Thread: The Bengals still have a chance, dammit! {CAUTION} Optimistic post

The Bengals still have a chance, dammit! {CAUTION} Optimistic post

Obviously Cincy has to run the table and they've shown nothing to indicate that they could pull this off . . . or have they?
    Loss at Pit, bad call at end while driving to attempt to tie game. 8 point loss at a tough opponent
    Loss vs Denver, AJ Green drops a pass on third down while down 5 late in the 4th, Marvin punts while in Denver territory, Jones hurt for one play, TD pass over his replacement, game over, lost by 12
    Loss at Cowboys, asses whupped, lost by 14
    Loss at NE, played great and held them very close until very late in first half and then Gronk killed them, lost by 18
    LOSS vs Redskins, yeah it was a tie but Nugent ruined it. Sure, the pass D was shitty but Cousins has proved to be a bit of a baller.
    Loss at NYG, didn't play good, didn't play bad, lost by 1, on the road on a Monday night to an 8-3 squad with damn near equal talent
    Loss vs Buf, Nugent, lost Green very early, lost Bernard late, lost by 4
    Loss @ Bal, Nugent, no Green or Bernard, lost by 5 against a tough D

A few winnable games in there. They could easily be 6-5 or 7-4 with this roster that we bitch so much about. Even with a No-win-vember to forget, they still have a very small chance to win the division and (LOL) host a playoff game.

Cincinnati
    vs 5-6 Phi - very beatable, on the downswing but Marvin is only 15-11 vs first year QBs
    @ 0-12 Cle - They'll probably go 4-1, have everything fall their way with Pit and Bal losses and this will be the one they lose just to make the season sting a little more, they should win, but . . . Marvin
    vs 6-5 Pit - I want to watch them beat these guys no matter the situation
    @ 6-5 Hou - I don't think that they scare anybody, neither do the Bengals but they need to finally exorcise this demon
    vs 6-5 Bal - very up and down, great D, they'll be coming off the tough Pit game

Now if that all works out(yeah, right), they would need two more losses by Pit and Baltimore and that is very possible because they still have to play one another one more time

Baltimore
    vs 7-4 Mia - Playing solid football on both sides of the ball
    @ 9-2 NE - Weakened but still very tough, need Baltimore to lose these first two
    vs 5-6 Phi - Probably will beat Philly, last home game of the season
    @ 6-5 Pit - Very key for Baltimore to win this game to help
    @ 3-7-1 Cin - This would be a loss for them under Cincy's run the table dream scenario

Pittsburgh
    vs 8-3 NYG - C'mon, Eli! Should be one hell of a game
    @ 6-5 Buf - Same as above, two very evenly matched teams, if they lose one of the first two games, Cincy has a chance to at least ruin their season
    @ 3-7-1 Cin - This would be a loss for them under Cincy's run the table dream scenario
    vs 6-5 Bal - This should be Pit's fourth straight tough game
    vs 0-12 Cle - Roger's team gets to finish the season with a cupcake

Any other dreamers still on board? I'm pretty sure this post will be meaningless in 36 hours but what the hell.
    Only users lose drugs

So basically Cincy has to go 5- and Bal and Pit have to go 2-3 to finish the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    So basically Cincy has to go 5- and Bal and Pit have to go 2-3 to finish the year?
    Yeah.

I know it's extremely unlikely that a three win team will pull off a five game run this late in the season, but not impossible. The season is a series of ups and downs. Miami was 1-4. Hopefully, they got one more win in this streak to take down Baltimore.

Very possible that two 6-5 teams go 2-3 to finish out the season.
    Only users lose drugs

The thing is, even if the near-impossible happens, and the Bengals sneak into the playoffs, so what? They're playing uninspired football and would go nowhere.

Stop torturing yourself and just let the season go....it's o-vuh.

Where have I heard this before: "It's why you play the games!"

Some here will espouse their undying loyalty, but secretly hope the team loses out--or at least get to 10 losses, so that their bellyaching will be justified. It's what they live for--prime example that their post counts increased two-fold during this downturn, whereas you barely heard a peep out of them even a year ago.

