Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by #1 italian fan View Post
    We strongly need another OT ... at least
    We will go to war with what we have..our elite OL coach will have them ready
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    We will go to war with what we have..our elite OL coach will have them ready
    our elite OL coach? ... ok that was really funny

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    hearing that the Bengals are one of several teams in the top 12 that are in love with Haason Reddick....I'm gonna say he's gotta be the favorite for us at this point provided he's still there when we get on the clock...

What's not to like about this player!! It was actually hard to follow this video, because of the 2 different number but also you didn't know where he was going to line up. Right, left end or LBer, this just show how versatile this guy is!! If we don't take him and he is still on the board, I will not be happy fan. He immediately shores up our defense in an area that has been lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwedge View Post
    What's not to like about this player!!
    exactly!

240lb heat seeking missile of a LB with the coverage and ball skills of a CB.....there's nothing not to like about the kid.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

exactly!

240lb heat seeking missile of a LB with the coverage and ball skills of a CB.....there's nothing not to like about the kid.
    I fear we would pick a certain RB instead of this guy..lol.

If we pick this guy and cut Rey M I would be mildly interested in our defense once again.

I fear we would pick a certain RB instead of this guy..lol.

If we pick this guy and cut Rey M I would be mildly interested in our defense once again.
    if Fournette is there for some reason, they probably would take him in all honesty.....luckily for us though, there's very little chance of that happening...one of the Jags, Jets or Panthers are sure to grab him.

as for Rey M, he's a goner....it might not happen until June 1st, but he's done here.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

if Fournette is there for some reason, they probably would take him in all honesty.....luckily for us though, there's very little chance of that happening...one of the Jags, Jets or Panthers are sure to grab him.

as for Rey M, he's a goner....it might not happen until June 1st, but he's done here.
    In one of the recent articles it talked about starting vigil at SLB, does not seem the best spot for him?

The free agent RB market is very good for teams (weak for the players) which tells me we should NOT spend a high 1st round pick on a RB. I would prefer to sign Burkehead and keep Hill until we know Gio is fine. RB's to me truly are a dime a dozen. Picking Reddick would be a much better choice. Having said that, we seem to only keep most players for their first contract..lol

In one of the recent articles it talked about starting vigil at SLB, does not seem the best spot for him?
    the good thing about Vigil is that he could play any of the 3 spots equally well, IMO.

I'm guessing that if they draft Reddick it would likely be ...... Burfict WLB - Vigil MLB - Reddick SLB .....but you could just as easily switch out the two.

the good thing about Vigil is that he could play any of the 3 spots equally well, IMO.

I'm guessing that if they draft Reddick it would likely be ...... Burfict WLB - Vigil MLB - Reddick SLB .....but you could just as easily switch out the two.
    That would/could be a nice LB core. Too bad Dawson has not progressed

yeah I don't know what the deal is with Dawson.....seems like it might just be a case of a guy simply not smart enough to grasp an NFL playbook.

yeah I don't know what the deal is with Dawson.....seems like it might just be a case of a guy simply not smart enough to grasp an NFL playbook.
    Dawson supposedly swung at one of the coaches during pre-season this year. Goes to show nobody wanted to take a risk on him either. It was a dumb pick plain and simple. They kind of saw the football instincts and didn't look at the combine metrics combined with his known attitude. The scouting department saw a Vontaze Burfict clone. The Bengals saw so much college production that they wanted this guy. Well, it didn't work. In the NFL you need to have BOTH college production and the genetics/metrics to be a contributor and a work-ethic. Dawson never knew the plays at TCU.

A crappy combine (aka you just didn't work hard at the gym for the underwear olympics) and a crappy attitude to his teammates and coaches at TCU didn't stop us from drafting him.

In other news, we are looking at Joe Mixon. See the video on this guy? What a piece of crap. If the Bengals draft him, I hope he's a huge bust. No matter how talented you are, you don't deserve to be in this league if you do that kind of stuff. He also was suspended for a game ripping up a parking ticket and throwing it at an attendant. I understand when people make one mistake and change their ways, but this guy has a blatant pattern.

Just a question for everybody:
    the Bengals are on the clock (no trade down), make your choice between

Solomom Thomas,

Haason Reddick and

AJ Howard

Just a question for everybody:
    the Bengals are on the clock (no trade down), make your choice between

Solomom Thomas,

Haason Reddick and

AJ Howard
    Thomas is the best player, but where do you put him? I don't think he can play inside in our division, and I prefer having towers at DE to disrupt the QBs vision, and really angle around the outside.

Between these three, I'd take Reddick, but I'm not sold on him either. He reminds me a bit of Rivers.

I'm hoping for Adams (who won't fall) or Foster (who might). Or Peppers. But I know that's stupid. But I still want Peppers. Maybe he makes it to the second round.

Reddick to me is the opposite of Rivers. The knock on Rivers coming out was he was soft and that ended up being his downfall. Reddick is more like Burfict.

