Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    Your very comment is why feminists are right.
    no truer words
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Hmm this reminds me of the time when Ralph made a comment like "The bitch probably had it coming..." I think it was the time Adam Jones got into it and hit a woman in the face that asked for his autograph at the bar.

And yet, the very people--not necessarily here--who would condemn Ralph of misogyny, are known to describe girls half their age of being too heavy/stupid/promiscuous/etc.

He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Now, how about going back to talking about the next overpaid entertainers en route?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Hmm this reminds me of the time when Ralph made a comment like "The bitch probably had it coming..." I think it was the time Adam Jones got into it and hit a woman in the face that asked for his autograph at the bar.
    Everybody is against punching women in the face. Some folks don't want that kind of player and some don't care if he can play. If you're in the latter category it doesn't mean you condone what he did. It just means you're worried about winning football games and not running a big brothers program. Honestly I can see both sides of this. I'd like the best of all worlds and win the division every year with 53 Andrew Whitworths but I'd trade for a guy like Mixon for Jeremy Hill if it meant that he didn't fumble vs Pittsburgh and we win that game. Professional football's all about winning

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Everybody is against punching women in the face. Some folks don't want that kind of player and some don't care if he can play. If you're in the latter category it doesn't mean you condone what he did. It just means you're worried about winning football games and not running a big brothers program. Honestly I can see both sides of this. I'd like the best of all worlds and win the division every year with 53 Andrew Whitworths but I'd trade for a guy like Mixon for Jeremy Hill if it meant that he didn't fumble vs Pittsburgh and we win that game. Professional football's all about winning
    How did you get that out of my post? He literally condoned Jones actions by saying, "The bitch probably had it coming." It's called victim blaming, and it had nothing to do with saying it was ok as long as he is a good football player.

Enough please...back to subject of thread. Take it to PM or political forum if the argument means that much to you.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Wow
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    #1 italian...OJ Howard is a much better overall player...if you really want a playmaker on offense to go with AJ and Eifert, Howard is the guy Bengal fans should really be focusing on....6'6 250lb legit deep threats don't come around too often.
    According to the rags in my area Howard will not get past the Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    good chance.....I've heard they really like Christian McCaffrey as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Enough please...back to subject of thread. Take it to PM or political forum if the argument means that much to you.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    They just resigned Jonathon Stewart.

Here's what I've come to realize over the years about reports like this, which comes from a Tony Pauline tweet. Pauline doesn't know anything, and neither does anybody else. Like any business, they need to generate traffic. And the statement that we're seriously considering Mixon in round 2 is broad enough to maintain his plausible deniability even if we don't draft Mixon. We brought him in, so obviously we haven't taken him off our board. It's known that we need a RB. Of course we're considering him, as we are all the other RBs, and as other RB needy teams are. But is there any real meat on this rumor? Does Pauline have a guy on the inside of our organization leaking him info? I doubt it. Just a safe assumption masquerading as a "rumor."

That's the way these squawking heads roll.

geez louise, it's just another off-season article to read....no one here is proclaiming it to be gospel lol.

Oh I enjoy reading these...regardless of the POV.

geez louise, it's just another off-season article to read....no one here is proclaiming it to be gospel lol.
    Oh, i'm sure you didn't mean it that way, I was just adding a disclaimer because silly season is heating up and any of us might be tempted to read more into these things than is there.

I have no doubt we would take Mixon in the second. He came to the club on a private visit so they are obviously interested. And given Mikey's history and his current actions with Pacman he will give this POS a 'second chance'.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Idiotic move.

Until your o-line is shored up, don't bother with a high round RB, especially a problem. Terrell Davis couldn't start in college, was a 6th round draft pick and learned how to be a good pro behind a great Denver o-line.
    Only users lose drugs

Not to mention the *great* press we would get for such a move..lol

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Not to mention the *great* press we would get for such a move..lol
    will you not root for him if he starts kicking ass?

will you not root for him if he starts kicking ass?
    Not really, no. He is a tool and should spend a month in a hard core prison so he learns new meaning to the term 'bitch slap'

Not really, no. He is a tool and should spend a month in a hard core prison so he learns new meaning to the term 'bitch slap'
    I get it.

first time he rips off an 80 yard pitch and catch though, people will be entertained....and happy.

I get it.

first time he rips off an 80 yard pitch and catch though, people will be entertained....and happy.

