Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 228

Thread: Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Since so much of a ST coach's "ratings" come off of The FG unit's production, last season makes Simmons look worse than he actually is. But overall, he has had the respect and accolades from his peers...as opposed to Internet experts and squawking head media types.

    Also was perusing commentary by peers and fellow coaches around the league--you know, the guys who actually are the experienced professionals. You would be amazed at the praise for ML and his staff. I wouldn't expect the IE's--especially those with '90's Era Syndrome--to fathom it, but it's out there for view.
    Jeff Fisher gets accolades as well. The NFL fraternity always praises one another. The guy has lost 6 straight playoff games. Mikey seems comfortable with that, I am not.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    Yeah....Darrin Simmons, whose units have cost us the playoffs in 2006, 2007, and this 2016.
    Kickers miss kicks. Bad snaps happen. Find somebody who can coach not to ever have that happen. Good luck in Fantasyland.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Jeff Fisher gets accolades as well. The NFL fraternity always praises one another. The guy has lost 6 straight playoff games. Mikey seems comfortable with that, I am not.
    Apply for the job then. Buy the franchise.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Kickers miss kicks. Bad snaps happen. Find somebody who can coach not to ever have that happen. Good luck in Fantasyland.
    https://youtu.be/TJt2koUqhuU?list=PL...RFWpGkkM42I-ZT

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Apply for the job then. Buy the franchise.
    You mean just like Mikey did? Perhaps I missed the news release where he actually made a fortune on his own and then bought an NFL franchise. The guy was HANDED an NFL team. He runs it like a family business not like an owner who has a deep desire to win a championship. This is clear and simple. He has done NOTHING to indicate he has a desire to win a championship. Remember some years back when he said they would look at high priced free agents if they were a player or two away? guess what, you were a player or two away, but now you are 5 away (again). He is all about making a nice comfortable profit while all the other franchise owners create more value for his family franchise. The only thing he has to do is field a moderately competitive team (but not every year) and the other owners do the rest. Katie is the only hope, if she actually thinks she can field a winning team and wants to then their is some hope for the future. But nothing will change until Mikey is dead or senile. I will wait that out and in the interim drink no koolaid.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  6. #126
    St Adam has missed his fair share too--ask Colts fans. What does this have to do with ST coaches?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    You mean just like Mikey did? Perhaps I missed the news release where he actually made a fortune on his own and then bought an NFL franchise. The guy was HANDED an NFL team. He runs it like a family business not like an owner who has a deep desire to win a championship. This is clear and simple. He has done NOTHING to indicate he has a desire to win a championship. Remember some years back when he said they would look at high priced free agents if they were a player or two away? guess what, you were a player or two away, but now you are 5 away (again). He is all about making a nice comfortable profit while all the other franchise owners create more value for his family franchise. The only thing he has to do is field a moderately competitive team (but not every year) and the other owners do the rest. Katie is the only hope, if she actually thinks she can field a winning team and wants to then their is some hope for the future. But nothing will change until Mikey is dead or senile. I will wait that out and in the interim drink no koolaid.
    You said you were "not comfortable". Other than ranting and raving on Internet message boards, what can you do to alleviate your discomfort? As I said: rant/rave...apply for the job...or buy the franchise.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  8. #128
    Any updates on coming and goings?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Any updates on coming and goings?
    Rumor is we will sign Andre Smith then immediately put him on IR for the season.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Rumor is we will sign Andre Smith then immediately put him on IR for the season.
    That made me laugh out loud. Then it made me sad.

    I wanted him out of here so badly a year ago. I was so sick of Andre coming out of his stance so slowly that he barely even touched speed rushers. Now, with the state of our line, I find I'm trying to talk myself into believing a reunion is a good. idea.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Rumor is we will sign Andre Smith then immediately put him on IR for the season.
    My guess is, he went from being coddled, "oh did you hurt your eat'in hand take 2 weeks off, to "Andre, get your fat ass moving you big tub of goo" up in Minnesota and decided he like mello Marv better...

  12. #132

  13. #133
    No worries, our elite RB coach will coach up Hill and other scrubs
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  14. #134
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    No worries, our elite RB coach will coach up Hill and other scrubs
    I'm still not 100% sure that Hill will even be here, there's whispers out there that the Bengals have let it be known that he's available in trade if anybody wants him.

    not sure what the right price would be but I've gotta believe if somebody came along and offered up a 3rd they'd probably jump on it.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    I'm still not 100% sure that Hill will even be here, there's whispers out there that the Bengals have let it be known that he's available in trade if anybody wants him.

    not sure what the right price would be but I've gotta believe if somebody came along and offered up a 3rd they'd probably jump on it.
    We would take that because you can never have enough draft picks to lose to free agency.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  16. #136
    http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14...ent-departures

