Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: Bengals vs Brownies II Game Thread

  1. #1

    Bengals vs Brownies II Game Thread

    Enjoy.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  2. #2
    Uh, where was this team from the last two weeks? Seriously, WTF. If they played like this all year it would be a no brainer for the playoffs.

  3. #3
    They will play well enough down the stretch to save Marvin's job, so thanks team.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  4. #4
    OL has given up 3 more sacks however
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  5. #5
    The RT and Center position have to be better next year. Giving up 3 first half sacks to the worst pass rush in the league is sad.

  6. #6
    Ok, for f ucks sake make Nugent drive home. This is embarrassing. They should cut him immediately following the game.

  7. #7
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    Nugent is a clown! XP not his fault, but what does it take for Medicore Marv to get it? This is why we lose! Marv is an imbecile!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    They will play well enough down the stretch to save Marvin's job, so thanks team.
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    OL has given up 3 more sacks however
    maybe we can lose Alexander at the min. is his contract up yet?

  9. #9
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    They will play well enough down the stretch to save Marvin's job, so thanks team.
    Losing to this team might have been his nail in his coffin, but now, well, if they lose to Pitt and Balt he will have yet another of many excuses.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  10. #10
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    Mediocre Marv playing like a wuss right before half like he always does, better hope it does not come back to bite him. Well, MFB will not FIRE the clapper anyways as we all know, but i can still post about it.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    Mediocre Marv playing like a wuss right before half like he always does, better hope it does not come back to bite him. Well, MFB will not FIRE the clapper anyways as we all know, but i can still post about it.
    From the article I read about Marvin this week, he doesn't plan on retiring from coaching any time soon, and won't take a job in the Bengals' front office when he's done. He said he would rather work under Ozzie Newsome than work with Duke Tobin...f uck Marvin.

  12. #12
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    From the article I read about Marvin this week, he doesn't plan on retiring from coaching any time soon, and won't take a job in the Bengals' front office when he's done. He said he would rather work under Ozzie Newsome than work with Duke Tobin...f uck Marvin.
    He has a Cash Cow here, why would he retire? He will make millions more doing absolutely nothing. The fans will have to stop going to the games again or you can forget about any change.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  13. #13
    Oh , boy here comes the collapse. Marvin took his foot off the gas pedal, made zero adjustments and now they are about to have less than a TD lead.

  14. #14
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    crapatrick add to my BLOW list on this team. He just acted like he did something and the guy was wide open, but it was a bad throw by RGIII.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  15. #15
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Oh , boy here comes the collapse. Marvin took his foot off the gas pedal, made zero adjustments and now they are about to have less than a TD lead.
    What Marvin does best. He will always be a TOOL!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  16. #16
    Wow after last week Burfict is having a HORRIBLE day today. One tackle all day. Dunlap has only one tackle too.

  17. #17
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    Well, looks like they pulled this one off. Good thing the D finally starting playing at the end. They should have crushed these Chumps!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    Well, looks like they pulled this one off. Good thing the D finally starting playing at the end. They should have crushed these Chumps!
    Yep, should have won by at least 30.

  19. #19
    As usual...even a win--and one which was never in doubt from the beginning--is met with more wailing and gnashing of teeth than if it had gone the other way.

    Sorry that they won, and disappointed some people.

    No I'm not.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    As usual...even a win--and one which was never in doubt from the beginning--is met with more wailing and gnashing of teeth than if it had gone the other way.

    Sorry that they won, and disappointed some people.

    No I'm not.
    Disappointed... yes I'm disappointed that they took their foot of the pedal. I'm lost as to why Nugent still has a job. You aren't? I'm lost as to why Burfict and Dunlap were non-existent today.

  21. #21
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Disappointed... yes I'm disappointed that they took their foot of the pedal. I'm lost as to why Nugent still has a job. You aren't? I'm lost as to why Burfict and Dunlap were non-existent today.
    He hates when you point out FACTS and then gibberish about you are a Realist and what is that. My eyes and brain cells say Peko, Johnson, Nugent and Kirkpatrick are trash and are a hinderance to this team. Dalton is playing better without his crutch in AJ. When he comes back, get ready for forced passes going his way. The OL is mediocre. We were passing all over them and the Marv goes back to conservative. Even Tasker said he talked to Marv at the half and said they need to establish the run, well, what happens, he runs the ball instead of throwing. All he cares about is the clock running with a lead.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  22. #22
    I enjoyed today's game.

    Worried coming in, as Hue is desperate and had two weeks to prepare.

    Dalton and skill players looked good.

    Dre is now my least favorite Bengal. Hot dogs it when he doesn't do anything to affect the play.

    Got to be hundreds of guys available that can make a 30 yard FG for league minimum. Mike doesn't think we are going to playoffs...so finish with Nugent.

    Browns have three players - Thomas, Crowell and Haden.

  23. #23
    It was really nice to see Boyd making plays. Throughout the year many people said he wasn't being effective because he was too slow to get separation, yet he looked good today, and had quite a bit of speed on his run. Dansby looked extra inspired today. I think he led the team in tackles.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    It was really nice to see Boyd making plays. Throughout the year many people said he wasn't being effective because he was too slow to get separation, yet he looked good today, and had quite a bit of speed on his run. Dansby looked extra inspired today. I think he led the team in tackles.

