Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Do You Care Who Wins Playoff Games Thread

The Do You Care Who Wins Playoff Games Thread

For me, it's yes/no. I don't really care who wins, so long as one of them is not the Stealers.

Sort of pulling for Houston. It would be neat to finally see a team play a SB in their own stadium.

Sort of pulling for Dallas in the NFC. I like when media-dubbed "bad coaches who should be fired" are doing well.

And I like Texas in general, so that's that.

Enjoy.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    For me, it's yes/no. I don't really care who wins, so long as one of them is not the Stealers.

Sort of pulling for Houston. It would be neat to finally see a team play a SB in their own stadium.

Sort of pulling for Dallas in the NFC. I like when media-dubbed "bad coaches who should be fired" are doing well.

And I like Texas in general, so that's that.

Enjoy.
    The Texans are a decidedly mediocre team. They'll be lucky to make it out of the first round. I don't see anyone beating the Patriots in the AFC. In the NFC, I'd say either Dallas or Green Bay. Like you, I don't really care who wins as long as it isn't the team upriver.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    I'd like to see the Raiders do well but with the Derek Carr injury, I'd say that's unlikely and unfortunate. Definitely NOT the Squeelers and not too fond of NE but that's who it will probably be.

Green Bay or the Giants in the NFC.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

dont like pats unless they play pit
    not a big chiefs fan not sure why . unless they're playing the stoolers
    miami? ugly neon blue unis not for me... well....unless they're playing the stoolers
    houston? nah ,unless they're playing the stoolers
    oakland ? cool uni colors but always think of the fan with spikes when i think them , but they did give us 2 1st rounders for Palmer..... definitely when they're playing the stoolers though.
    so pretty much guess i am in the who ever is playing stoolers corner.

I want the Pats to win so Goodell has to hand the trophy to Brady
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

I would not mind the Raiders. My nephew went to high school with Connor Cook, so that would be kinda cool.

Saturday
    4:45 EST ESPN
    Oakland @ Houston
    8:15 EST NBC
    Detroit @ Seattle

Sunday
    1:05 EST CBS
    Miami @ Pittsburgh
    4:40 EST Fox
    New York Giants @ Green Bay
    Only users lose drugs

Today:
    Raiders at Texans
    Lions at Seahawks

Tomorrow:
    Dolphins at THEM
    Giants at Packers
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Raiders at Texans - the battle of no QB's
    Lions at hawks - Stafford was really playing well until he hurt his finger, they have no chance unless he plays lights out

Fish at Them - Steelers have won 7 straight and Miami with a backup QB
    Giants at Packers - huge tilt

Typical Marvin Jones. Made a great catch on the sideline, dropped two passes. Texans, Seahawks and Steelers advance in predictably boring games. The only game with a hint of being a close game is about to start.

I'm taking the Packers.
    Only users lose drugs

I thought the Steelers chocked every playoff game? Or this that another AFC North team.....

Giants and Leon Hall Hail Mary fail at half..LOL

Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter was arrested on the south side of Pittsburgh on Sunday night.

A Pittsburgh police officer was summoned to a bar at approximately 9:30 p.m. ET due to "an unruly customer who was in the process of assaulting the doorman", who was later identified as Porter, according to a statement from the City of Pittsburgh Public Safety Department.

Porter was then arrested and charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest and public drunkenness. Porter is currently in the Allegheny County Jail.

The Steelers organization is aware of the incident.

"We are still gathering information as it pertains to the situation, and we will have no further comment until we get more details," Steelers director of communications Burt Lauten added Sunday night.

Porter was on the sidelines for the Steelers' 30-12 wild-card win over the Dolphins on Sunday afternoon.
    What a ####ing tool.
    Only users lose drugs

It's all good. Roger dodger will come to the conclusion that is was the doormans fault.

This first rd of games was the pits. Not a worthwhile game of the 4. All had the home team winning comfortably. I expect 3 of the 4 games this coming weekend to be decent. The exception being NE who will win easily vs Houston.

And Benny Boo-Boo has an air cast on his leg but is planning on playing Sunday, thus adding to his legacy of "playing through pain" and making a miraculous recovery.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    What a ####ing tool.
    No, the key word is: thug. Always was, and still is. Complete with posse.

No, the key word is: thug. Always was, and still is. Complete with posse.
    The biggest problem is the posse is the entire team, plus the commish!

Well,

Looks all is good in stealer land. I wonder how many calls roger and danny-bot made to the local DA.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/13...rges-were-drop

OK, late to this conversation, but agree - No Stealers.

Next? No Patriots.

Other than that, I don't have any significant concerns.

Today:

The Pack vs the Jerrys
    THEM vs the Chieftans

Yesterday's games were mildly interesting, although ended predictably.

Today's first game will also be predictable. On the 50th Anniversary of The AFL-NFL Championship Game (one I watched on a grainy color TV as a wee lad back then), the Jerrys will win although GB will keep it plucky.

The second one is dicey. I can only hope KC will overcome the certainty of an all-out blitzkrieg of calls/non-calls in favor of THEM. It has already started, in that Benny is miraculously cured and Thug Joey has been restored to the sidelines.

Today:

The Pack vs the Jerrys
    THEM vs the Chieftans

The second one is dicey. I can only hope KC will overcome the certainty of an all-out blitzkrieg of calls/non-calls in favor of THEM. It has already started, in that Benny is miraculously cured and Thug Joey has been restored to the sidelines.
    I told you Benny Boo-boo would recover miarculously.

Go Chiefs!

Have you noticed that during these playoffs, that the better coaches and better QBs, get in players' faces and chew them out when they make dumb or selfish mistakes?

I never see the Clapping Clown nor the Red Rifle do that....ever.

Have you noticed during these playoffs, certain game-changing bogus holding calls are made for the benefit of Favored Franchises?

The league is going to drive itself nuts in Foxboro next week, attempting to call/non-call that one.

A pox on this criminally corrupt farce of a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Have you noticed that during these playoffs, that the better coaches and better QBs, get in players' faces and chew them out when they make dumb or selfish mistakes?

I have also noticed that teams can win playoff games, I thought you could only lose them?

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post

I saw Dalton last season always telling Bodine he was garbage when his snaps sucked. But yeah, not so much this year. You see Matt Ryan huddle the Falcon's offense around him telling them to stop jawing with Seattle and to play their game. Belichick getting into a player's face for getting a stupid penalty......these teams have such urgency.

I'm just glad that our franchise's philosophies and coaching traits get proven out as the season comes to an end.

Atlanta proved that the addition of free agents has absolutely NO EFFECT on improving a team's chances of making the play-offs or going to the S.B. Mohammad Sanu, Jr. and Mack were nothing but a waste of good money in Atlanta.

Making half-time adjustments had NO EFFECT on the outcome of the Pats-Texans game. Belichick just let Houston hang around for a half to make it look good. He told Tommy to play left-handed the first two quarters. Changing the game plan to counter what the other team is doing is just BUNK! Plus, you'd have to know how to coach to be able to pull that off.

Speaking of that, did anyone see that the officiating grades for the season were handed out last wek? The most notable to us was that, oncwe again, our own Magical Marvin took the gold medal in the "call challenges" category. He, of course, was O-FER on ALL his challenges! He is the odds-on favorite to win this award next season, also. Got to love it, don't you?

Have you noticed during these playoffs, certain game-changing bogus holding calls are made for the benefit of Favored Franchises?

The league is going to drive itself nuts in Foxboro next week, attempting to call/non-call that one.

LOL at this post

And yet, you saw the same things with your own eyes.

Lol @ that.

Interesting info on Falcons:

When the Falcons had a run of success under then-coach Mike Smith early in quarterback Matt Ryan’s career, one of the knocks on the team was that they weren’t tough enough to navigate a path to a championship.

Falcons General Manager Thomas Dimitroff didn’t disagree with that critique and felt the team was “getting away from what we believed was at the very core a good football team.” They started to investigate ways to strengthen that part of the club before parting ways with Smith and came up with a grade for competitiveness and toughness to use as part of their player evaluations.

It’s something that has continued under coach Dan Quinn and Dimitroff says the team is focused on not selling themselves on players who didn’t score highly in those areas.

“We all can be swayed, and that has happened to us,” Dimitroff said to Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com. “Basically, we’re trying to limit the soft souls on our football team. We figured this was a way to do that. You can have players that come in that are really good, but if they don’t possess competitiveness and toughness, then we’re not playing the urgent type of football that we need to be playing. That’s where we were.”

