Thread: Hill vs. Burkhead

Hill vs. Burkhead

Anyone else see the difference in the 2 backs? One, dances around in the backfield and stumbles over his own feet 70% of the time and the other one gets the ball and hits the holes full speed... I've seen enough of Hill and would like to see more Rex..... Everything about that game yesterday made me want to puke....

Only problem with Burkhead, he sometimes out runs his blocks. That's why he gets 9-10 yard gains and not a bunch of 15-20 yard ones.

Said earlier in the year we have 3 good backs but we never used them correctly.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

When Hill puts his head down and grinds out yards, he's fantastic. However, he never does that. Dip-wad wants to break a 75-yd run. Stupid.

When you play the running back position, you hit the hole like Burkhead does. Why? You'll always get 3-4 yards. Think about this, if you get two 3-yd runs consistently on 1st and 2nd down, it'll always be 3rd 4th. SO manageable. Hill acts like he's got world-class speed and can break away from defenders. He would hit those 40-50-60 yd runs if he consistently got positive yardage than trying to dance looking for the home-run. He sucks. I wonder if we have the balls to pick the current LSU back whose been a phenom all of his life.

Sigh.....go re-read posts from the Gio draft. I wanted the Bengals to pick Bell. Really stupid, Gio has never done anything more than average here beyond fumbling against the Chargers in the playoffs and having two highlight reel plays versus Carolina and against Miami on Monday Night. Other than that, he's just a safety valve for Dalton.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    When Hill puts his head down and grinds out yards, he's fantastic. However, he never does that. Dip-wad wants to break a 75-yd run. Stupid.

When you play the running back position, you hit the hole like Burkhead does. Why? You'll always get 3-4 yards. Think about this, if you get two 3-yd runs consistently on 1st and 2nd down, it'll always be 3rd 4th. SO manageable. Hill acts like he's got world-class speed and can break away from defenders. He would hit those 40-50-60 yd runs if he consistently got positive yardage than trying to dance looking for the home-run. He sucks. I wonder if we have the balls to pick the current LSU back whose been a phenom all of his life.

Sigh.....go re-read posts from the Gio draft. I wanted the Bengals to pick Bell. Really stupid, Gio has never done anything more than average here beyond fumbling against the Chargers in the playoffs and having two highlight reel plays versus Carolina and against Miami on Monday Night. Other than that, he's just a safety valve for Dalton.
    Gio and Burkhead should be used like Danny Woodhead. But it doesn't happen as much as it should.

I don't believe it is the dance, it is the blocks. Hill goes to the line before the holes open up. Burkhead waits for the holes and shoots through them. Bell runs the same way as Burkhead. Waits for the hole and then shoots through.