Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Oh Yeah The Bengals Are Playing Today Game Thread

The Oh Yeah The Bengals Are Playing Today Game Thread

Enjoy.

And Merry Christmas to all.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

AJ Green's 1,000 yard streak will end this year... the Bengals are going to hold him out of the last 2 games. Seems kind of dumb to me, he has the entire offseason to get healthy.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    And Houston is starting a new QB who will shred our defense like rookie QBs always do.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    And Houston is starting a new QB who will shred our defense like rookie QBs always do.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
    Tom Savage isn't a rookie, but he is a guy that Blazer had a hard on for the Bengals to draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    AJ Green's 1,000 yard streak will end this year... the Bengals are going to hold him out of the last 2 games. Seems kind of dumb to me, he has the entire offseason to get healthy.
    No reason to risk further injury. Eifert was hurt in the ProBowl last year and still wasn't ready at the beginning of the season. If AJ isn't 100%, there is no reason to play him. The Bengals have nothing to play for anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    No reason to risk further injury. Eifert was hurt in the ProBowl last year and still wasn't ready at the beginning of the season. If AJ isn't 100%, there is no reason to play him. The Bengals have nothing to play for anyway.
    Say that to Green who probably has a bonus in his contract if he hits 1,000 yards for the year and he is like 36 yards short of that.

Hamstring unjuries can become chronic and with the weather much colder now there is a risk of a complete tear. Not worth the risk.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Matt Lengel just caught a TD pass from Brady, he was on our practice squad before the Pats plucked him.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Matt Lengel just caught a TD pass from Brady, he was on our practice squad before the Pats plucked him.
    Yep he's from Eastern Kentucky, where I'm finishing up my degree now.

AJ reportedly left Houston when he found out he wasn't going to play. Wonder if he was pissed that the team had him make the flight down there and then decided he couldn't play?

BTW, Cleveland finally won a game.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    AJ has a partially torn hamstring tendon that is still healing. That is why he is not playing.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    AJ has a partially torn hamstring tendon that is still healing. That is why he is not playing.
    Dr._Nick's_Walk-In_Clinic.jpg

I like how the Bengals medical staff finds things months later after the injury occurs. I wonder if Green will need surgery in June now.

If we win tonight with 3 of our best players not playing it speaks volumes of our effort so far this season.

Og needs to hit the weight room he is not strong enough to play LT.

Someone please explain to me why the Bengals didn't run up and spike the ball to get an extra play before half?

Someone please explain to me why the Bengals didn't run up and spike the ball to get an extra play before half?
    Yeah, the whole clock management at the end of the half was putrid.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

I guess they don't call holding anymore

I'm so tired of Dunlap and Michael Johnson covering TE's... seriously, that shit is horrible.

Looks like Houston made adjustments at the half. Did Cincy? We shall see.

Erickson has been a big upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    Looks like Houston made adjustments at the half. Did Cincy? We shall see.
    Their adjustment seems to have been hold Johnson, maybe Og doesn't have to get just stronger just hold better.

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Erickson has been a big upgrade
    They said earlier he was the #3 Kickoff returner in the NFL.

Ogbuehi sucks. No doubt about it. Bust galore. The fact that they even drafted him while he was recovering from injury makes it worse. The guy sucks...

Because it was 4th down?
    Only users lose drugs

Their adjustment seems to have been hold Johnson, maybe Og doesn't have to get just stronger just hold better.
    Or maybe not with regard to Og on that last play. He appears to be a wasted pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Because it was 4th down?
    No Lafell got a first down.

(0:00 - 2nd) END QUARTER 2
    2nd and 10 at HOU 25
    (0:05 - 2nd) R.Bullock 43 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-C.Harris, Holder-K.Huber
    1st and 10 at HOU 25
    (0:09 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass incomplete deep right to B.LaFell
    1st and 10 at HOU 36
    (0:31 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass short right to B.LaFell to HST 25 for 11 yards (J.Joseph)

I am a homer, so I ask was that helmet to helmet on Hunt and call on Adam?

If the Bengals DBs tackled as good as the Texans DBs, the Bengals defense would be a top 5 unit.
    Only users lose drugs

Because Marvin always lollygags at the end of the half. The Bengals never show a sense of urgency.

Atkins is getting held EVERY play.

So the fix is on
    I'm sorry but the interior linemen for the Bengals get held every play.

So the fix is on
    It does seem that they are really watching Adam Jones.

The o-line of the Bengals needs a complete overhaul.

Shawn Williams has killed this defense all year long
    Only users lose drugs

I'm sorry but the interior linemen for the Bengals get held every play.
    And two interference calls on Jones that were not even close. Free points for Houston

The Texans will be the worst playoff team this year.
    Only users lose drugs

The adjustments seem to be call the NFL - unbelievable all I want is a level field.

They have to upgrade Shawn Williams... Dansby... Maualuga... Ogbuehi.. Bodine... Peko...

I sure as hell hope Deroon smith starts next year, Nick Vigil gets better fast, and Billings can contribute.

Core seems to be outplaying Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    If the Bengals DBs tackled as good as the Texans DBs, the Bengals defense would be a top 5 unit.
    Yep. Our DBs suck at tackling.