Thread: Whitworth Wants to Be Back For 2017

Whitworth Wants to Be Back For 2017

PFT reports Whitworth wants to come back for 2017. He wants to be a LT and feels he is still good enough to play LT in the NFL, however he sounds like he would be willing to play LG next year with the Bengals if need be. Apparently he is practicing at LG this week because Boling is hurt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-next-season/

He will be offered an insulting contract, then the Bengals will watch the market determine his worth.

Seen this movie before.

Thing is, unless they feel they are back to square one, Whitworth is definitely a need for next year.

why is it they refuse to play rookies when there is a sub average person at his position cause they have to earn it, but when they have a player playing at probowl level it seems they have no problem letting a rookie/sub average player with so called potential take his job?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    why is it they refuse to play rookies when there is a sub average person at his position cause they have to earn it, but when they have a player playing at probowl level it seems they have no problem letting a rookie/sub average player with so called potential take his job?
    Because they are not as bright as they think they are.

Given the way Ogbuehi has developed it would be a huge risk to start him at LT next season. They should sign Whit for 1 year at a fair and high salary and also look to draft OL again with their top pick - can't have enough - and Boldine and Boling to me are questionable guys. if Ogbuehi can beat out Whit next year all the power to him.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

Given the way Ogbuehi has developed it would be a huge risk to start him at LT next season. They should sign Whit for 1 year at a fair and high salary and also look to draft OL again with their top pick - can't have enough - and Boldine and Boling to me are questionable guys. if Ogbuehi can beat out Whit next year all the power to him.
    I would draft a center and a guard. If Ogbuehi works out at LT, then great. Play Whit at LG and groom the rookie to take over when he retires. If Ogbuehi continues to suck, move Whit back to LT and play Boling or the rookie at LG.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    I would draft a center and a guard. If Ogbuehi works out at LT, then great. Play Whit at LG and groom the rookie to take over when he retires. If Ogbuehi continues to suck, move Whit back to LT and play Boling or the rookie at LG.
    i think we are forgeting that if he fails at LT we'll probally lose a QB or 2 before they will admit he sux.

I wouldn't write off Ogbuehi yet. It is only his second year. It often takes 3-4 years for linemen to develop proper technique.

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    I wouldn't write off Ogbuehi yet. It is only his second year. It often takes 3-4 years for linemen to develop proper technique.
    For sure but you also cannot throw him out there if he is not ready.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    He agrees to move to LG temporarily to allow Ogbuehi to play LT? Players get to say where and when they play? No wonder we never win a playoff game. I know he is a Pro Bowler but he is getting old. If Marvin allows players to dictate what they do then you know why young guys do not play. McCarron should play too.

Bob Holtzman of ESPN reports that Bengals veteran LT Andrew Whitworth agreed to temporarily move to left guard to allow the team to take a look at 2015 first-round pick Cedric Ogbuehi at left tackle.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    He agrees to move to LG temporarily to allow Ogbuehi to play LT? Players get to say where and when they play? No wonder we never win a playoff game. I know he is a Pro Bowler but he is getting old. If Marvin allows players to dictate what they do then you know why young guys do not play. McCarron should play too.

Bob Holtzman of ESPN reports that Bengals veteran LT Andrew Whitworth agreed to temporarily move to left guard to allow the team to take a look at 2015 first-round pick Cedric Ogbuehi at left tackle.
    Yeah because do you understand the pay cut from a LT to a LG in the NFL?

Is this a temporary move for the rest of this season or for next season?

Really? they ask if he will mind moving out of respect to a veteran leader that has done done this before for the team and also done nothing but perform at a top level and he says sure no problem ....
    so they get what they want by asking instead of ordering a person to do something. as a boss myself , i find this the best way show respect to a person that has done pretty much what ever has needed to be done, whenever i need something done for the crew, company or team.

of all the problems with ML and the organization . i dont see this as a problem.

Uh...what about me?

--Multi-year Signed Left Guard Clint Boling
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Uh...what about me?

--Multi-year Signed Left Guard Clint Boling
    They may move him to Center. He's been a whole bunch of meh this year at RG.
    Only users lose drugs

I also see where he is out this week. Hence the musical chairs.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

If Zeitler doesn't get resigned, Boling could get moved to RG? Or could Fisher play RG?

fisher is playing RT i think

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    Really? they ask if he will mind moving out of respect to a veteran leader that has done done this before for the team and also done nothing but perform at a top level and he says sure no problem ....
    so they get what they want by asking instead of ordering a person to do something. as a boss myself , i find this the best way show respect to a person that has done pretty much what ever has needed to be done, whenever i need something done for the crew, company or team.

of all the problems with ML and the organization . i dont see this as a problem.
    And if he said No? Then what? Lol U can't have players running the team. That is called favoritism. He gets paid to do what a HC and OL coach tells him to do. What if other Vets start asking for the same treatment? That is crazy talk and not how you run a successful business.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

And if he said No? Then what? Lol U can't have players running the team. That is called favoritism. He gets paid to do what a HC and OL coach tells him to do. What if other Vets start asking for the same treatment? That is crazy talk and not how you run a successful business.
    but he didnt and if he did he still played LG. and it is how you can run a successful business, respect is only one part of leading and retaining quality employees...
    sorry if you feel you need to be a tyrant or have to work for one, just cause your too scared to either show respect or stand up for your own doesnt mean everyone else has too be just like you.