run and win a bad division, a long stay in the playoffs is not in the cards.

I'm curious about how others feel. Do you agree, or do you hope we can win the division and get hot for a playoff run? I would love to be proved wrong in my opinion.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Fight to the finish. All we have to do is win out (cue laughter) and Baltimore has to beat Pittsburgh and we win the division.

Ask me again after Sunday's game.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Are we not already tanking?
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Are we not already tanking?
    We are DEVO!
    Dona eis Requiem

This team doesn't know how to fight.

If we did, we'd make better half time adjustments and perform better in PrimeTime.

Plus, ML seems to be more of a lover than a fighter.
    Cheers for beers!

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    I hate to say it, but I'm at the point now where I kind of hope we lose out (can we give Cleveland their only win of the season?) and land an impact player as a top 5 draft pick.

That said, I can never actively root against my team when I'm watching them. But I think it's evident that even if they manage to go on a run and win a bad division, a long stay in the playoffs is not in the cards.

I'm curious about how others feel. Do you agree, or do you hope we can win the division and get hot for a playoff run? I would love to be proved wrong in my opinion.

You think that's the ticket for this franchise? lol

For most of 20 years we had a top draft pick and what did it get us? Drafting in inverse order of wins, along with a salary cap is supposed to foster parity, but several teams consistently play better than the pack, and several teams consistently play worse than the pack. We are on the backside of our "peak". Funny that our 25 year peak didn't even include a playoff win. Sad, really.

It's a systemic problem with the Bengals. Mike Brown and his ilk is the virus.

They got lucky in a couple consecutive drafts, but missed the boat in 20 others. They can't just draft their 6 or 7 players each year and fix the franchise. EVERYBODY drafts 6 or 7 players every year. I won't get into my full rant on how a team like the Pats can draft low every year, yet consistently put out a better product than Mike Brown, but they do.

As far as tanking, I will watch and root for us to win every game that we play. I have never hoped for a loss. Period.