Thread: Breaking Report: Adam Jones Arrested for Assault

Breaking Report: Adam Jones Arrested for Assault

Wasn't Jones on a one year contract? This sue isn't going to do him much good for getting paid and signed for next year.

700WLW Cincinnati ‏@700wlw 28m28 minutes ago
    #BREAKING Bengals Cornerback Adam Jones arrested and facing multiple charges including assault.
    2 replies 10 retweets 3 likes
    Reply 2 Retweet 10
    Like 3
    More

Adam Jones arrested on multiple charges

Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2017, 7:30 AM EST
    HOUSTON, TX - DECEMBER 24: Adam Jones #24 of the Cincinnati Bengals walks on the field before the game against the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium on December 24, 2016 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images)
    Getty Images
    The calendar says 2017, but Pacman Jones is apparently partying like it’s 2007.

Via Paul Dehner Jr. of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the veteran Bengals cornerback has been arrested on multiple charges.

The initial counts were obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, and assault. All are misdemeanors. Per Dehner, Jones has since been charged with felony harassment with a bodily substance.

In 18 years of practicing law, I never came across a case of felony harassment with a bodily substance. My guess would be that Jones spit/spat/whatever on someone.

Suspended for the 2007 season after a rash of run-ins with the law, Jones had managed to stay out of trouble since 2013, and he had been properly praised for turning his life around. As he gets closer to the end of his football career, it’s hard not to wonder whether this latest off-field entanglement will cause the Bengals to move on from Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tiple-charges/

Well according to Cincinnati.com he signed a 3 year deal going into this year, I thought he signed a one year deal. Will Marvin cut him? Will he get suspended even though it's been so long since his last arrest?

As in any criminal matter, let the facts come out prior to pronouncing judgment.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    As in any criminal matter, let the facts come out prior to pronouncing judgment.
    True but part of this is once again putting oneself in bad situations.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Not rushing to judgement here, but he sure does seem to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time alot.......

In his rant after Sunday's game, he got on the media and fans for wanting to get rid of Lewis. He praised Lewis for turning his life around and being a father to him. I think Daddy needs to take him out behind the woodshed...

Quote Originally Posted by sandwedge View Post
    Not rushing to judgement here, but he sure does seem to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time alot.......
    NFL.com says he was arrested just before 1AM . . . that's improving since his previous two arrests happened around 3AM. Or it could just be a sign of getting older as we tend to jump into "get off my lawn" mode quicker as we age.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    NFL.com says he was arrested just before 1AM . . . that's improving since his previous two arrests happened around 3AM. Or it could just be a sign of getting older as we tend to jump into "get off my lawn" mode quicker as we age.
    Well we also tend to start drinking at the club at 9 pm and leaving at 1 am instead of arriving at 11 PM and leaving at last call.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwedge View Post
    In his rant after Sunday's game, he got on the media and fans for wanting to get rid of Lewis. He praised Lewis for turning his life around and being a father to him. I think Daddy needs to take him out behind the woodshed...
    That is nice that Lewis helped him turn around but that has nothing to do with his competence as HC

wait for full story to come out cops most times write out as many charges they can think of to justify an arrest and then let the DA pair it down to what has a chance to stick. or use the mass of charges to get a plea on 1 lesser charge. that said jones shows his immaturity again by either placing himself in a questionable area or allowed his emotions to not allow him to use his head and avoid a confrontation that could of been avoided escalating to this level. that said he also could be innocent,

Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones unleashed profane tirade on the Cincinnati police officer who arrested him on charges of obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, and assault three weeks ago.

Video from the officer’s car, obtained by TMZ, show Jones repeatedly calling the officer “a b–tch a– ni—-” and seeming to try to intimidate the officer.

“I hope you die tomorrow,” Jones said. “You’re gonna be out of a job tomorrow.”

The officer is not out of a job, but Jones might be soon. The arrest in and of itself was a strike against Jones, who has a significant history of off-field trouble. But when a player’s bad act is caught on video, it makes it much harder for a team to ignore.

There’s also the reality that Jones will turn 34 this year and has a $6.3 million base salary that the Bengals can clear off their books by cutting him. Although Jones started all 16 games in 2016, the Bengals may want to cut him purely for reasons related to age and the salary cap.

So regardless of how the legal case against Jones plays out, it wouldn’t be surprising if he has played his last game in Cincinnati. The Cincinnati Police Department probably wouldn’t mind that.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones unleashed profane tirade on the Cincinnati police officer who arrested him on charges of obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, and assault three weeks ago.

Video from the officer’s car, obtained by TMZ, show Jones repeatedly calling the officer “a b–tch a– ni—-” and seeming to try to intimidate the officer.

“I hope you die tomorrow,” Jones said. “You’re gonna be out of a job tomorrow.”

The officer is not out of a job, but Jones might be soon. The arrest in and of itself was a strike against Jones, who has a significant history of off-field trouble. But when a player’s bad act is caught on video, it makes it much harder for a team to ignore.

There’s also the reality that Jones will turn 34 this year and has a $6.3 million base salary that the Bengals can clear off their books by cutting him. Although Jones started all 16 games in 2016, the Bengals may want to cut him purely for reasons related to age and the salary cap.

So regardless of how the legal case against Jones plays out, it wouldn’t be surprising if he has played his last game in Cincinnati. The Cincinnati Police Department probably wouldn’t mind that.
    If cutting Jones helps them sign Kirkpatrick to a long term deal, I can see it happening.

