Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bengals locked into 7th through 11th choice in the first round

What do you think about Reuben Foster, MLB from Alabama at that 9th pick?

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Walter Football site has a list of players visited by team. If i recall, there does seem to be a high correlation on the Bengals between visits and getting drafted. Just food for thought:

Rudy Ford, S, Auburn (SR)
    Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina (SR)
    Antonio Pipkin, QB, Tiffin (SR)
    I have had ECU season tickets for the last few years - the atmosphere is 100X better than a Wake Forest game. Zay Jones is a talented receiver that catches everything near him, has a knack to get open and get YAC. He is not a burner. If he slips to the 3 round I would grab him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What do you think about Reuben Foster, MLB from Alabama at that 9th pick?
    I have read a lot of nay-sayers as to this guy: not big enough, plays on pure speed and no instincts, is a concussion machine (his).

All I know is: he makes plays. I would choose him in a minute.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    I have read a lot of nay-sayers as to this guy: not big enough, plays on pure speed and no instincts, is a concussion machine (his).

All I know is: he makes plays. I would choose him in a minute.
    He sure looked impressive in the NC game

If we pass on Foster and he is still on the board, then we are stupid! Bengals don't value the LBer position, yet it was pretty evident last season that our suck. Foster would be a day 1 impact. Tired of watching Dansby and Rey "lope" behind receivers and backs down field.

Foster reminds me a lot of an old LBer from Texas A&M that played for the Colts in the NFL Named Quinton Quentin Coryatt.

The "hit" video was clearly targeting.

Duke Tobin Combine news conference, we need to see more of him:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...c-c315fe0750ed
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Duke Tobin Combine news conference, we need to see more of him:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...c-c315fe0750ed
    When he says things like:

1) We're looking for receivers who can catch in traffic and run after the catch
    2) We look at Tyler Boyd as a slot guy
    3) We like size at WR
    4) Edge rushers are tricky

It sure looks like Mike Williams at #9 if he's there

At least he answers questions without going in circles like the idiot Marvin.

This guy would not be a disappointment. Sort of AJ-like, though not as fast. Would be a Red Zone terror with his ability to fight and jump for the ball. May need that, with Eifert's inability to stay on the field.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

I'd rather have the kid from Western Michigan than Mike Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    I'd rather have the kid from Western Michigan than Mike Williams.
    I'd rather have OJ Howard than Mike Williams.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    I'd rather have OJ Howard than Mike Williams.
    You already have Eifert and two second year players behind him in Kroft and Uzahma. I like Howard, but there are too many needs on this team to draft him into a crowded position battle.

You already have Eifert and two second year players behind him in Kroft and Uzahma. I like Howard, but there are too many needs on this team to draft him into a crowded position battle.
    I don't really look at Howard as a TE though, I just see him as an oversized WR that would play all over the LOS and create mismatches against anybody you line him up against....he's just a huge weapon, period.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

I don't look at Howard as a TE though, I just see him as an oversized WR that would play all over the LOS and create mismatches against anybody you line him up against....he's just a huge weapon, period.
    Why not take a guy in Corey Davis who has proven his abilities for several years now and whom many scouts tout as having Terrell Owens type talent?

Why not take a guy in Corey Davis who has proven his abilities for several years now and whom many scouts tout as having Terrell Owens type talent?
    I just think Howard is the better player in all honesty.....like comparing a 4-star player to a 5-star.

regardless, I really don't think the Bengals are going to be taking a receiver of any sorts at 9.....I think they'll wait until the 2nd or 3rd round and find themselves a speedster like Zay Jones, DeDe Westbrook, John Ross, etc.

Love Zay Jones, I watched him play for 4 years, but, I never thought of him as speedster. I realize he has 4.4-5 speed, but, I don't remember him running away from defenders.

He would just catch everything near him and get YAK.

Don't know if the Bengals will be looking WR in the 2nd, but, if he is there in the 3rd - doubtful at this point - he would be a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Love Zay Jones, I watched him play for 4 years, but, I never thought of him as speedster. I realize he has 4.4-5 speed, but, I don't remember him running away from defenders.

He would just catch everything near him and get YAK.

Don't know if the Bengals will be looking WR in the 2nd, but, if he is there in the 3rd - doubtful at this point - he would be a steal.
    yeah he's probably not a burner in the class of Westbrook or Ross but he's still plenty fast enough to get the job done.....I like him a lot at 41 actually.

I don't really look at Howard as a TE though, I just see him as an oversized WR that would play all over the LOS and create mismatches against anybody you line him up against....he's just a huge weapon, period.
    True in theory but our OC does not even use all the weapons we have now correctly so I would have zero faith he could use this one as you noted.

And Rueben Foster just fu cked himself by getting sent home from the combine.

And Rueben Foster just fu cked himself by getting sent home from the combine.
    man, no shit

True in theory but our OC does not even use all the weapons we have now correctly so I would have zero faith he could use this one as you noted.
    I doubt that's the direction they're looking in anyhow

starting to hear he bombed the interviews as well and was getting confrontational with some coaches....roid rage?

either way, you can probably scratch him off the list at #9 after this fiasco.

starting to hear he bombed the interviews as well and was getting confrontational with some coaches....roid rage?

either way, you can probably scratch him off the list at #9 after this fiasco.
    ...and the guy you don't like, Kizer, supposedly blew all the NFL people out of the water with his interviews and intelligence.

...and the guy you don't like, Kizer, supposedly blew all the NFL people out of the water with his interviews and intelligence.
    that's GOOD! now get a couple more QB's up there in front of us.

and it's not just Kizer I don't like, I think they're all garbage......bad bad year to need a QB, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Love Zay Jones, I watched him play for 4 years...
    Zay Jones is having an outstanding combine, he's likely cemented himself as a r2 guy.....I'd have no problem whatsoever picking him at 41.