Thread: Washington fires entire defensive coaches.

Washington fires entire defensive coaches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-staff/amp/

Not a big fan of Jay, but at least he doesn't just stand pat.

I like how he talks at press conferences as if he's unaware there's a mic in front of him. He shredded RGIII and other players. Way more entertaining than Marvin.
    Only users lose drugs

Yep there is that. But to be honest, paint drying is more entertaining than Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
    Yep there is that. But to be honest, paint drying is more entertaining than Marv.
    Yeah, you got me there. I tuned out at his third or fourth press conference. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Yeah, you got me there. I tuned out at his third or fourth press conference. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.
    Same Ole, Same Ole. That is Marvin speech.

And now comes word that Guenther wants to go to Washington as DC, but that management blocked his move. The question is, what does he know that would make him make a lateral move? And same with our DL and LB coaches last year - lateral moves.

Here's my guess, and it worries me. At the bye week Guenther wanted to shake things up, bench established vets and such. And Marvin said well, maybe he shouldn't have spoken so fast. And other than the fact that Maualuga played much less, nothing much changed that I could see (though the defense did in fact get better). So perhaps the coaches sense that Marvin has lost his edge and is too cozy with veterans. Or that he doesn't want to vary from the roster/depth chart as he assembled it. I mean why we would continue playing Peko is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    And now comes word that Guenther wants to go to Washington as DC, but that management blocked his move. The question is, what does he know that would make him make a lateral move? And same with our DL and LB coaches last year - lateral moves.

Here's my guess, and it worries me. At the bye week Guenther wanted to shake things up, bench established vets and such. And Marvin said well, maybe he shouldn't have spoken so fast. And other than the fact that Maualuga played much less, nothing much changed that I could see (though the defense did in fact get better). So perhaps the coaches sense that Marvin has lost his edge and is too cozy with veterans. Or that he doesn't want to vary from the roster/depth chart as he assembled it. I mean why we would continue playing Peko is beyond me.
    Zimmer and Hue are really the only two coaches we have ever had that Marvin left alone. Guenther, we were told, was a very aggressive coach when Zimmer left, loved blitzing etc. Well, no such thing when ML has a say. It has been obvious for a while that ML is the one holding this team back, not Mikey.

The other point is - why have a coach on staff that wants to leave? If he was willing to go for a lateral move, you are correct, there are issues.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Now that Ray Horton got fired in Cleveland, do you think the Bengals should let Guenther go to Washington and bring back Horton?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Now that Ray Horton got fired in Cleveland, do you think the Bengals should let Guenther go to Washington and bring back Horton?
    Wouldn't that necessitate a switch to a 3-4, in which a guy like Geno Atkins has no real position? Not to mention Dunlap and several others. Besides, I don't really have a beef with Guenther as a DC. I think we just a little old and slow on defense.

no hortons defense sucked here too i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    no hortons defense sucked here too i believe
    Horton wasn't a DC here was he? He was a DB coach that was so good for different teams that he eventually got a DC job.

lol maybe not , he might of been dbs , it was who was before chuck whoever. correction i was thinking of Frazier. sorry .

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    lol maybe not , he might of been dbs , it was who was before chuck whoever. correction i was thinking of Frazier. sorry .
    Chuck Bresnahan.

As for Ray Horton, just say no. He's been fired 2X by Cleveland and was demoted in Tennessee when they brought in Dick Lebeau. In Cleveland's 15 losses this year, they gave up at least 23 points each game and are 3rd worst in the league in scoring defense this year.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer