Thread: Mediocre Marv is Delusional....

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar

Mediocre Marv is Delusional....

Marvin Lewis: 'We need help' http://cin.ci/2g8dCJd

Yea, you sure do need help! You need help packing your bags, but I know MFB will never go for it. The season is over. No need to blame 3rd downs anymore or making excuses for Nugent or thinking this team has a shot, like I said, Delusional.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

No more shovels or axes to chop wood or big boy pads. No more lame training camp T-shirt 'sayings'. No more arrogant press conferences. No more childish hand clapping. No more playing the highest paid guys instead of the best ones. No more conservative play calling. No more ML please.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    Marvin Lewis: 'We need help' http://cin.ci/2g8dCJd

Yea, you sure do need help! You need help packing your bags, but I know MFB will never go for it. The season is over. No need to blame 3rd downs anymore or making excuses for Nugent or thinking this team has a shot, like I said, Delusional.
    In that same article, Dre says, "I'm a winner. I've never been in this position before." Another delusional member of the team. He's been the weakest link of the Defense for three years. He's slightly better this year as others in the Secondary have been worse, but he's still way below league average.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    In that same article, Dre says, "I'm a winner. I've never been in this position before." Another delusional member of the team. He's been the weakest link of the Defense for three years. He's slightly better this year as others in the Secondary have been worse, but he's still way below league average.

Dre seems to be a jerk. The occasional times that he makes a play, he prances around like he is a stud. lol

He misses more face-to-face tackles than any player I've seen in recent memory. If he could tackle, he would save 20 yards and several 1st downs a game ......every game.

The fact that he and an over-the -hill PacMan continues to keep Dennard on the bench, shows that the Bengals' recent back to back drafting success was probably just an aberration. The future looks like the past to me.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Dre seems to be a jerk. The occasional times that he makes a play, he prances around like he is a stud. lol

He misses more face-to-face tackles than any player I've seen in recent memory. If he could tackle, he would save 20 yards and several 1st downs a game ......every game.

The fact that he and an over-the -hill PacMan continues to keep Dennard on the bench, shows that the Bengals' recent back to back drafting success was probably just an aberration. The future looks like the past to me.
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. Dre Kirkpatrick is the worst tackler I've ever seen. He makes one great play for every 5 bad plays.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Maybe Marvin should get the Gerard Gallant treatment:

http://deadspin.com/florida-panthers...-ca-1789422119

I don't care who you are, now that's funny.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Dre is essentially Artrell Hawkins.

Dennard may not be on the bench because he is not as good as the others, he very well could be on the bench because ML hates playing younger guys. As stated a lot over the past few weeks, ML mis-manages younger players, they need field time so you know what you have before their first contract is up.

I have no issue with our drafts but no team can rely 100% on the draft - it is a key part of the puzzle but not every piece. The Pats have had several dismal drafts in the past 5-7 years yet they keep winning. They play young players and the bail on young players quickly if they have to. The Pats would have bailed on a Margus Hunt project very early.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Gerard Gallant's big sin...which would be a virtue here...is he dared to call certain players "soft" and angered management by saying they were not getting the right players in. Of course, he's a "bad coach" for only winning his division going away last season, and somehow managing to squeeze 11 wins out of that injured/soft rabble this year. He even succeeded in coaxing 35 wins out of the unmitigated disaster that is the Columbus Blue Jackets several years back.

Now the visual, is a "bad coach" being humiliated by a "no nonsense organization who simply want to win and won't accept mediocrity". Of course, it is not that, but a nice show put on by the Panthers.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Dre is essentially Artrell Hawkins.

Dennard may not be on the bench because he is not as good as the others, he very well could be on the bench because ML hates playing younger guys. As stated a lot over the past few weeks, ML mis-manages younger players, they need field time so you know what you have before their first contract is up.

I have no issue with our drafts but no team can rely 100% on the draft - it is a key part of the puzzle but not every piece. The Pats have had several dismal drafts in the past 5-7 years yet they keep winning. They play young players and the bail on young players quickly if they have to. The Pats would have bailed on a Margus Hunt project very early.

I have to disagree with the Hawkins comparison. I remember that Artrell was a fine tackler, especially against the run. He routinely sacrificed his body to make tackles in losing seasons - when everyone else was phoning it in.

Artrell's main deficit was he could not play the ball, nor catch the ball. He could cover the WR, but the WR would still make the catch. He also got called for a lot of ticky-tacky pass interference calls. He was a at least better than his running mate - Rod Toast Jones. lol

Imagine being a CB and your nickname is "Toast" lol

Our other Rod Jones played LT. His nickname was "The Matedor", as in "OLEY !!"

We could never stink that bad again, could we?

Our other Rod Jones played LT. His nickname was "The Matedor", as in "OLEY !!"
    I hate this. Rod Jones was a 7th round tackle, drafted to play guard, started week one.
    The first round pick that year was Willie Anderson.

Willie Anderson didn't see the field until week ten and he ####ing sucked ass as a LT. He couldn't sleep for three days before facing Bruce Smith.
    In the offseason, they moved WA "back to his natural RT"(BULLSHIT!!!) so he can relax against the opponents #2 pass rusher.
    Rod Jones was moved to play LT because Willie Anderson was an overrated pussy.

THEN(and this really pisses me off)years later, the Bengals were having trouble at LT and reporters asked WA if he'd move to LT to help the Bengals and he said if only they pay him more, after being the highest paid RT for years.

#### Willie Anderson.
    Only users lose drugs