Thomas will never make it to 9, he'll likely never make it to 3....he's the 2nd best prospect in this draft, IMO.

Foster I like but he worries me just a little bit...he seems like a bit of a headcase to me and honestly I can't decide if that's a good thing or bad....plus, the concussion thing has to be somewhat of a concern for teams, which possibly pushes him down a few spots at least....all that being said, if he checks out in the vetting process and they're satisfied with the injury history I'd have no problem taking him at 9.

Reddick, to me, makes the most sense because all we've heard since this off-season began is how they wanna get younger and faster on defense....well what better place to start than with a blur of a LB that can cover like a DB? Seems like a perfect match to me.

I actually really like OJ Howard a lot, I'll think he's gonna be a major weapon in the NFL and if he's still sitting there I'm sure you could make a pretty good case for him being the BPA regardless of position....would they take him over someone like Reddick or Foster? good question.....I kind of doubt it, but I definitely don't think it can be ruled out....bpa is bpa after all.

as it stands right now- 1 Reddick 2 Foster 3 Howard.

I actually really like OJ Howard a lot, I'll think he's gonna be a major weapon in the NFL and if he's still sitting there I'm sure you could make a pretty good case for him being the BPA regardless of position....would they take him over someone like Reddick or Foster? good question.....I kind of doubt it, but I definitely don't think it can be ruled out....bpa is bpa after all.

as it stands right now- 1 Reddick 2 Foster 3 Howard.
    bpa is bpa after all ... and before all: tyler eifert is in the last year of his contract (just saying)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Bengal View Post
    Thomas is the best player, but where do you put him? I don't think he can play inside in our division, and I prefer having towers at DE to disrupt the QBs vision, and really angle around the outside.
    It seems the portrait of Tanoh Kpassagnon DE 6'7" 289 Villanova

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...non?id=2558185

bpa is bpa after all ... and before all: tyler eifert is in the last year of his contract (just saying)

It seems the portrait of Tanoh Kpassagnon DE 6'7" 289 Villanova
    SOURCES TELL US: "He's raw but he's got a chance. He's quiet and I don't think football is going to define him, Do you know what I mean? I just want to make sure that he loves football." -- NFC regional scout

NFL COMPARISON: Margus Hunt
    Oh brother. So the question is whether he's an athlete or a football player. Hunt never was a football player. The Colts are about to find that out

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Oh brother. So the question is whether he's an athlete or a football player. Hunt never was a football player. The Colts are about to find that out
    You hit the nail bro ... TO BE (a player) OR NOT TO BE (just an athete) ... this is the problem

You hit the nail bro ... TO BE (a player) OR NOT TO BE (just an athete) ... this is the problem
    The 1990s Bengals were full of these kinds of folks. Guys like David Klingler who'd set all kinds of records for QBs at the combine but wasn't a football player

They also have an owner with no football sense, so it all matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Guys like David Klingler who'd set all kinds of records for QBs at the combine but wasn't a football player
    how do we really know that though?

he was sacked 11 times in his very first start lol.....for all intent and purposes that was pretty much the end of poor David Klingler right then and there.

never know what might have happened with that kid had he just went to a good team to start his career.

Once in a decade talent

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ct-in-10-years

Book on O.J. Howard: Most complete TE prospect in 10 years

Once in a decade talent

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ct-in-10-years

Book on O.J. Howard: Most complete TE prospect in 10 years
    I don't doubt that at all, the kid is a stud.

a 6'6 250lb legit deep threat....you definitely don't find that everyday.

I don't doubt that at all, the kid is a stud.

a 6'6 250lb legit deep threat....you definitely don't find that everyday.
    Now the bad news: Howard to the Browns in draft and Mike Williams to the steelers? Hell NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-qb-successors

The Browns coached Howard at the Senior Bowl, and he's one of the safest players in the draft class.

The Steelers can't rely on Martavis Bryant; Williams would be an incredible value if he were to slip this far down the board.

how do we really know that though?

he was sacked 11 times in his very first start lol.....for all intent and purposes that was pretty much the end of poor David Klingler right then and there.

never know what might have happened with that kid had he just went to a good team to start his career.
    Luckily for the team today, we invest heavily in the OL so that situation can never happen again. Signing quality OL is this team's top priority year in and out.

I'm definitely not a big fan of Williams....that being said though, I can't see any way possible he slides all the way down to 30.

Luckily for the team today, we invest heavily in the OL so that situation can never happen again. Signing quality OL is this team's top priority year in and out.
    up until last year they've always had a solid o-line since Dalton/Green have been here.

they've given Whit top dollar several times, they gave Boling top dollar at the time, they offered Zeitler top dollar last year that would have tied him with DeCastro, they've used first round picks on OL twice in the last 5 years, they drafted Fisher in r2, etc.....it's a little crazy to say they haven't invested in the o-line just because of recent developments.

up until last year they've always had a solid o-line since Dalton/Green have been here.

they've given Whit top dollar several times, they gave Boling top dollar at the time, they offered Zeitler top dollar last year that would have tied him with DeCastro, they've used first round picks on OL twice in the last 5 years, they drafted Fisher in r2, etc.....it's a little crazy to say they haven't invested in the o-line just because of recent developments.
    Center has never been resolved. Andre Smith was a slug/bust who they should have given up on years prior. The OL coach never coaches up, as in never. They always collapse under a blitz. And like other parts of the team they have failed miserably in those high pressure games and that includes Whit. They first and foremost have to replace the OL coach with an UPGRADE but Anderson is like Brown's son so he will never fire him. How about picking Livings over Mathis - brilliance. The OL could very well be the worst in the league this year, good luck to the team if that happens.

How about picking Livings over Mathis - brilliance.
    how about Dallas giving big money to Livingston in FA.....how about Mathis playing on a different team every single year.

it would have been great to keep Whit and Zeit for sure but you can't make every starter you have the highest paid starter in the league, it's just not possible.

The OL could very well be the worst in the league this year
    or they might surprise everybody and go out there and kick ass....what's the harm in letting it play out before writing them off?

So do you put in Fisher at RT and Smith at RG... or Fisher at RG and Smith at RT?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    So do you put in Fisher at RT and Smith at RG... or Fisher at RG and Smith at RT?
    or maybe Fisher at LT and Smith at RT.....draft a G?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    So do you put in Fisher at RT and Smith at RG
    according to Hobs, that's exactly what they're planning on doing....good call.

It looks like it will be a familiar face in a new place. Indications are the Bengals are going to play Smith at right guard next to new starting right tackle Jake Fisher. Smith, 30, who started 73 games at right tackle for the Bengals over seven seasons before taking a one-year deal in Minnesota last year, doesn’t have an NFL start at guard. But he’s practiced there for the Bengals and it has long been thought that his powerful frame, sheer strength, and athletic feet would make him an elite guard.

how about Dallas giving big money to Livingston in FA.....how about Mathis playing on a different team every single year.

it would have been great to keep Whit and Zeit for sure but you can't make every starter you have the highest paid starter in the league, it's just not possible.

or they might surprise everybody and go out there and kick ass....what's the harm in letting it play out before writing them off?
    How is the Koolaid this year? What flavour is it? So many excuses to cover up the incompetence of Mikey.

according to Hobs, that's exactly what they're planning on doing....good call.
    Sadly he is on just a one year contract, which means if Smith plays as good RG then he will get paid and be gone in free agency next year. I hope it works out and Westerman is able to get some experience this year at some point.

I am confident Smith will be on IR by game 3; then we can que the injury excuses

How is the Koolaid this year? What flavour is it? So many excuses to cover up the incompetence of Mikey.
    I'm not trying to cover up anything and I'm not drinking anything either lol, I know exactly what MB is and I know exactly how he operates...it's been exactly the same for the last 25 years and all of the bellyaching and crying and whining that all of you guys have done during that time hasn't made the slightest bit of difference.

sorry but I refuse to be that way, I refuse to be miserable like that.....I can't make MB drop dead, I can't make him fire Marv, I can't turn Andy Dalton into Tom Brady and I can't talk guys into or out of signing contracts here or elsewhere...therefore I REFUSE to worry about it.

I've learned to just take it one season at a time with this team starting each year with the draft...I never look ahead and I never look back, I just focus on what's right in front of me.....I don't worry about guys that aren't here, I only want to see the guys that are here and will be here do well.

and I'll root for 'em like hell as long as they're here.

I am in no way miserable about the state of the team, I truly do find it entertaining now. Just like this piece from Hobs who is clearly so stupid he did not even realize what he wrote:

The Bengals indicated they were moving on from Burkhead during the offseason when running back Jeremy Hill got their ringing endorsement even though Burkhead outgained him, 305-216, on his 4.7 yards per carry to Hill’s 2.5 in the final six games after Giovani Bernard’s ACL tear.

Yes, Hill gets a 'ringing endorsement based on ????. Burkhead is clearly the better player so the ringing endorsement is simply the fact he has a year left on his cheap contract and Rex did not. Comical, let the better player go and actually write in the article that he was the better player. You can't make this shit up! Next year the will not re-sign Hill but draft another RB - groundhog day..lol

I'm not trying to cover up anything and I'm not drinking anything either lol, I know exactly what MB is and I know exactly how he operates...it's been exactly the same for the last 25 years and all of the bellyaching and crying and whining that all of you guys have done during that time hasn't made the slightest bit of difference.

sorry but I refuse to be that way, I refuse to be miserable like that.....I can't make MB drop dead, I can't make him fire Marv, I can't turn Andy Dalton into Tom Brady and I can't talk guys into or out of signing contracts here or elsewhere...therefore I REFUSE to worry about it.

I've learned to just take it one season at a time with this team starting each year with the draft...I never look ahead and I never look back, I just focus on what's right in front of me.....I don't worry about guys that aren't here, I only want to see the guys that are here and will be here do well.

and I'll root for 'em like hell as long as they're here.
    Very well said.