In any event, count me in on your Pickett's Charge finish to the season. It starts tomorrow.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Where have I heard this before: "It's why you play the games!"

Some here will espouse their undying loyalty, but secretly hope the team loses out--or at least get to 10 losses, so that their bellyaching will be justified. It's what they live for--prime example that their post counts increased two-fold during this downturn, whereas you barely heard a peep out of them even a year ago.

In any event, count me in on your Pickett's Charge finish to the season. It starts tomorrow.
    Look at the postcounts for playoff games.
    Dona eis Requiem

The Bengals have about the same chance as Hillary with the recount.

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    Look at the postcounts for playoff games.
    I rest my case.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    So you're saying that there is a chance. . .
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    only if the cleveland browns call and pay for a recount of the scores in the bengals previous 7 losses.

Not expecting it to happen but it can. Bengals can give them both one lost. They have to. Ravens only play one team with a record of 6-5 0r less besides Bengals. Steelers have best chance to win division as they play Browns last game of season. Meaning near impossible for Bengals to get in.

Ouch, not looking good Ravens up 14-0 on Fins already.

Ouch, not looking good Ravens up 14-0 on Fins already.
    Still can lose against Bengals, Steelers although I want them to win that game, New England and Eagles.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    LOL Exactly!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

3bab66cd1ff6adaf7125423c620e63209d24be4992a7f0e768e7c457f9cb7c64.jpg

So now the Bengals need the Steelers to lose out, including the last game of the season at home against the Browns.

They also need the Ravens to lose to the Pats and Eagles.

Chances... meet hell.

So...your betting makes you 50% correct?

Do you take even money on gravity winning if you throw a weighted object in the air?

Or does even a glimmer of possibility ruin your day? Or do you just want to ruin it for others?

Let me guess...you are a "realist"? And that means what exactly?

Chances... meet hell.
    Ummmmmm? Weren't those chances already in Hell before my original post?

Obviously Cincy has to run the table and they've shown nothing to indicate that they could pull this off

Even with a No-win-vember to forget, they still have a very small chance to win the division and (LOL) host a playoff game.

Now if that all works out(yeah, right)

I'm pretty sure this post will be meaningless in 36 hours
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    So...your betting makes you 50% correct?

Do you take even money on gravity winning if you throw a weighted object in the air?

Or does even a glimmer of possibility ruin your day? Or do you just want to ruin it for others?

Let me guess...you are a "realist"? And that means what exactly?
    50%? In some context EVERYTHING is 50% of whether it happens or not. But that's silly in these circumstances. You want to bet even money on the Browns winning the last game of the year AT Pittsburgh? I'll bet you $1,000. What say ye Mr. "I think I'm superior to everyone else on this message board."

Ummmmmm? Weren't those chances already in Hell before my original post?
    I actually thought it could be possible when you first made this thread, but in order for it to happen Pittsburgh would HAVE to lose one of their two games against Buffalo or the Giants. Now that, that hasn't happened, it is next to impossible.

The Bengals season to tomorrow night's game. If the Ravens win it's over. If they lose... well then you have to become the biggest Eagles and Browns fan you have ever been.

and balt has to beat stoolers, cause now they have to lose out and we gotta win out.

Enjoy each game for itself.

We ain't going anywhere this year. lol

Even Mediocre Marv and soP believe that, otherwise they would be working out kickers.

No way you would go into a playoff game with Nuge.

NE wins to keep the Bengals alive for at least one more game.

Great.

The Steelers get a chance to knock the Bengals out two years in a row.
    Enjoy each game for itself.
    Which is pretty much why I started this thread. Surprised that they are still mathematically alive. IF they beat the Steelers and Philly does something that they haven't done all season(play well on the road), then the Bengals still go into Christmas Eve's game at Houston still alive with Bal @ Pit the next morning. I'd like to enjoy that time. But I have a feeling either Cincy's two game winning streak ends, Philly gets crushed or both. Philly's most dangerous weapon(Darren Sproles) is in concussion protocol and they just lost their long snapper for the season.
    We ain't going anywhere this year. lol
    Nope.
    Even Mediocre Marv and soP believe that, otherwise they would be working out kickers.