I don't like Joe Mixon and I won't root for him if rips off an 80 yard run in the NFL. If he has seven straight seasons of 1,200 or above yards, and scores 8-12 TDs a season then I will acknowledge he is a good football player that I still won't root for.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    I don't like Joe Mixon and I won't root for him if rips off an 80 yard run in the NFL. If he has seven straight seasons of 1,200 or above yards, and scores 8-12 TDs a season then I will acknowledge he is a good football player that I still won't root for.
    That states the perspective to perfection. /salute

Why won't you root for Mixon? Do you know the whole story about what happened? I'm not condoning him hitting a woman, but here are some mitigating factors. First, he was provoked. If it had been a guy that he hit, this would not even be a conversation. Second, he had been drinking which impaired his decision making. Third and most important, he was ONLY 18 at the time of the incident. We all know that his brain and maturity levels have not been fully developed by that point. Since the incident, he has been a model citizen. Had this occurred in an era before cell phones and the over-hyper sensitivity over actions like this, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Give the kid another chance and the benefit of the doubt. Ride him all the way to a Super Bowl. He is THE best RB in the draft.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd or 4th round. This year's class at QBs is weak. People will regret over inflating some of these pretenders at QB. The only one I'd consider at all is DeShon Kizer in the middle rounds. Next year's QBs are going to be much better-- especially with that kid out of USC.

Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

how funny would it be if they took Mahomes at 9? lol

I can see it now, Hobs and Marvin......"hey he was easily the BPA on our board"

truth be told I think this is a Duke Tobin move and they're just trying to find a trading partner to move back a few spots......out of the box I know, but Duke is a man that I believe knows what needs to be done in a draft with only 4-5 elite-type players.

or hell, how about we just go ahead and take Mahomes at 9 and trade McCarron to the Browns for the #12 pick? Now we're talkin....lol

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    Why won't you root for Mixon? Do you know the whole story about what happened? I'm not condoning him hitting a woman, but here are some mitigating factors. First, he was provoked. If it had been a guy that he hit, this would not even be a conversation. Second, he had been drinking which impaired his decision making. Third and most important, he was ONLY 18 at the time of the incident. We all know that his brain and maturity levels have not been fully developed by that point. Since the incident, he has been a model citizen. Had this occurred in an era before cell phones and the over-hyper sensitivity over actions like this, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Give the kid another chance and the benefit of the doubt. Ride him all the way to a Super Bowl. He is THE best RB in the draft.
    Because, Mixon isn't the best running back in the draft. Looking at his game logs through the 2016 season, he had one great game against Texas Tech which isn't exactly top tier competition and Texas Tech games are usually shoot-outs. When he faced Ohio State, he didn't do anything. People can argue that football is a team game, which is true. However, the best players shine in marquee games versus the best competition. In Mixon's case, he obviously was very average. Oklahoma had monster games offensively and Mixon was putting up pedestrian numbers. He wasn't the "guy" that carried the offense.

In addition, Mixon had an incident with a parking lot attendant. The guy just doesn't get it and he won't get it at the pro level.

When he faced Ohio State, he didn't do anything..
    except average about 9 yards a carry and take a KO return to the house......and made it look easy.

that's all though..

I'll give you the kick-off. The 9 yards a carry was a result of the game being way out of hand versus Ohio State.

I'll give you the kick-off. The 9 yards a carry was a result of the game being way out of hand versus Ohio State.
    look I know he's an idiot, but the sad truth is....the kid's a beast.

where that leaves us, I have no idea lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Hmm this reminds me of the time when Ralph made a comment like "The bitch probably had it coming..."
    And I thought I'd seen every Honeymooners episode ever broadcast.

look I know he's an idiot, but the sad truth is....the kid's a beast.

where that leaves us, I have no idea lol
    Joe Mixon may go in first round
    Based on pure talent, there is no doubt that Oklahoma Sooners running back Joe Mixon would be an unquestioned first round pick. However, a 2014 incident in which he punched a woman in the face dropped him to a second- or third-round prospect, but he may end up going in the back end of the first round anyways, according to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report.

Mixon's willingness in recent weeks to address the character issues that have swirled around him after he was caught on video punching a woman in the face has transformed his image, according to that team official. Not just within that team, but around much of the league.

http://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/nfl-...-12-more-32784

Just came up with this mock at the Fanspeak on the clock draft simulator:

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
    2. Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
    3. Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
    4. Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (rumors abound he'll go day 2. Adam Bisnowaty and Connor McDermott were still there though).
    4b. Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
    5a. Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (I don't really think he makes it this far).
    5b. Jermaine Eluemunor, G, Texas A&M (or Jon Toth)
    6a. Kieonta Davis, DE, Chattanooga (don't think he's there either)
    6b. D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss (ditto)
    7a. Jeremy Clark, CB/S, Michigan
    7b. Steven Taylor, OLB, Houston

Not the most realistic scenario but move some guys around, and for my money it's just about the only way we can round out the roster save for a McCarron trade.

Since Romo is retiring might Houston come after McCarron? I would if I were them. However, they were probably going to take a QB high even if they had signed Romo, so if they're comfortable with that there's no reason to trade for a guy. Unless they're certain he's the future.