Thread: Iggles vs Bengals Game Thread

Iggles vs Bengals Game Thread

Enjoy.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Will Cedric ever be a starter on this team again in the near future? I'm thinking if Whitworth comes back again next year... Fisher might be starting RT.

At this point it is comical. He has missed what 4 of his last 5 extra points?

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    We win! Super Bowl Bound, Here We Come! Next week the Clowns! We shall see. Dalton played better without AJ, think about that. Maybe it took him a week. The Fisher call at near end of the game was a dumb call, even though it worked except for the fumble. He is injured now. Why take a chance like that? Nugent still needs to hit the BRICKS! I do not care what he did today by making a few. D played pretty good. Johnson and Peko are still worthless! That is all!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Zampese had a pretty good day today. Dalton was putting the ball right where it needed to be. D played great aside from a couple of dropped INTs. Good team win . . . except for another Nugent miss.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    At this point it is comical. He has missed what 4 of his last 5 extra points?
    I'm actually shocked that Nugent wasn't the first NFL player to miss 3 consecutive XPs, but it happened back in 1986....seems as unlikely as 3 dropped infield popups in a row by the same guy....I was almost Nugent missed the 4th PAT just for the record.

Bengals win...very little commentary from the Bellyache Gang.

Like the sun coming up in the morning.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    The Clapper did good too with his usual rah rah on the sidelines. I missed that part. The Sun wil set too tomorrow. Interesting how that works.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Bengals win...very little commentary from the Bellyache Gang.

Like the sun coming up in the morning.
    Bengals finally win their 4th game...in Week 13. They're on a roll.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

That is what another thread entails: something positive.

Being there yesterday, it was a lot of fun. That too, is positive.

Anything wrong with that? (I already know the response to the question from the usual suspects, but thought I would ask)

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Bengals finally win their 4th game...in Week 13. They're on a roll.

Anything wrong with that? (I already know the response to the question from the usual suspects, but thought I would ask)
    It isn't the roll it is the game. The Bengals finally played liked they were capable of. The defense finally stepped it up a notch and Dalton found all of his receivers without Green. To me Dalton is a better QB without Green. The same with Matthew Stafford being better without Megatron. I rather enjoy the win instead of being down with a lost.

So we're back to Fumetti's ethos of enjoying each game as a self contained entity without the context of season or general team direction. And even enjoying each play in such a fashion in regsrds to the ultimate outcome of the game.
    And it only took less than a season!
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    So we're back to Fumetti's ethos of enjoying each game as a self contained entity without the context of season or general team direction. And even enjoying each play in such a fashion in regsrds to the ultimate outcome of the game.

My ethos also. That is why I would never root for the Bengals to tank and why I have never left a game early or quit watching them during a season.

I bitch about what I see as an everlasting organizational handicap - but I love to watch them win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    I'm actually shocked that Nugent wasn't the first NFL player to miss 3 consecutive XPs, but it happened back in 1986....seems as unlikely as 3 dropped infield popups in a row by the same guy....I was almost Nugent missed the 4th PAT just for the record.

Remember the 2nd baseman for the Dodgers who couldn't make a simple throw to 1st?

Anyone?

Steve Sax
    Dona eis Requiem

Sort of the anticipated response, but more thoughtful. And what a memory: recalling the "Fumetti Ethos"! BTW: I still see him post on go-bengals periodically.

Ethologically speaking, however, it is true: one only has one game at a time to take in--especially if one is in attendance. I will admit: the other day, I was "scoreboard watching"...checking out the Rat game. And I do look at other games after, in order to evaluate the state of the race at the time. Then, it is over and done with for the week. And, I never concern myself with the off-season until the off-season arrives. And, as far as "direction" is involved, neither I or anyone else not employed by a franchise has the slightest input into the process, so I am not concerned. It is great fun to muse, however, but not get to the point of worrying about it day and night.

Steve Sax
    Yep, that's the guy.

Nugent going through the same mental masturbation that Sax did.

Too bad they fired the long-snapper. It's always the cheap guy who takes the hit.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post

Too bad they fired the long-snapper. It's always the cheap guy who takes the hit.
    Clark Harris got hurt. Did they get rid of him?
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    Clark Harris got hurt. Did they get rid of him?

Maybe it was just a false assumption. I thought maybe that high snap on one of the misses caused him to be a 'scapegoat.

I didn't know he was hurt.

Happened against Buffalo. Not sure exactly what it was, but he took a nasty spill on a ST play and seemed to bend his leg backwards like a pretzel.

I'll admit to liking them having a practice roster spot for a backup long snapper.
    Only users lose drugs