Thread: Have to make decision on burkhead

Have to make decision on burkhead

Gio is signed for three years at 15 million.

Jeremy Hill has one more year on his rookie contract

Ramblin' Rex Burkhead is at the end of his rookie contract.

Do they extend Burkhead to a nice contract, commensurate with a starting RB ?

In doing so, the handwriting will be on the wall for Hill.

Or do they let Rex go, since he is similar to Gio, and keep the Thunder and lightening combo of Gio and Hill.

If they give Rex a payday, the will still have all three next season.

Before Gio was hurt, I said that Rex has done nothing to lose his roster spot.
    Good pass blocking.
    Good receiving.
    Good running.

How does Hill rate at those three?

I'd dangle Hill as trade bait before the draft. I would have traded him after last season's finale.

Watching his reactions as Cincy PF'd their way to a Pittsburgh playoff game winning kick made me think how no one reacted that way when Hill fumbled away their chance of killing off the game. Get that child off of my favorite team.
    Only users lose drugs

I agree. I would keep Gio and Rex. Move Hill and sign a low-pay big RB, who can play teams and bulldoze his way for a yard or two

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    We will never know if this was a fluke game with him or not. Baltimore did not seem really interested in playing today. Plus, Mediocre Marv should've played him more when Hill was doing nothing. I noticed Burkhead ran the play as told but if no hole right off the bat, he waited or looked for another hole to hit. This is something Hill does not do. Hill reminds me of another Rudi Johnson. Nothing spectacular. I thought coming out of college we found us our true great RB, I was wrong. Too bad.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Rudi Johnson was one of the best RBs to ever play in Cincinnati

How long did Carson last when Rudi was no longer there to pick up the blitzer? Injured in the first game, played hurt and then gone for the season after 4 games.
    Only users lose drugs

That is not saying much, you might as well put KaJunk Carter or Harold Green in your sentence, even though I would say Rudi was better.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Who has the top two rushing seasons in Bengals history?
    Only users lose drugs

I understand what you are saying but that is not saying much outside from a Bengals fan. I forgot how many seasons he played in NFL and had to look it up, it was only 8 and his first two he really did not play much so I am not impressed. Jermey Hill and his stats are running down the same path. That is all I am saying and it is not great. Yea he had a couple of very good seasons other than that not so much. They are not a RB that would even be close to great.

He didn't play until Marvin got here. He was a 4th round pick and Dillon was a pro bowler. Rudi ran Dillon out of town.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Hobson perusing the boards again? He has been known for posting lines in his reports that almost mirror thread titles on the boards I've been on before.
    So lets steal some of his work
    From the sounds of those quotes, some of the team doesn't want Hill back.

Hobson perusing the boards again? He has been known for posting lines in his reports that almost mirror thread titles on the boards I've been on before.
    Since third-down back Giovani Bernard tore his ACL back on Nov. 20, Burkhead put together the six best yards-per-carry games by a Bengals running back since Jeremy Hill’s rookie year in 2014.While Burkhead averaged a no-frills-no-nonsense 4.7 yards per carry, Hill averaged 2.5 as he battled nagging injuries and decision-making. That was before Hill missed the first game of his career Sunday with a knee issue after a two-year struggle at 3.7 yards per carry juxtaposed with Burkhead racking up the Bengals’ first 100-yard game not against the Browns since the second game of the 2015 season.

Now it seems like they have to decide on Hill or Burkhead.<<<<----------Lima gets a taken in a case of Grand Theft Title!
    So lets steal some of his work
    His teammates certainly think there’s a spot for him. Take fullback Ryan Hewitt after Burkhead followed him for a five-yard touchdown run, his second of the day with 2:23 left in the game that made it 27-10.

“I know Rex. I know the way he thinks. He thinks like I think,” Hewitt said. “I have pretty good vision, so if that’s the only way I can get to the hole I’m pretty sure that’s the only way he’s going to be able to get to the hole, too. The front side was way too clogged for me to get my backer, so I went back side. I felt him, and it was good. He’s a damn good player. He showed that today. He’s reliable and tough and hits it up in there and does what he’s supposed to do. I like Rex as a teammate and person. He’s a good dude.”
    That quote and Rex's quote seem quite damning on Hill
    “I was about to bounce that one outside. I was thinking the same thing (Hewitt) was thinking in his mind,” Burkhead said. “ ‘No, just follow me Rex.’ That’s what I ended up doing. When you’ve got one of the best fullbacks in the league in front of you, good things happen.”
    And Whitworth gives the seal of Approval.
    “He proved today, man, he can run the football. I’d take him as a No. 1 any day of the week,” Whitworth said. “I don’t think there’s too many teams where he wouldn’t fit. He runs the ball well. He’s got great agility. He’s got eyes, he’s got it all. The whole team has wanted him to get his opportunity and see what he does. Especially the defensive players because they know what Rex used to do to them. He’s a talented kid.”
    He reminded me of a slightly slower Robert Smith.
    Only users lose drugs

Damn you, Lewdog. I deleted that post and you quoted me before I could re-post.

I is busted.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Damn you, Lewdog. I deleted that post and you quoted me before I could re-post.

I is busted.
    I'm quick on the draw, well that's what the ladies tell me.

I was stoned and hit submit instead of preview post and I went to go tend to my playlist for a minute or two. I came back and read through it, got to the bottom to add a few remarks and I realized that it was a post, not a preview. I edited the post real quick but I was away too long and it came back with that dunce notice "Last edited by Pre_hungover . . .".

No biggie . . . then noticed that in my haste, I had worded something wrong. I can't have an "edited 2 times" tag added to the dunce notice.

"Screw it. It's 2 am in Alaska. No one posts this early in Cincinnati. I'll just fix it, copy it, delete it and paste it in a new reply and no one will know at all."

And then Scooby Lew. comes marching in.

And I'd gotten away with it, too if it wasn't for those Metaling kids!

Only users lose drugs

The Bengals CAN afford all 3. No team will give Rex starters money but he will or could make very good money. We can afford all 3 and if the clapping clown wants to lean more towards the running game next year (again), he will need 3 backs.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.