Thread: Nugent cut, Bullock signed

Nugent cut, Bullock signed

Per a tweet from the Bengals.
    Sto Pro Veritate

A bold move..lol...a little late
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

I'm stunned the Bengals made a move like that...it's so un-Bengals like to actually waive a player who consistently under-performed, especially when the season's essentially over. I was sure Nugent would be gone in 2017, but to do it now is .....refreshing.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    I think they were hearing it from the fans and they had to make the move. All I can say is it is about time, but his replacement does not sound very good.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    I think they were hearing it from the fans and they had to make the move. All I can say is it is about time, but his replacement does not sound very good.
    I actually thought Bullock's credentials looked pretty decent for a guy picked up off the waiver pile in December.

*** He played college football at Texas A&M, and was recognized as the nation's best college football kicker and a consensus All-American.

*** He was selected by the Houston Texans in the fifth round of the 2012 NFL Draft, after winning college football's Lou Groza Award.

***Was selected in the fifth round of the 2012 NFL Draft, with the 161st overall pick, becoming the first kicker ever drafted by the team.

***Made his Steelers debut during a 24-14 victory over the New York Giants and completed field goals from 34-yards, 38-yards, and 44-yards while also making a PAT and 3 touchbacks

Hey, he has to be better than poor Nugent, whose mind is currently so bent out of shape he'll never get straightened out.

Mike Nugent is still a very rich young man. I doubt he needs any mental therapy. If any of us could have his problems!
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Out of curiosity, Jim Breech, Doug Pelphrey, and other kickers were members of the Kicks for Kids foundation. Was Nugent ever part of that?
    Last edited by Lewdog; 12-13-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Not seeing it.

Pelphrey. I had almost forgotten he was a Bengal kicker too.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Not seeing it.

Pelphrey. I had almost forgotten he was a Bengal kicker too.
    Yeah I don't see any other kickers on the site either. I did think other kickers took part in it, like Neil Rackers.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    ....but his replacement does not sound very good.
    Is he better than 50-50 on extra points?

Sad thing is I really like Nudge, what with him being an Ohio State guy and all. He used to be reliable as can be on the shorter stuff. Damn yips.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Bullock's wide-right was probably the best Christmas Eve gift Nugent ever got...

He unexplainable stutter-step approach leads me to believe his lack of experience with the holder was the culprit. The snap and the placement were perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    He unexplainable stutter-step approach leads me to believe his lack of experience with the holder was the culprit. The snap and the placement were perfect.
    Or he cannot handle the pressure

Well, that too.

Maybe there's a reason Bullock was out of work in mid-December....in any event, the Bengals now have half a year to find the right guy. It seems half the NFL has kickers who routinely drill 55-yarders, while Bengal fans hide their face in their hands on XP attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Maybe there's a reason Bullock was out of work in mid-December....in any event, the Bengals now have half a year to find the right guy. It seems half the NFL has kickers who routinely drill 55-yarders, while Bengal fans hide their face in their hands on XP attempts.
    Huber sucks too.

Lol, only 10 NFL kickers this year haven't hit a field goal from 50+. 23 kickers are 50% or more accurate from 50+.

Darrin Simmons needs to go back to Kansas.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Maybe the Bengals should hire this guy...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...yout/95910710/
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer