Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Do You Care Who Wins Playoff Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    I guess it was holding, he did grab him by the neck. Was Harrison going to really get to Smith before he threw it? Probably not. In highly-contested championship or playoff games, the referees usually "let them play" which is strange that this call was made. Referees would rather not make the call then make a game-changing call and have them influence the game. I've coached and it seemed that referees were exceptionally lax when it came to more important games in fear of making the wrong call.

The interesting thing is that the Bengals get called out for being the instigators in their rival with the Steelers. Look at the misconduct and the extracurricular activities of the Steelers against KC. Steelers are just a dirty team.
    The real interesting thing is there were a number of those holds (5 or 6, that were documented by Ludwick on Vines) that the Bengals experienced in the first Stealers game which resulted in no calls.

I guess that was really high contested championship game :-)

Sanu looking good for the Falcons
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Didn't realize I could hate the stealers more, but I blame them for me rooting for the Patriots tonight.

#vurp

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Prepare to be fully entertained with this one. The two most Favored Franchises in the entire NFL. There will be such a blitzkrieg of calls/non-calls, it will make your head spin.

Frankly, I do not know which way the league will go with this one. There are virtually equal amounts of money to be made on both. Maybe even a real football game will be allowed to be played? What am I saying...any game involving THEM, will be anything but a real game.
    if I were to hazard a guess, I'm guessing that Roger Goodell is not going to want to hand Tom Brady the Lombardi trophy in 2 weeks.

Just sayin'
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    if I were to hazard a guess, I'm guessing that Roger Goodell is not going to want to hand Tom Brady the Lombardi trophy in 2 weeks.

Just sayin'
    Won't happen, Falcons win Super Bowl

Interesting when the teams are allowed to play, the game is almost normal.

But it's not the 4th quarter yet, so never say never.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Now I really do not care who wins.

The only ones I wanted bounced, have been bounced.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Now I really do not care who wins.

The only ones I wanted bounced, have been bounced.
    Yep, that is the way I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    Won't happen, Falcons win Super Bowl
    I'll be rooting for the Falcons.

And I have to say it did not break my heart to see the Squeelers all dejected on the sideline.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

I could not even watch the Pats/Steelers game. i hate watching the Steelers. As for the SB, would be nice to see a team like the Falcons win but it would also be comical to see Goodell hand the trophy to Brady.

I wasn't going to see any of it, but I was out to dinner, and the game was on every TV (made sense, it was a BW-3).

The place was full of THOSE jerseys/gear-clad folks. I wore no team affiliated clothing. Got into a conversation with a THEM clad group at a table next to mine--concealing team identity and feigning no side one way or the other. As is normal with THOSE groups, not one of them was from or had ever been close to western PA...all just "lifetime fans" from watching THEM on TV. THEY were certain that the Bastards would win. As the game progressed, THEY were gettin more and more irritated (and drunk) with: first, the play-calling...second, the inability to stop Brady...and lastly (right on cue), the officiating. I remarked that, it appeared the referees were letting everyone play (much to my shock as well)...to which one of THEM stated "The league has it out for us...they always call BS crap". I wanted to fall out of my chair ROTFLMAO, but kept composed.

As the score mounted more and more against THEM, most of the crowd began to depart. I toasted a Pats fan (a real one--from Boston) for a job well done. A good day it was.

Great story. i said a few days ago that when a team loses the refs are always at fault or partially at fault. Regardless of the sport.

Most boring playoffs in history. Only the Cowboys/Packers game was worth anything. Still pissed at Rogers for the pass play. I so wanted Dallas and Zeke in the SB. Now, that is is down to the Pats and Falcons, I want Brady and company-- for several reasons. First, I want Brady to complete the F- - - You tour and want to see Goodell squirm when handing the Lombardi to Kraft. Second, I don't want Atlanta winning b/c that would be just one more franchise to have a SB besides us. Nothing against Falcon fans, but I want mine before you get yours-- LOL.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

I think NE wins the Super Bowl and likely pretty easily. Belichick will come up with something to thwart Atlanta's offense. Atlanta won't be playing in their Georgia Dome. NE defense>Atlanta's defense

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    Second, I don't want Atlanta winning b/c that would be just one more franchise to have a SB besides us. Nothing against Falcon fans, but I want mine before you get yours-- LOL.
    You sound like my hubby. That's how he determines who he roots for also.

Sorry but Falcons get theirs this year. I always thought that Ryan and Rogers were best two pure QB's in football but Ryan never had the team around him. This year he does. Shoot out but Falcons by 14.

Most boring playoffs in history. Only the Cowboys/Packers game was worth anything. Still pissed at Rogers for the pass play. I so wanted Dallas and Zeke in the SB. Now, that is is down to the Pats and Falcons, I want Brady and company-- for several reasons. First, I want Brady to complete the F- - - You tour and want to see Goodell squirm when handing the Lombardi to Kraft. Second, I don't want Atlanta winning b/c that would be just one more franchise to have a SB besides us. Nothing against Falcon fans, but I want mine before you get yours-- LOL.
    Didn't the dirty birds win their SB game with Dan Reeves?
    Dona eis Requiem

Nope-- Elway won his 2nd SB against the Falcons.

Thats right...
    Dona eis Requiem

Today: Super Bowl Whatever Roman Numeral It Is.

Another overhyped, glitzy, Hollywood, production. Just the way the NFL likes it. Buchoo billions to be made today..the annual NFL bacchanalian orgy of avarice. It is their pinnacle.

And maybe a football game will be actually played--which might be a good bet, as the league tends to keep the officiating to a minimum for this, their prize and glory.

And when the trophy is given to Bellicheat, Tommy, and drunken Bob Kraft...when the confetti falls and the dancing girls and kitchy bands stop playing...we can all give thanks that another year of the NFL Production and Barnum and Bailey Circus is over.

Spare yourself such terrible agony.....don't watch it.

And we all wish it was the Red Rifle, the clapping clown and bald headed tree sloth getting the trophy. But alas, that dream will remain just that.

Sorry but Falcons get theirs this year. I always thought that Ryan and Rogers were best two pure QB's in football but Ryan never had the team around him. This year he does. Shoot out but Falcons by 14.

I would love that, but the machine will prevail. Belichick is Vince Lombardi.

Even if the Falcons win, it is still 7 SB's for the Pats in Bellickick's time. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Spare yourself such terrible agony.....don't watch it.
    Why would you think it to be agony? The entire overblown spectacle doesn't register one emotion one way or the other.

When your heroes hoist the trophy, you will be giddy as a schoolgirl, but I will just be my disinterested self, glad another Circus year is concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    I would love that, but the machine will prevail. Belichick is Vince Lombardi.
    I think of Belichick more like Paul Brown. Quite and smart. I often wonder if Paul would have still been coaching if he would of had the Browns in the first 2 Super Bowls.

Yes Belichick is best coach in the NFL. But Atlanta has two very good coaches in Quinn and Shanahan. Again it will be Falcons by 14.

Sanu will catch a TD

Mad respect for Belichick / Brady.

The greatest coach / qb the game has ever seen.
    The Bengals have abused their fans so much over the years, they might as well hold an annual Punch Your Customers In the Face Day.

That actually was a good game. And, for once, devoid of NFL shenanigans. And, they still made their buchoo billions.

It's what can happen if they just let the teams play.

That actually was a good game. And, for once, devoid of NFL shenanigans. And, they still made their buchoo billions.

It's what can happen if they just let the teams play.
    For once it was about the game and not the commercials. Gaga did great half time show. Much better than last 6.

I think of Belichick more like Paul Brown. Quite and smart. I often wonder if Paul would have still been coaching if he would of had the Browns in the first 2 Super Bowls.

Yes Belichick is best coach in the NFL. But Atlanta has two very good coaches in Quinn and Shanahan. Again it will be Falcons by 14.

Yes, you could make that comparison to PB. Like Lombardi, they all three demand everything you got plus complete allegiance to the system. don't measure up - you're gone. Simple as that. Nothing like here in Cincinnati, where you can hang on to a job forever, coaches and players.

I don't think New England ever has to "dumb down" the playbook, like they admit that they do here from time to time.

And of course the Pats have a ton of salary space/ I am willing to bet they will not use a cent of it for the likes of Peko:

Ordinarily, you’d expect the worst teams to have a lot of salary cap space and the best teams to have very little salary cap space because the best teams have a lot of good players to pay. Heading into 2017, there’s one exception to that: The Super Bowl champion Patriots.

While nine of the 10 teams with the most cap space available in 2017 were teams that missed the playoffs, the 10th is the Patriots. Via Spotrac, the Patriots head into 2017 with $63 million in cap space, which is the sixth-most in the NFL. Only the Browns, 49ers, Buccaneers, Titans and Jaguars have more cap space than the Patriots.

That’s a testament to the way Bill Belichick has run the team since taking over in 2000: Belichick is always very careful not to overpay for players, and he doesn’t hesitate to let high-priced veteran players walk and replace them with inexpensive younger players.

The Patriots have to feel particularly good about where they stand compared to the rest of their division: The Dolphins have $29 million in cap space, the Bills have $27 million and the Jets are $7 million over the cap, meaning they’ll have to make some roster moves just to get under the cap before the start of the league year next month. The Patriots have a lot more room to improve their roster than the other teams in their division do.

New England is on top, and well-positioned to stay on top. No one should be surprised if a year from now, the Patriots are again celebrating a title.

I wanted Dallas, New England, or Green Bay to win the Super Bowl this year. Dallas would have six and tie Pittsburgh for most Super Bowl wins. New England or Green Bay would be at 5. So with New England with five, if they were to repeat, they would known as "Six Borough" and the Six-Burgh moniker would go away. Every Pittsburgh fan I know, after any loss says "We got six! How many do you have?" to just about anybody.

Just do what I do, remind them that the Super Bowl is just another name for the NFL Championship, Green Bay has 13, NYG have 9. They cannot erase 40 years of history just because it does not fit into their argument.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
    Just do what I do, remind them that the Super Bowl is just another name for the NFL Championship, Green Bay has 13, NYG have 9. They cannot erase 40 years of history just because it does not fit into their argument.
    Well said.

Well said.
    Thanks

I had to come up with something to keep all my in-laws quiet.

And the Bears have 10 NFL Championships. They also have the most people enshrined in the HOF. They also have the most regular season and overall wins than any other franchise.

I always ask them to go back before 1972 and see where they were for the previous 40 seasons.

That kind of takes away the fun of telling Browns fans they've never made it to a Super Bowl

Former Bengal draft pick Marquand Manual is taking over as Defensive Coordinator for the Falcons...

Before certain people start with the "Falcons-Made-It-To-The-Super-Bowl-But-Won't-Accept-Mediocrity" chant:

Quinn took over defensive play-calling mid-season. The figurehead who remained on the sideline had one foot out the door at that point.