Thread: Bengals vs Rats Game Thread

Bengals vs Rats Game Thread

We'll see...

Enjoy.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Note that we are suddenly all injured in the secondary - again showing how stupid this team was for bringing back Peerman instead of WJ111. Marvin remains an idoit
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Let's swing the momentum after the INT.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

If we actually had a modern NFL kicker, we would have made a FG there from the Baltimore 38. If we had a HC who had any balls, we'd have gone for a 1st Down.

But, since they are the Bungals, and they always will be until proven otherwise, they punt the ball.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

This team is worse than the Terrell Owens team.

Not playing well, but, not getting many calls either.

Dalton is a frickin' moron. Pump-fake it for Christ's sake!
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Dalton is a total ####up!

3 or 4 strip sacks today? How many batted balls? How many passes need to be knocked down before the Zampese learns to roll him out of the pocket to change things up? Jesus this offense is so ####ing stagnate. It's like last week when the Giants said they knew the Bengals didn't use crossing routes so they didn't even worry about them. What ####ing NFL team doesn't use crossing routes!?!??!

Every time Burkehead plays he impresses. So naturally we keep him on the bench..lol

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    3 or 4 strip sacks today? How many batted balls? How many passes need to be knocked down before the Zampese learns to roll him out of the pocket to change things up? Jesus this offense is so ####ing stagnate. It's like last week when the Giants said they knew the Bengals didn't use crossing routes so they didn't even worry about them. What ####ing NFL team doesn't use crossing routes!?!??!
    I said in chat that my dead grandmother could gameplan against our offense. And for the life of me, why doesn't the defense work on stripping the ball?
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Dalton just proves he cannot win an important game. He now has kINTna hands and has no clue when a player is around him.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Is Tyler Boyd really not as good as he was in college, or is Dalton not looking at him, making accurate throws to him... or what? Boyd is literally invisible most of the time.

Another example of just brilliant coaching today. Burkhead is slashing and dashing the Rat's D for 9, 12, 17 yards a carry, setting up play-action perfectly, and what does Willy Wonka do? He goes to the Shotgun with three wide-outs, so the Munchkin can get 12 frickin' balls batted down or get pancaked by the rush. Jee-zus! Marvin is just a total freekin' tool!

Bring in Tom Coughlin and hire Norv Turner. Turner has the pieces in place that he can run the same type of offense he ran with the group in Dallas during the Championship years. Yes, Dalton is no Aikman... and Hill/Gio is no Emmitt Smith, but Green is better than Michael Irvin, and Eifert is by far better than Novacheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    I said in chat that my dead grandmother could gameplan against our offense. And for the life of me, why doesn't the defense work on stripping the ball?
    Quote Originally Posted by furnbuff View Post
    Another example of just brilliant coaching today. Burkhead is slashing and dashing the Rat's D for 9, 12, 17 yards a carry, setting up play-action perfectly, and what does Willy Wonka do? He goes to the Shotgun with three wide-outs, so the Munchkin can get 12 frickin' balls batted down or get pancaked by the rush. Jee-zus! Marvin is just a total freekin' tool!
    Y'all are touching on the reasons why I defend Dalton so much. He's an average passer at best but he's a tremendous quarterback considering how well prepared the opponents are and how lost his teammates seem to be at times.
    Only users lose drugs

First of all, I have to give props to Harbaugh on a brilliant play call at the end of the game. Secondly, that you can intentionally hold to run out the clock is total bullshit. That rule needs to be changed. Also, if there is a safety at the end of the game, there should be a free kick with no time on the clock.

How does Zampese and/or Dalton not react to the batted balls and try something different? How many extra points does Nugent have to miss before he gets fired (I'm sure Marvin will blame it on having a new long snapper)?

I was listening to Tim McGee on the radio after the game and he said he thinks Marvin will be back next year because Mikey boy won't pay Marvin $5 million to sit at home.

Oh, and let's not forget Marvin's wasted timeout that cost us a first down. Great job, Marv.
    Last edited by TD Bengals; 11-27-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Every time Burkehead plays he impresses. So naturally we keep him on the bench..lol

I think it has been obvious, over the years, that the higher paid guys will play the most. They have to work for their pay - not sit.

Excellent strategy.

My brother in B.C. (Seahawks fan) was watching the Bengals game or trying to and he said to me "that has to be tough to watch" and I said "Nah, it is like a playoff game every week".