Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    oh you have access to teams draft boards do ya?
    That's my opinion and also the opinion of many other sources out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    That's my opinion and also the opinion of many other sources out there.
    just like there are also many other opinions out there that he's among to top 12 players in the draft, so...

what each team thinks is all that matters.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

just like there are also many other opinions out there that he's among to top 12 players in the draft, so...

what each team thinks is all that matters.
    Ok, then we should just all shut up with our opinions until the draft because it doesn't matter? Got it. /thread

SuperCat shut down all draft threads until after the draft please. Thanks.

Seriously... I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's how you sound right now.

The kid just doesn't seem to have the power running ability and body build to absorb NFL punishment to play enough downs in the NFL to be worthy of a top 20 pick. NFL teams can get a guy that can do the exact same things as him in rounds 2 or later. He is a white version of Gio. In fact McCaffarey is leaner than Gio because he is 2 inches taller and about the same weight... which means he doesn't have as good a leverage as Gio and a higher center of gravity. He also runs too upright to me for a guy that doesn't have the power to truck a defender.

So there, that's my reasoning for him not being worth a top 10 pick.

wow settle down there Sally....my only point was that for every detractor you can find, I can just as easily find praise going in the other direction.

like I said, I have no idea if he ends up here but if they're looking for the top playmaker available with the #9 pick, then McCaffrey absolutely needs to be in the conversation considering he's one of the top playmakers in the history of college football.

plus the kid just strikes me as the type that's heard the "too small" thing his whole life and then just laughs at all of it as he's running by everyone on his way to the record books......I've never seen anyone ever square the kid up for a big hit and I've seen a ton of him, his size doesn't scare me in the slightest.

Had they just signed Rex and let Hill play out the year we would have 3 solid RB's we could rotate. Problem with looking for a top playmaker on the offensive side is I don't trust the OC to utilize their talents. They kept Rex in the background when clearly he had tools we could have used. Even on D we could get a rush DE but ML will tie Guenther's hands on want to play MJ. As long as ML is the HC we are better off to pick 'safe' picks.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    They kept Rex in the background when clearly he had tools we could have used.
    so did Hue....so did Gruden...

everybody in the NFL has talent, all they need is an opportunity....hell I remember Peerman getting a rare start once and putting up over 100 yards.

that being said, guys like Ross, Fournette, McCaffrey and Cook are on a completely different level as far as playmaking ability compared to anyone we have on that side of the ball right now not named AJ Green or Tyler Eifert.

breakaway speed and playmaking ability....they're desperate for that at 9 IMO, and only a handful of guys fit the mold.

I'd like Thomas or Fournette, and be satisfied with Howard or Allen. I'd be excited about Ross but I doubt we'd take another WR this year, in the first, with such need at DE and LB. I think a 1st round WR could take some pressure off our OL, and especially a speedster like Ross because you have to be concerned that either he or Green would get open and either has a great shot at taking it all the way every time they touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
    I'd be excited about Ross but I doubt we'd take another WR this year, in the first, with such need at DE....
    Just FYI, DL/edge and CB are by far the deepest positions in this draft, there will be starters at those spots drafted well into the 3rd round......burners with game-breaking ability at multiple spots though, those guys are gonna be tough to come by after the first 15-20 picks or so.

If not Ross, it'll be McCaffrey or Cook, IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    Despite the coaching staff, Dalton improves every year. Therefore, I think he needs to stay. The Bengals need to keep looking for a better QB in lower rounds, b/c it could lead to A) a better starter or B) what we have now, a very capable backup who is worth something.

The GM/Coaching staff is the problem with this team, not Dalton.
    Root cause analysis would say the issue is the owner..lol

I do not disagree that Dalton should stay until the find a better player. I would, however, look more in rounds 2-4 for a QB to compete - we have seen the likes of Carr and Garrapollo in that round and those guys have potential to be better.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Just FYI, DL/edge and CB are by far the deepest positions in this draft, there will be starters at those spots drafted well into the 3rd round......burners with game-breaking ability at multiple spots though, those guys are gonna be tough to come by after the first 15-20 picks or so.

If not Ross, it'll be McCaffrey or Cook, IMO..
    How fragile is Ross ?

How fragile is Ross ?
    can't answer that......everything I've read though, teams seem to be pretty happy with his medicals.

How fragile is Ross ?
    Mayock: John Ross off some draft boards due to injuries

By Chase Goodbread
    College Football 24/7 writer
    Published: April 21, 2017

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ue-to-injuries