A win on Sunday against the Packers would move the Falcons even further away from those teams that fell short when Smith was on the sideline and reinforce that the path they’ve chosen is the right one to lead to continued success on the field.

I didn't see any of the New England game but I did see the end of the Pittspuke game and much as I have to admit it, Harrison was held on that 2 point conversion. That just means I have to root for NE this weekend (God, I HATE that thought) and then root for whomever comes out of the NFC in the Super Bowl.

I do not doubt it was a hold. However, these curiously are called at game-changing moments to the benefit of Favored Franchises. One could pull out any number of plays during that game, where as bad or much worse holds by the visiting Favored Franchise were committed, but never called--and certainly not score or drive-killing situations.

There is a hockey adage: in the third period of games, swallow the whistle unless a truly egregious foul is committed. But the NHL is a legitimate league, not so the NFL.

I do not doubt it was a hold. However, these curiously are called at game-changing moments to the benefit of Favored Franchises. One could pull out any number of plays during that game, where as bad or much worse holds by the visiting Favored Franchise were committed, but never called--and certainly not score or drive-killing situations.

There is a hockey adage: in the third period of games, swallow the whistle unless a truly egregious foul is committed. But the NHL is a legitimate league, not so the NFL.

I watched the game. The guy basically tackled Harrison. If the ref hadn't made the call, it would have been a crime. Everyone in the world knows it was a hold.

Sorry, no conspired plot.

I guess it was holding, he did grab him by the neck. Was Harrison going to really get to Smith before he threw it? Probably not. In highly-contested championship or playoff games, the referees usually "let them play" which is strange that this call was made. Referees would rather not make the call then make a game-changing call and have them influence the game. I've coached and it seemed that referees were exceptionally lax when it came to more important games in fear of making the wrong call.

The interesting thing is that the Bengals get called out for being the instigators in their rival with the Steelers. Look at the misconduct and the extracurricular activities of the Steelers against KC. Steelers are just a dirty team.

If you really want a laugh, and I mean a gut buster, read on NFL.com the Pitts-puke Gazette article where they liken the Squealers as the "Rebel Alliance" to the Pats as the "Evil Empire".

That is such a delusional comparison, that I have to believe it took an entire team of Liberals to concoct it.

Steelers and their fans are the classic 'Can dish it out but can't take it' bunch. At least when the Raiders were the bad boys they also accepted the push back and did not whine about it. Steeler fans would LOVE to have Burfict on thier team. On their team he would be 'tough as nails', on another team is a 'thug'.

Quote Originally Posted by furnbuff View Post
    If you really want a laugh, and I mean a gut buster, read on NFL.com the Pitts-puke Gazette article where they liken the Squealers as the "Rebel Alliance" to the Pats as the "Evil Empire".

That is such a delusional comparison, that I have to believe it took an entire team of Liberals to concoct it.
    Prepare to be fully entertained with this one. The two most Favored Franchises in the entire NFL. There will be such a blitzkrieg of calls/non-calls, it will make your head spin.

Frankly, I do not know which way the league will go with this one. There are virtually equal amounts of money to be made on both. Maybe even a real football game will be allowed to be played? What am I saying...any game involving THEM, will be anything but a real game.

The NFC Championship will be the undercard of undercards. No one will know or care who wins, other than their fans. The league might get a few more bucks out of the world sort of knowing Aaron Rodgers, so maybe the slant goes the Pack way. But, like I said, it is the undercard, so this might actually be the most real game of the day. Even for the NFL.

According to Cowherd, HIS network is salivating over a Packer-Squealer match-up. The reasoning being that those two teams have the largest faithful following, by far, over all other NFL franchises. The Pats, apparently, don't have national appeal, only in the Northeast.

I would have thought that them Cowboys would have figured in that "most" faithful following thing.

Looking at the Top-10 merchandise sellers in the NFL: the Pack is #6 and THEY are #8. Curiously, #1 is Seattle. The Jerrys are #4. The Pats are #5.

The matchup he suggests would indeed be a money-maker. But they don't lose a dime on a Pack/Pats SB.

It will be a Falcons/Patriot SB