Time to cut Jones-- not only for his stupidity off the field but also his stupidity on the field and the fact he regressed last year. He's a 1/2 step slower, gets beat too often, and gets too many penalties.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    Time to cut Jones-- not only for his stupidity off the field but also his stupidity on the field and the fact he regressed last year. He's a 1/2 step slower, gets beat too often, and gets too many penalties.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post

Yes. time for him to go. They keep guys around way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Yes. time for him to go. They keep guys around way too long.
    The last time he ever made a play was against the Falcons in 2009 or something. We overpaid him and could have used that money to extend Zeitler or someone else. When you draft 1st round cornerbacks, you play them ASAP. Not sit them on the shelf until they are ready. 1st round = ready to play now or else they are not worthy of a 1st round pick.

Regardless of his contract we have always had cap space/room to sign players we wanted to on the roster. We have never really had to make 'choices' other than situations like MJ where Tampa simply overpaid him. Having said that, we overpaid for Rey M and Peko.

Cut him so we have room to sign Peko.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    You can't be serious. Time to part ways with Peko as well. Too old. Maybe hire him as a coach, but he's not worth the roster space or the cash. Billings will fit in nicely.

As an aside, I think it is time to re-tool the defensive scheme. I'm not talking radical changes but more in terms of being less predictable and getting better athletes on the field. I'd like to see the Bengals go to a wide-9 four man front to create more space for Geno on the inside while sliding Burfict more to an interior LB position for penetration and blitzing type role. Burfict is the smartest guy on defense who has raw football instinct. I want him more in the face of opposing offenses at the point of attack. I'd also like to see Shaw on the field more in terms of a hybrid player on defense. I'm excited to see what Jackson can do. I really want the old farts on defense to be cut-- Peko, Rey M, Jones and Vinnie Rey. We need to get younger and more athletic.

Lol. Who do we cut to make room for ReyM when the time comes? Zeitler maybe?
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    Lol. Who do we cut to make room for ReyM when the time comes? Zeitler maybe?
    No you need to cut defense. Maybe Atkins.

Regardless of his contract we have always had cap space/room to sign players we wanted to on the roster. We have never really had to make 'choices' other than situations like MJ where Tampa simply overpaid him. Having said that, we overpaid for Rey M and Peko.
    That's not true this year because of the Bengals having two first round picks to resign, Whitworth as a free agent, and the other free agents coming up next year.

I could watch that video over and over! I love watching D-bags self destruct!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    That's not true this year because of the Bengals having two first round picks to resign, Whitworth as a free agent, and the other free agents coming up next year.
    There is always room on our cap. You sound like Mikey and Hobs, always looking at 'the guys we have to sign in the next few years", forgetting the guys we will not re-sign or cut. Rey M at $5M is ridiculous, Peko, MJ over paid as well.

As for Ralph's comments, i think our team in general under ML get far too caught up on developing 'a system and sticking to it'. All part of the lack of halftime adjustments as well. The team needs to be far more active and pro-active in scheme management.

There is always room on our cap. You sound like Mikey and Hobs, always looking at 'the guys we have to sign in the next few years", forgetting the guys we will not re-sign or cut. Rey M at $5M is ridiculous, Peko, MJ over paid as well.

As for Ralph's comments, i think our team in general under ML get far too caught up on developing 'a system and sticking to it'. All part of the lack of halftime adjustments as well. The team needs to be far more active and pro-active in scheme management.
    The Bengals run their system differently in the fact they don't sign guys with the potential for "dead money." In their system YOU HAVE to look at who is going to be a free agent the next year so you know how much money you need to carry over.

The Bengals will not have enough cap space to Keep Rey M., Adam Jones, resign Dansby, Resign Kirkpatrick, resign Zeitler, resign Whitworth, resign Burkhead, resign Lafell, and bring anyone new into the fold other than rookies. They have to decide on Bodine after next year and Jeremy Hill

The Bengals run their system differently in the fact they don't sign guys with the potential for "dead money." In their system YOU HAVE to look at who is going to be a free agent the next year so you know how much money you need to carry over.

The Bengals will not have enough cap space to Keep Rey M., Adam Jones, resign Dansby, Resign Kirkpatrick, resign Zeitler, resign Whitworth, resign Burkhead, resign Lafell, and bring anyone new into the fold other than rookies. They have to decide on Bodine after next year and Jeremy Hill
    I agree but my point was they should cut Rey M, cut Jones and not re-sign Dansby or Peko. The Bengals are good at staying under the cap and avoiding the dead money game but not so good at cutting their losses with poor signings. Peko should have been cut last year and Rey M should never have been re-signed.

cut ReyM pick either Jones or Kirk . resign Zeitler and Whit ( combined with Fisher you might make up for lack of consistancy in the other 2) resign Burk if he can be reasonable but let go if he wants to cash in ( not saying he doesnt no deserve it) lafell finally showed up last few games so only if team friendly terms can be agreed to. as far as Bodine thats next yearhasnt earned worring over losing him yet. and Hill if burkhead stays then let him earn it too. i like hill and hope he earns a big payday this coming year, but we cant keep evryone it might need to be somewhere else, sadly cant afford a high dollar RB at the expense of cost cutting the OL. and would rather have whit or Zeitler over Hill.

No you need to cut defense. Maybe Atkins.
    Of course! What was i thinking?
    Dona eis Requiem

I agree but my point was they should cut Rey M, cut Jones and not re-sign Dansby or Peko. The Bengals are good at staying under the cap and avoiding the dead money game but not so good at cutting their losses with poor signings. Peko should have been cut last year and Rey M should never have been re-signed.
    Youve got to be kidding me. Rey M and Peko are the keys to our defense and should never ever be cut. That you can't see this is proof that you don't know what you are looking at, and you ought to leave the football decisions to the football guys.
    Furthermore, please stick to cheering or clapping during the games. Might i suggest clapping, focusing on the HC during the game and doing your best to clap In Unison with him.
    Dona eis Requiem