    More comedy - won't sign higher end free agents otherwise you might lose comp picks...can't make this crap up.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  17. #137
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14...ent-departures

    More comedy - won't sign higher end free agents otherwise you might lose comp picks...can't make this crap up.
    We should write a book on this comical front office about the thousands of EXCUSES on why they cannot build a winner. We would make millions. BTW, LT, I do not have the money to buy the team or I would have already. Like I said, I will just not be around as much, but this piece is a joke. They will not go out to get Free Agents because they are worried about their compensatory picks of losing FAs? This is getting beyond comical. The question should be for every fan on this site right now is why are all of these FAs abandoning ship from this team/organization? I thought the ones behind Mikey was that he does offer them money, but they just take more money so it is the players fault, right? Money, well, that is part of it, but if these guys would just tell the truth about Mike Brown and Mediocre Marv, then we would all be at ease with many things, but we all know this will never happen because it is the good ole boy network, that is why they all still have a job and they know the TRUTH would hurt everyone in the NFL. Loose lips sink ships! Continue on with the so called Free Agency Thread, LOL
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  18. #138
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    Letting the Broncos get Peko was the highlight of FA for me. At least this is one move I like and I'm laughing my ass off at how much the Broncos overpaid for a POS player.
    I am with you on this one too, I am glad the BUM is gone, blown off the ball all the time and dancing with the DLman. Good Riddance! He may be a good person as a human being, but he is getting paid to do a JOB. He may play better with Denver because they have better DL coaches and they expect more out of their players, but here, he was a BUM. We shall see what unfolds.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  19. #139
    war-damn-tiger #1 italian fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mantua, Italy
    Posts
    2,733
    Fat ass Smith is ... baaaaack!!!

  20. #140
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    We would take that because you can never have enough draft picks to lose to free agency.
    yeah I really couldn't care less about losing Hill.....there are 10-15 RB's in this draft class that you could plug in day one and get the same production you got from Hill or better.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  21. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    yeah I really couldn't care less about losing Hill.....there are 10-15 RB's in this draft class that you could plug in day one and get the same production you got from Hill or better.
    Sure, Groundhog Day. There are also good RBs in free agency then you don't have to waste a pick. Or they could have signed Burkhead and traded or cut Hill. Then you still have the draft pick. Ooh, that would be clever.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  22. #142
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Sure, Groundhog Day.
    it is what it is
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  23. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    it is what it is
    Indeed, some just refuse to accept that. This team has zero chance of ever winning with the current owner. Accept that and the rest is just pure entertainment. Hobbs as the Mikey puppet; Marvin the clapping clown with his annual "we will be better" slogans. This year show has just started.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  24. #144
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Indeed, some just refuse to accept that. This team has zero chance of ever winning with the current owner. Accept that and the rest is just pure entertainment. Hobbs as the Mikey puppet; Marvin the clapping clown with his annual "we will be better" slogans. This year show has just started.
    oh I've accepted it, trust me
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  25. #145
    Carlos Dunlap on Twitter :

    "I don't see the plan but guess that's not my role to either"

    http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...Y6EwXqJqd1SiI/

    Congrats to the team for continuing to lose the players a sell as the fans. Huge props. Might not quite be enough Koolaid for everyone , fans and now players!
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  26. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Well that makes complete sense. Rex is just the type of player that the Pats plug in: unselfish, high energy, always gives 110 percent, always ready when called and very smart guy who learns quickly and makes few mistakes. He will have a great season over there.

    Bengals will replace him with some lazy dumb ass who put up great combine numbers.

    I don't post much anymore because the same ole, same ole Bengals just bore the hell out of me.

  27. #147
    '90's Era Syndrome in full swing.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  28. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    '90's Era Syndrome in full swing.
    Yep. Same old losing mentality. After 25 years nothing's changed.
    The Bengals have abused their fans so much over the years, they might as well hold an annual Punch Your Customers In the Face Day.

  29. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    '90's Era Syndrome in full swing.
    The only difference we do actually draft better. But we pretty much coach the same and for sure we manage the roster as poorly as the 90's. We all know the common denominator.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  30. #150
    Dunlap's comments made it to PFT:

    The Bengals have lost some of their top players in free agency, and at least one of the top players who remains isn’t sure what’s going on.

    Pro Bowl defensive end Carlos Dunlap took to Twitter and said he doesn’t understand what the Bengals’ plan is in free agency, adding that the players don’t get a say in the matter.

    “I don’t see the plan but guess that’s not my role to either,” Dunlap wrote.