    It gives us hope for next year, he teaming with AJ, plus Eifert. Got to get the O-line straightened out.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    I'm lost as to why Burfict and Dunlap were non-existent today.
    Most players on this team are very inconsistent. Flashes of great plays and times when they look useless or not interested. ML cannot keep this team engaged for 60 minutes let alone 16 games.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Most players on this team are very inconsistent. Flashes of great plays and times when they look useless or not interested. ML cannot keep this team engaged for 60 minutes let alone 16 games.
    Low numbers by Dunlap and Burfict? Game planning by Hue. Ray Lewis is an all-time great, but Marvin knew how to game plan him out of the stat book. Look up Ray Lewis' tackle numbers against the Bengals when Marvin took over. Way below his average. He knew how to disrupt his game and did. Too bad that's all he could do as a head coach. If Marvin could be that effective against Ray Lewis, then certainly Hue can do the same to Burfict and Dunlap.
    Only users lose drugs

  27. #27
    In the minority shebengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Posts
    1,331
    My frozen take on the game: (yes, I have finally thawed out)

    1. With his injury history, Tyler Eifert has NO business hitting anyone hard enough to draw a personal foul. I'm surprised he didn't break his arm on that play.
    2. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if your running game has issues, playing the Bengals' defense will cure it. I can't believe the Browns ran for so much.
    3. RG III's receivers did him NO favors whatsoever. I don't know how many passes they flat out dropped. RG III looked like he hadn't played since the 1st game of the season.
    4. Agreed on Kirkpatrick. He is the worst tackler in the league and celebrates too much when he has even a semblance of a good play.
    5. Why is Nugent still here? In all fairness, the play during the botched extra point was entertaining but got me thinking: What if, in the process of lateraling the ball one of our players got it and ran it back to the end zone. Is that a score? What kind of score would it be?
    6. Marvin wanted to establish the run. Well, he did. I'm not going to fault him for not having Dalton throw more because he didn't need to and with our OL issues, do you want to put him into that kind of danger if you don't need to? He fumbled the ball once on a sack.
    7. Our run defense issues better get fixed and fast, otherwise Leve'on Bell is going to run all over us.
    8. Finally, I thought the Browns might win one game this year. After yesterday, I'm convinced, they are going 0-16.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

    "The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

  28. #28
    Glad you got to drive home happy. After noticing the lack of spectators, I was thinking perhaps you could cheer and they would hear you on the field? Stub Hub had $7 seats for sale yesterday morning (including will call).

    The field looked like a skating rink--did you get that impression?

    I have only been in that building once. All in all, not a bad facility. Relatively easy to get in and out of.

    You have won several in a row now on your annual trip. Papa and young man still love you!
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    As usual...even a win--and one which was never in doubt from the beginning--is met with more wailing and gnashing of teeth than if it had gone the other way.

    Sorry that they won, and disappointed some people.

    No I'm not.
    The point spread was 5.5. They more than covered that. You're not going to blow out a team in the NFL if you keep pounding the run like Marvin did and don't pick up TOs. I think Marvin wanted the safe win and didn't want to blow out his close friend on the other sideline

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    8. Finally, I thought the Browns might win one game this year. After yesterday, I'm convinced, they are going 0-16.
    I think they have a very good chance to beat the Chargers in 2 weeks, particularly if the weather's bad. The Chargers will have nothing to play for

  31. #31
    The one time I went to a game there we were sitting in the top rows of one of the sections and for some odd reason the outside wall was not solid, it was a metal grate, and the wind would blow right through it off the lake. It was cold as hell. I have no idea why they would design something like that.

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think they have a very good chance to beat the Chargers in 2 weeks, particularly if the weather's bad. The Chargers will have nothing to play for
    Nah - they are going to beat the Stealers.






    Just kidding

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    The one time I went to a game there we were sitting in the top rows of one of the sections and for some odd reason the outside wall was not solid, it was a metal grate, and the wind would blow right through it off the lake. It was cold as hell. I have no idea why they would design something like that.
    They didn't get the new stadium placed any better than the old one--whose foundation is just a couple hundred yards or so to the east (being used as a breaker against Lake Erie tides).
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  34. #34
    In the minority shebengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Glad you got to drive home happy. After noticing the lack of spectators, I was thinking perhaps you could cheer and they would hear you on the field? Stub Hub had $7 seats for sale yesterday morning (including will call).

    The field looked like a skating rink--did you get that impression?

    I have only been in that building once. All in all, not a bad facility. Relatively easy to get in and out of.

    You have won several in a row now on your annual trip. Papa and young man still love you!
    Papa and young man still love me, but young man didn't go because he came down with a stomach flu and didn't want to endanger his recovery since he had 2 finals today. We couldn't give his ticket away.

    The field didn't look that bad.

    According to Paul Daugherty, tickets were going for as low as $3.00 on Stub Hub which means a beer would have cost 3X as much as to get into the game.

    We didn't even go up to our seats at the top of the stadium on the lake side. We sat in the lower bowl at the 50 yard line under cover with the full intention of moving if someone came along and we were sitting in their seats. No one claimed them so we just stayed.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

    "The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

  35. #35
    In the minority shebengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    The one time I went to a game there we were sitting in the top rows of one of the sections and for some odd reason the outside wall was not solid, it was a metal grate, and the wind would blow right through it off the lake. It was cold as hell. I have no idea why they would design something like that.
    Our seats were supposed to be there but we sat in the lower level on the 50 yard line prior to the game with the full intention of moving if someone claimed our seats and no one showed up so we stayed there. I have sat there before and it does get cold.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

    "The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •