Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Mediocre Marv keeps Nugent, um, I mean MFB...

  1. #1
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,438

    Mediocre Marv keeps Nugent, um, I mean MFB...

    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...1/21/94240984/

    This SAD SACK needs to be shiat canned and what does Medicore Marv and MFB do, um, keep his sorry butt. Any other team would have dumped him a long time ago. They continue to be clueless! Oh and do not think it is not about money either, because you know it never is when trying to get better players around here. LOL
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  2. #2
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,438
    “It’s always a comparison, no question,” Lewis said. “It’s easy for everybody to say make that change, but when that change doesn’t work out what do you do? I’m way more comfortable with helping Mike get corrected and through this and him having the confidence we expect in him and have in him.”

    Didn't MFB make the change to bring Mediocre Marv here? I see he has the ole MFB mantra down to a tee. What a MORON!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    “It’s always a comparison, no question,” Lewis said. “It’s easy for everybody to say make that change, but when that change doesn’t work out what do you do? I’m way more comfortable with helping Mike get corrected and through this and him having the confidence we expect in him and have in him.”

    Didn't MFB make the change to bring Mediocre Marv here? I see he has the ole MFB mantra down to a tee. What a MORON!
    That quote sums up how conservative Lewis is - won't make a change for fear it may work out worse instead of making change(s) until it gets better. Shows why he sticks to old worn out players.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    That quote sums up how conservative Lewis is - won't make a change for fear it may work out worse instead of making change(s) until it gets better. Shows why he sticks to old worn out players.
    Exactly.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

    "You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    That quote sums up how conservative Lewis is - won't make a change for fear it may work out worse instead of making change(s) until it gets better. Shows why he sticks to old worn out players.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Exactly.
    Double Exactly.

  6. #6
    That comment screams of his conservative approach at the end of the first half after giving up points in the last minute.

    He'll tell the KR to down the ball. so they can down the ball a couple of times to run out the clock at the 20, now the 25.

    What if the KR gets the ball to midfield or, God forbid, returns one for a TD? Nope. Play it safe and down the ball. Teams are taught to grab at the ball at the end of the half and might take it away . . . taught by 31 teams, apparently.

    His teams have won in spite of him, not because of him. Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet would have won more than ML if they were allowed ML's power and personnel control.
    Only users lose drugs

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    “It’s always a comparison, no question,” Lewis said. “It’s easy for everybody to say make that change, but when that change doesn’t work out what do you do? I’m way more comfortable with helping Mike get corrected and through this and him having the confidence we expect in him and have in him.”

    Didn't MFB make the change to bring Mediocre Marv here? I see he has the ole MFB mantra down to a tee. What a MORON!


    How many millions of dollars does this guy get paid to make a kick that high school kids make every Friday night ? lol

    Also, that quote from Mike could be him musing about why they should not replace him. lol

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    How many millions of dollars does this guy get paid to make a kick that high school kids make every Friday night ? lol

    Also, that quote from Mike could be him musing about why they should not replace him. lol
    And think Bruce Aiarns told his kicker (Seattle game where he hit nothing) as we walked off the field after missing a short FG - "This is not High School". Zimmer shit-canned Walsh. Masrvin coddles Nugent and claps, I am sure we will hear that he has 'been kicking really well in practice" much the same way that Rey M makes tackles in practice.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  9. #9
    In the minority shebengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Masrvin coddles Nugent and claps, I am sure we will hear that he has 'been kicking really well in practice" much the same way that Rey M makes tackles in practice.
    Nugent said after the preseason that this was his best training camp ever.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

    "The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    Nugent said after the preseason that this was his best training camp ever.
    Which turned into his worst regular season ever.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    And think Bruce Aiarns told his kicker (Seattle game where he hit nothing) as we walked off the field after missing a short FG - "This is not High School". Zimmer shit-canned Walsh. Masrvin coddles Nugent and claps, I am sure we will hear that he has 'been kicking really well in practice" much the same way that Rey M makes tackles in practice.
    ...and Peko is the best NT in the NFL.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

    "You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

  12. #12
    Is Nugent inviolate with another missed XP today, which could well have killed our chances of winning the game?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by UKTiger View Post
    Is Nugent inviolate with another missed XP today, which could well have killed our chances of winning the game?
    He's the perfect Bungal...inept in every way.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

    "You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

  14. #14
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,438
    Our opponents love these dumb arse moves!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  15. #15
    Funny prediction on PFT:

    Eagles at Bengals

    MDS’s take: Both teams are well outside playoff contention, but this isn’t a bad matchup. I see a hard-fought game decided on a Mike Nugent missed extra point.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  16. #16
    Mike Nugent may have the worst extra point season ever. Nugent, the Bengals’ kicker, is 23-for-29 on extra points after missing his sixth of the season on Sunday. That puts him at 79.3 percent for the season. The lowest extra point rate in NFL history in a season with 35 or more attempts is 81.8 percent, meaning Nugent is on pace for the worst extra point season ever. Obviously, that’s largely a function of the NFL’s new rule moving extra points back by 13 yards, although it’s also worth noting that Nugent is performing even worse than NFL kickers did back in the days when kickers were expected to play other positions as well. He’s having a simply awful season.

    Was from PFT
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •