Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breaking Report: Adam Jones Arrested for Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post

On the other hand, when I watched the actual video it was much, much less drastic than CincyJungle made it seem.
    then you apparently only saw part of the video.....you must have missed the part where Jones was screaming profanities at him the entire time the guy was walking out of the locker room.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    I have had public interviews with tough questions on business. You have to keep your cool. Period. Accept the question and deflect it. Jones is a hothead and shown zero ability to be able to control it. I actually went to a full day course on media interviewing, very interesting how one can easily learn to turn questions around to another topic.
    Everybody wants to talk how to turn questions around to another topic, but nobody wants to talk about hamsters. I mean, have you seen these things? Way better pets than cats or dogs. You don't have to take them for a walk, they don't eat much, they are easy to clean up after. And if it dies, who cares? It's a hamster. Get another one.

If Jones can't handle a simple question, then how you going to expect him to react to an opponent like the Steelers talking sh it on the field??? It just goes to show that he was part of the reason for the playoff loss when he went off on Joey Porter. I've defended Jones so much, but at this point it is just time to cut bait and go. He's become a cancer to the locke room and will be a bad influence on the younger guys of the DBs.

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    lol that's the dumbest shit I've ever seen, players don't get to dictate what questions they get asked by reporters....man the #### up, own it and answer the god damned questions....it's part of the responsibility that comes along with being a professional athlete.

and the questions were legit, the reporter had EVERY right to ask him about it.
    and jones had the right to tell him to leave. both were petty and both could have handled it better, ( jones after the question, then the reporter making such a big deal afterwards)

Then they should just do a Steve Carlton, and refuse to speak to the press at all.

Then, get pissed on for doing that.

Like I said, if a player--not just Adam either--is going to be damned do/damned don't...then just go all Hal McRae or Brett Myers and at least make a good YouTube video out of it.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    I have had public interviews with tough questions on business. You have to keep your cool. Period. Accept the question and deflect it. Jones is a hothead and shown zero ability to be able to control it. I actually went to a full day course on media interviewing, very interesting how one can easily learn to turn questions around to another topic.
    I am familiar with that course--I took the same one (or one like it) a few years back. I agree, once you recognize the media tactics, you can deflect or change course relatively easily.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post

Like I said, if a player--not just Adam either--is going to be damned do/damned don't...then just go all Hal McRae or Brett Myers and at least make a good YouTube video out of it.
    jebus cripes, so what??

these guys are getting paid millions of dollars to be PRO's....f'ng act like one!
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Then they should just do a Steve Carlton, and refuse to speak to the press at all.

Then, get pissed on for doing that.
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined."

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined."
    Haha. That was classic.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    jebus cripes, so what??

these guys are getting paid millions of dollars to be PRO's....f'ng act like one!

Agree. Jones has never been a team player, just a good talent. He reacts on his impulses....the team be-damned.

But Mikey Boy thinks he's a reformed family man. lol At least that is his reoccurring excuse for keeping him.

Thank you for your diagnosis, Doctor. Do you concur?