No way you would go into a playoff game with Nuge.
    You raise one hell of a point.
    Only users lose drugs

If we win out and Baltimore beats Pittsburgh we should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    If we win out and Baltimore beats Pittsburgh we should go.
    No, the Steelers still have to lose to the Browns otherwise they would end up 10-6 and the Bengals 8-7-1. I still don't see how the Bengals would beat the Steelers out if the Steelers are 9-7 and the best the Bengals can do is 8-7-1.

Yeah, we really needed The Giants or Bills to beat the Steelers. Odell Beckham complained about not getting calls against the Steelers DBs. Who saw that coming?
    Only users lose drugs

No, the Steelers still have to lose to the Browns otherwise they would end up 10-6 and the Bengals 8-7-1. I still don't see how the Bengals would beat the Steelers out if the Steelers are 9-7 and the best the Bengals can do is 8-7-1.
    They wouldn't. The Steelers have to lose their last 3 games (8-8) for the Bengals to have a shot at the division.

And as per usual, the Steelers are getting better as the season progresses.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Not to be contradictory, but please do look at their last 4 opponents, and please do look at their margins (née reasons) for the streak.

The NFL set them up before the season began, for this favorable stretch of games. Anyone who really believes these are the Steel Curtain Boys (sans steroids, maybe) may need to actually research them. They are quite ordinary. And have been for the past three seasons, conservately.

/and please no...what are the Bengal then? Which is a non sequitur/

Not that I am wishing injury on the Rapist or any of his inbred teammates, but, if this is a typical Stealers - Bengals brawl fest they could be limping into the final two games.

Do you think Brown will be coming across the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Not that I am wishing injury on the Rapist or any of his inbred teammates, but, if this is a typical Stealers - Bengals brawl fest they could be limping into the final two games.

yep and the flag will be thrown before the pass is whether they touch him or not.

Yep. There is a good chance that Pittsburgh has several key players knocked out for the Cleveland game after playing Cincinnati and Baltimore in back to back weeks.
    Only users lose drugs

I suspect Brown will scorch us over the middle while Bell scorches us in the running game. I have yet to see the same attitude in the defense they held last year so they will likely get beaten like the proverbial red headed step child. Meanwile, the offense will kick field goals. If anyone hs any expectations above this they are simply fooling themselves. I am actually hoping a Steelers blow-out is the trigger to get ML out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    I suspect Brown will scorch us over the middle while Bell scorches us in the running game. I have yet to see the same attitude in the defense they held last year so they will likely get beaten like the proverbial red headed step child. Meanwile, the offense will kick field goals. If anyone hs any expectations above this they are simply fooling themselves. I am actually hoping a Steelers blow-out is the trigger to get ML out of town.
    I don't think so this is Bengals-Stealers, if you think this game will affect ML's future - I don't know what to tell you.

I did say 'hope' which in the land of a Bengal fan can be often defined as 'futile'

You also said ' If anyone hs any expectations above this they are simply fooling themselves. I am actually hoping a Steelers blow-out is the trigger to get ML out of town.'

You can't have it both ways.

Go Bengals

You also said ' If anyone hs any expectations above this they are simply fooling themselves. I am actually hoping a Steelers blow-out is the trigger to get ML out of town.'

You can't have it both ways.

Go Bengals
    Why not?

IC: respectfully, if those bastards are so damn great and unstoppable, why do they have 5 losses and are not #1 Seed?

And why do you actively cheer against the Bengals, while continuing to use the first person plural personal pronoun "we"?

I actually don't cheer against the Bengals, but I am a realist. After 3 straight weak playoff efforts to me it was clear the way the team was structured it could not win in the playoffs. So i am realistic about that. I hate the Steelers as much as anyone but they have at least proven they can rise to the occasion and come playoff time they are a team to always contend with. And this season, the Bengals are so apathetic it is clear they have no edge or desire to their game. It si simply being realistic. ML is not the coach to take this team to the next level so he should be gone. Plain and simple.