Thread: More Misery: Bengals at Baltimore

More Misery: Bengals at Baltimore

How did this happen? (I know and most of you know, as it's pretty obvious, but there are so many in perpetual denial that I have to let them continue living in their fantasy world.)

How did the 2016 Baltimore Ravens become a far superior team to the 2016 Cincinnati Bengals before Thanksgiving even got here?

It only gets better because games played after Thanksgiving have always been the worst-coached games and least prepared for games of Mavin's career.

Now with Marvin's Coaching career in Cincinnati seemingly on the line (we've said this before, haven't we LT, but like a bad penny, he keeps showing up for the next round of draft prospecting), Marvin will take even more control away from Guenther and Zampese and place his signature coaching moves and strategies on the last six games.

If Cincinnati covers the spread once, I'll be shocked as Marvin will week after week do worse than bettors and oddsmakers expect from him.
    Last edited by BlazerBenner; 11-23-2016 at 09:45 PM.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Only injuries can get the players who should be starting playing over Marvin's Veteran's and favorites.

So, finally, James Wright gets to start in Week 12 when he should have been starting for LaFell since Week 1. Unlike LaFell, Wright catches what is thrown at him. Unlike LaFell, Wright can get separation to make Dalton's throws easier. Unlike LaFell, Wright can get yards after the catch. The only problem is if Lewis gets the ball thrown to Wright. If he does, we can move the ball on Baltimore as Eifert will be double-teamed and Hill will see 8 in the box too often. Baltimore already leads the league in run-defense as they invite you to throw. That leaves single-coverage on Boyd, LaFell and Wright.

So, for six games Wright gets to force his way into next year's starting job opposite Green.

The injuries to Gio and Green also offers targets to Erickson when they go 4-Wide. Hewitt is now the 3rd-down back, but Erickson has the YAC potential. So, the injuries again force Marvin to use Erickson, someone who should have had 15-20 targets on the season by now, but has been left unused.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Brandon Thompson has three weeks to get on the field as he began practicing.

Peko gets worse every month in each season, usually being soent by Week 2, as he seems to only have enough strength and energy for training camp and pre-season to win the job. Thompson needs to take snaps from him.

Unfortunately, Kirkpatrick is not done for the season and is instead day-to-day. Dennard badly needed to be thrusted into a starting role so he could make his mistakes and learn the position. We already know how bad Dre is (that was a great pick, last week, though). We need to see 300 snaps and find out how bad Dennard is.

Too bad Shaun Williams isn't hurt for the season because Derron Smith needs to start the rest of the year for the same reason why Dennard should replace Dre.

Too bad Maualuga isn't hurt on the year, as we need to see more of the other LB's.

WJIII doesn't get a chance to play this yeat as Gio's loss gave the Designated-to-Return to Burkhead. Burkhead will help the ST's.

Uzomah has been a healthy scratch since Eifert came back. That could change. If the Bengals had half a brain in charge of this team Eifert would not line up as a TE again this season. Activate Uzomah and rotate him and Kroft in as the TE. Don't run 12-sets. Use Eifert as a WR with Wright and Boyd. Bench Lafell. LaFell sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    WJIII doesn't get a chance to play this yeat as Gio's loss gave the Designated-to-Return to Burkhead. Burkhead will help the ST's.
    Peerman not Burkhead. But again, we have a RB on the practice roster - Tra Carson - bring him up , see what he can do and bring back WJIII from IR - this way you would get snaps to two young guys. But no, we stick with the old, tried and true or not true in some cases.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Would rather WJIII get completely healed and try again next year. He would be the 5th CB anyway. Snaps would be good, but with a badly torn pec, the reward would not equal the risk. Peerman is a Pro Bowl ST player--meaning Burkhead gets more snaps where he can show the skills I believe he has at RB. In that regard, Perman was a better recall than WJIII at this juncture.

And the overhype of the Rats is typical. They are as sturdy as balsa wood. I hope they are as dismissive of the Bengals as their supposed fans are.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Peerman not Burkhead. But again, we have a RB on the practice roster - Tra Carson - bring him up , see what he can do and bring back WJIII from IR - this way you would get snaps to two young guys. But no, we stick with the old, tried and true or not true in some cases.
    Tylical Marvin. What purpose could it possibly serve to bring Peerman back instead of Tra and WJ3?

I just told you.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    I just told you.
    Yes. I read your comment after I posted mine, but, I disagree with it. If WJ3 is healthy enough he needs to play, the same way they forced time on Ogbuehi last year. Having the best ST in the world this season solves nothing towards the only goal that should matter, winning a Championship.

Another lost season.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
    Last edited by BlazerBenner; 11-24-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Yes. I read your comment after I posted mine, but, I disagree with it. If WJ3 is healthy enough he needs to play, the same way they forced time on Ogbuehi last year. Having the best ST in the world this season solves nothing towards the only goal that should matter, winning a Championship.

I agree. The season is lost. Better to find out what we have in WJIII and see what, if anything Tra Carson has to offer against a first string defense. Besides, if WJIII is 100% and is as good as advertised, then he'd help the team win more than Peerman. For the most part, special teams has not been the problem this year (Nugent and some occasional poor decisions by Erickson aside) and I don't see Peerman having a huge impact in the running game.

Another lost season.

Hapoy Holidays, everyone!
    And to you and yours.

But you do not know the health status. No one here does. I saw some tweet from him someplace where he said he was "getting strong", but that doesn't mean anything. But let's just say he is 100%, he would still not get all of these elusive snaps you think he would--he would be, after all, no higher than 4th CB. So guess where he would be: that's right, on the Special Teams.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Just saw that Clark Harris is out and so is Derron Smith. We did sign a LS off of the Giants practice squad and he has been activated.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Baltimore 9

Bengals 6

Nugent misses another FG that costs us a game, but he still suits up for Wk 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    And the overhype of the Rats is typical. They are as sturdy as balsa wood. I hope they are as dismissive of the Bengals as their supposed fans are.
    If the Ravens are balsa wood, the Bungals are paper machete.