Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: THEM vs US Part 2 Game Thread

THEM vs US Part 2 Game Thread

In accordance with my vow since last January to never view these black/gold bastards in person in my stadium or view on an electronic device, so today is.

To the rest of you: please enjoy.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Can we at least get a win today (and a Ravens loss), so I'll have a reason to watch the Christmas Eve game?

With the Dolphins win last night, the Bengals are mathematically eliminated from the Wildcard. The Bengals only hope is to win out, have the Steelers lose to the Ravens and Browns and Baltimore lose today to the Eagles. I'd only give a slight hope for Cleveland to beat Pittsburgh since it is the last week of the season and they may be extra motivated in trying to avoid going 0-16.

In all likelihood, we'll be eliminated today (either by loss or Ravens win), so it won't matter anyway.

Nah, Bengals win today. Two of the three triplets are injured giving the Browns their first victory.

Eagles better start fuc king doing something. Though it would be nice to at least knock the Steelers out of the playoffs, it would be nice to have a shot at the playoffs going into week 17.

Oh damn it... now Burfict will go through the concussion stuff.

With Shaw on the field all the time, is Dennard hurt again or is he just a bust?

Eagles took the lead with under 2 minutes to go in the half... then give up a TD to the Ravens with 9 seconds left. Sad that the Bengals season is in the hands of the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    In accordance with my vow since last January to never view these black/gold bastards in person in my stadium or view on an electronic device, so today is.

To the rest of you: please enjoy.

Without watching, how will you know that the stripes will favor the Stealers?

l haven't seen Brown go across the middle once, but, with Burfict out (presumably) I bet that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    With Shaw on the field all the time, is Dennard hurt again or is he just a bust?
    Excellent question! They picked on Shaw when they saw the man to man coverage on Brown.

Why was Bodine that far down field on a pass play? And why did Dalton try to throw to him?

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    No halftime adjustments and Mediocre Marv is about to blow this game.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

The Steelers have 3...THREE... THREE healthy defensive linemen and the Bengals can't block in the second half. How is that possible?

FOUR PENALTIES IN A ROW????? Self destruction under Marvin... go figure.

I don't understand the logic in going for 2 but I will take it.

The Bengals have fully collapsed. How do these coaches still have a job?

Why didn't the clock stop when Bell went out of bounds without being touched? I get he went down but he went rolled out of bounds without being touched.

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Why didn't the clock stop when Bell went out of bounds without being touched? I get he went down but he went rolled out of bounds without being touched.
    I guess they ruled he gave himself up?

No hold there that I saw

The Bengals got out-coached. Zampese and Guenther had great game-plans coming into the game. But here is the consistent pattern all season.........they can't make 2nd half-adjustments. Zimmer would make necessary adjustments. In this game, you need to be smart enough to demonstrate your first hand, anticipate what different teams will do to stop it, and then you need a second hand. Lousy 2nd half.

Marvin Clapper should pack his bags! Per She telling me in Chat, blew four 4th quarter leads this year. They went to the stinkin run and Dalton with the dumb INT and did nothing after that, then the penalties all over the place on this undisciplined team. Pathetic!
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Brad and Lap said that the Bengals have blown 4 games where they led in the 4th quarter.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    The Bengals got out-coached. Zampese and Guenther had great game-plans coming into the game. But here is the consistent pattern all season.........they can't make 2nd half-adjustments. Zimmer would make necessary adjustments. In this game, you need to be smart enough to demonstrate your first hand, anticipate what different teams will do to stop it, and then you need a second hand. Lousy 2nd half.
    Exactly!

More penalty yards than offensive yards in the second half..pathetic.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Marvin Lewis deserves a 4 year extension.

You don't seriously think they are going to fire Marvin do you?

You don't seriously think they are going to fire Marvin do you?
    No, they are going to give him a raise. Marvin forced Mike Brown's hand by saying he won't work in Cincinnati's front office when he quits coaching, so now Brown has to keep him as head coach so that he stays with the organization.

Marvin Lewis has seven winning seasons, two with Palmer, five with Dalton . . . will he ever have another?

I laughed when Fouts said, "That's two holding penalties in a row on Kirkpatrick. You need to pull him off the field for a play or two to settle him down". Sorry, Dan. That's what real head coaches do.

Roethlisburger . . . 11-2 in PBS, 2-0 in the playoffs. Please get rid of Marvin Lewis.
    Only users lose drugs

Geoff HobKnob is still a kiss butt delusional person I see. I guess that comes with the territory working for MFB. 62K people there? Not a chance in hell there were that many and half of them there were stinking Stooler Fans!

Rallying from a pair of 14-point deficits in the first half, the Steelers defense came out of the locker room to strangle the Bengals and shut them out in the second half while racking up a 24-20 victory on a day both the Ravens and Pittsburgh eliminated Cincinnati from the play-off chase Sunday before 62,096 at Paul Brown Stadium.

Steelers win for the 7th out of the last 8 games in "their" Jungle.

Typical game, smarter coaches, smarter QB, out of control D.

We have always had the athletes to compete with the better teams.....but we are still losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Marvin Lewis has seven winning seasons, two with Palmer, five with Dalton . . . will he ever have another?

I laughed when Fouts said, "That's two holding penalties in a row on Kirkpatrick. You need to pull him off the field for a play or two to settle him down". Sorry, Dan. That's what real head coaches do.

Roethlisburger . . . 11-2 in PBS, 2-0 in the playoffs. Please get rid of Marvin Lewis.
    So Fouts also said the Bengals are the dirty team and the Stealers are not retaliating and that half of Burficts hits were illegal. What I watched on TV did not confirm the calls were justified, but, I am a homer. Regardless if you are basing your intelligent on his commentary I think I would reconsider.

Jeremy Hill admits they did not make second half adjustments. Wh‪at we all already knew but now is confirmed. Pathetic! Give Marv another extension. I could not get link to work to show video but it is over at the Q or what is Cincinnati.com.
    Last edited by TigerJ@w; 12-18-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    I can't blame Guenther because the offense never did anything in second half. Except for last score. The defense held Steelers to 3 49 yard field goals a 45 and a 40.
    It is all Marvin playing conservative.

Marvin ball. Play to lose!

So Fouts also said the Bengals are the dirty team and the Stealers are not retaliating and that half of Burficts hits were illegal. What I watched on TV did not confirm the calls were justified, but, I am a homer. Regardless if you are basing your intelligent on his commentary I think I would reconsider.
    So that's the new standard? I disagree with two or three someone says so everything else he says is idiotic?

I used Fouts as a reference because, whether you agree or not, his comment speaks about what football 101 says to do in that situation, and ML didn't do it.
    Only users lose drugs

Where oh where are the stupid Bengal fans defending Marvin Lewis? Have they finally left the building. It was obvious years ago he wasn't good enough to win in the NFL, but Bengal fans are a stupid bunch. Have they finally jumped ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    So that's the new standard? I disagree with two or three someone says so everything else he says is idiotic?

I used Fouts as a reference because, whether you agree or not, his comment speaks about what football 101 says to do in that situation, and ML didn't do it.
    I'll be glad to see ####ing Kirkpatrick gone after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    I'll be glad to see ####ing Kirkpatrick gone after this year.
    I can't remember who it was, but one of the local media personalities said it is important for the Bengals to re-sign Kirkpatrick because WJIII and Dennard are unproven and Jones is aging. Clueless!

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    I can't remember who it was, but one of the local media personalities said it is important for the Bengals to re-sign Kirkpatrick because WJIII and Dennard are unproven and Jones is aging. Clueless!
    Well Isn't Jones on a one year contract? Then you have Shaw who plays a lot. KeiVarae Russell was actually active today and made at least one tackle on special teams. So if you have WJIII, Shaw, Russell, and Dennard that only really leaves you with opening at CB on the roster next year, maybe two.