Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    Your very comment is why feminists are right.
    no truer words
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Hmm this reminds me of the time when Ralph made a comment like "The bitch probably had it coming..." I think it was the time Adam Jones got into it and hit a woman in the face that asked for his autograph at the bar.

And yet, the very people--not necessarily here--who would condemn Ralph of misogyny, are known to describe girls half their age of being too heavy/stupid/promiscuous/etc.

He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Now, how about going back to talking about the next overpaid entertainers en route?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Hmm this reminds me of the time when Ralph made a comment like "The bitch probably had it coming..." I think it was the time Adam Jones got into it and hit a woman in the face that asked for his autograph at the bar.
    Everybody is against punching women in the face. Some folks don't want that kind of player and some don't care if he can play. If you're in the latter category it doesn't mean you condone what he did. It just means you're worried about winning football games and not running a big brothers program. Honestly I can see both sides of this. I'd like the best of all worlds and win the division every year with 53 Andrew Whitworths but I'd trade for a guy like Mixon for Jeremy Hill if it meant that he didn't fumble vs Pittsburgh and we win that game. Professional football's all about winning

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Everybody is against punching women in the face. Some folks don't want that kind of player and some don't care if he can play. If you're in the latter category it doesn't mean you condone what he did. It just means you're worried about winning football games and not running a big brothers program. Honestly I can see both sides of this. I'd like the best of all worlds and win the division every year with 53 Andrew Whitworths but I'd trade for a guy like Mixon for Jeremy Hill if it meant that he didn't fumble vs Pittsburgh and we win that game. Professional football's all about winning
    How did you get that out of my post? He literally condoned Jones actions by saying, "The bitch probably had it coming." It's called victim blaming, and it had nothing to do with saying it was ok as long as he is a good football player.

Enough please...back to subject of thread. Take it to PM or political forum if the argument means that much to you.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Wow
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    #1 italian...OJ Howard is a much better overall player...if you really want a playmaker on offense to go with AJ and Eifert, Howard is the guy Bengal fans should really be focusing on....6'6 250lb legit deep threats don't come around too often.
    According to the rags in my area Howard will not get past the Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    good chance.....I've heard they really like Christian McCaffrey as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Enough please...back to subject of thread. Take it to PM or political forum if the argument means that much to you.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    They just resigned Jonathon Stewart.

Here's what I've come to realize over the years about reports like this, which comes from a Tony Pauline tweet. Pauline doesn't know anything, and neither does anybody else. Like any business, they need to generate traffic. And the statement that we're seriously considering Mixon in round 2 is broad enough to maintain his plausible deniability even if we don't draft Mixon. We brought him in, so obviously we haven't taken him off our board. It's known that we need a RB. Of course we're considering him, as we are all the other RBs, and as other RB needy teams are. But is there any real meat on this rumor? Does Pauline have a guy on the inside of our organization leaking him info? I doubt it. Just a safe assumption masquerading as a "rumor."

That's the way these squawking heads roll.