    Follow
    Carlos Dunlap ✔ @Carlos_Dunlap
    I don't see the plan but guess that's not my role to either.
    5:32 PM - 14 Mar 2017 · Miami, FL
    554 554 Retweets 922 922 likes

    Dunlap’s tweet came shortly after news broke that former Bengals running back Rex Burkhead had signed with the Patriots. The Bengals have also lost two top offensive linemen in Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler, and three players from their defensive front seven in Karlos Dansby, Margus Hunt and Domata Peko. The only player they’ve added is offensive tackle Andre Smith.

    Dunlap is surely reflecting the thoughts of many Bengals fans in not seeing how a team is supposed to get better with moves like that in free agency.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  31. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    yeah I really couldn't care less about losing Hill.....there are 10-15 RB's in this draft class that you could plug in day one and get the same production you got from Hill or better.
    Which is why it will be next to impossible to trade him. Other teams see the same thing. And if we did get an offer for a third day pick, then we'd just need to draft two more RBs instead of one. So we'd end up spending that pick on a RB... we might as well let him be a back up for a year and collect a comp pick for him when he walks in 2018.

    I think the whispers you refer to are more like, if Fournette should drop to 9 and we draft him there, then we try to flip him for a pick. But I can't see Fournette getting past Carolina at 8, and maybe not past Jax at 4.

  32. #152
    One site mentioned the Andre Smith contract is for $4.5M per year. I would hope that would be all incentives included as he has only played two full seasons of eight.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  33. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14...ent-departures

    More comedy - won't sign higher end free agents otherwise you might lose comp picks...can't make this crap up.
    CincyJungle is just recycling that from Bengals.com (that's pretty much all they do).

    Nevertheless, it might be the most maddening thing about our front office to me. The fact that apparently third day draft choices a year removed is even remotely a factor in our decision making about FA's is utterly absurd. Maybe their improved drafting has just gone to their heads and they think they can get TJ Houshmandzadeh in the 7th round every year.

  34. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    One site mentioned the Andre Smith contract is for $4.5M per year. I would hope that would be all incentives included as he has only played two full seasons of eight.
    I see that Jim Owccarski tweeted that figure. That will make me positively nuts if true. Let's hope it is incentives. The vikings gave him 3.5 million on a one year deal last year and he was hurt all year. To think we'd give him a million dollar raise is crazy (especially when Hobson has been saying we only have 3 million left).

  35. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    We should write a book on this comical front office about the thousands of EXCUSES on why they cannot build a winner. We would make millions. BTW, LT, I do not have the money to buy the team or I would have already. Like I said, I will just not be around as much, but this piece is a joke. They will not go out to get Free Agents because they are worried about their compensatory picks of losing FAs? This is getting beyond comical. The question should be for every fan on this site right now is why are all of these FAs abandoning ship from this team/organization? I thought the ones behind Mikey was that he does offer them money, but they just take more money so it is the players fault, right? Money, well, that is part of it, but if these guys would just tell the truth about Mike Brown and Mediocre Marv, then we would all be at ease with many things, but we all know this will never happen because it is the good ole boy network, that is why they all still have a job and they know the TRUTH would hurt everyone in the NFL. Loose lips sink ships! Continue on with the so called Free Agency Thread, LOL
    It was nuts of whoever it was to advise you to buy the team. It's not about money. You can't buy what's not for sale. This is the Brown family's life. They don't need more money. They're not going to sell their life.

  36. #156
    I'll say this, if a guy visits Cincinnati and leaves without a contract to visit another team, he's almost 99% not going to sign with the Bengals. That means Robinson and Barwin are probably not going to. I don't know if Mangold has even visited the team.

  37. #157
    Barwin did sign with the Rams... seriously.

  38. #158
    Is Hobson going to start every column he writes pointing out that we won't sign UFAs if it interferes with the 2018 compensatory picks? It's maddening that that's the case in the first place, and maddening that he won't stop yammering on about it.

    And Barwin is not a 3-4 end, he's a 3-4 OLB. Sometimes I think Hobs doesn't know jack about football.

    And somehow Andre Smith got an inch shorter since he left Cincy. Hobson now calls him 6'3".

    This is all on bengals.com. No, I'm not going to simply copy and paste it here because that's just foolish.

  39. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    '90's Era Syndrome in full swing.

    Oh my Gawd!!!!! It appears that the "90's Era Syndrome" is highly contagious. The NFL.com website has the 2017 Bengals as the 24th team in their power rankings. Any guesses as to where that puts us in the AFC North?

  40. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by furnbuff View Post
    Oh my Gawd!!!!! It appears that the "90's Era Syndrome" is highly contagious. The NFL.com website has the 2017 Bengals as the 24th team in their power rankings. Any guesses as to where that puts us in the AFC North?
    In all honesty folks, at this point can anyone see the team being higher than that? Two straight years of heavy FA losses, a lame duck coach, under spending on the cap, not cutting useless vets, not playing younger guys enough, decimated OL, the DC wanted to leave and dis-engaged players.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •