Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals Free Agency Comings and Goings

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    ( thats 5 million )
    I had no idea what the details were at that time
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    oh that contract for Kirk is the end of Pacman for sure....it might not happen until June 1st cuts, but he's a goner.

probably kiss Rey M goodbye on June 1st as well because I guarantee they're going to be drafting a LB in the first 2 rounds.
    A few days ago I would've agreed, but now I'm not so sure. Up is down, down is up, nothing these idiots do makes any sense any more. I'm not even sure Maualuga gets cut at this point.

And no need to wait until June 1, by the way. You can cut anybody now and just designate it a june 1 cut. They changed that a few years ago so those guys could still compete in the job market.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    I am not sure Whit is worth a 3 year deal, a lot of risk there due to age. But letting Zeitler as well will hurt badly.
    Of course he's worth it. Not worth it to us but he is to the rams? I don't buy this foolishness that we need to pave the way for Cedric O. Too important of a position to trust to a guy who looked like he didn't belong on an NFL field. Besides, I'm guessing there's no guaranteed money in year three making it effectively a two year deal.

I totally understand not giving a guard 12 million, but LT is just crucial. Imagine a year with Ced O and Fish as our tackles. Put aside all the fluff pieces we're going to read about how hard they work, how seriously they take it, blah blah blah. And westerman or somebody at RG. Even if we sign Mangold, he's a player in decline too. I don't want to over react but I'm seeing a rough year ahead.

The Dre signing is good. He has improved. At least he doesn't have brain farts like Pacman seems to have where coverage is blown. We've got 3 young CBs who should help. I'm pissed at the completer mismanagement of the OL. Okay, if Z-man was a known goner, they should have done whatever to keep Whit. Offer 2 years at $12 mil per year-- all guaranteed with an option for a third at $10 mil based on incentives. Mike is cheap an not creative.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    The Dre signing is good. He has improved. At least he doesn't have brain farts like Pacman seems to have where coverage is blown. We've got 3 young CBs who should help. I'm pissed at the completer mismanagement of the OL. Okay, if Z-man was a known goner, they should have done whatever to keep Whit. Offer 2 years at $12 mil per year-- all guaranteed with an option for a third at $10 mil based on incentives. Mike is cheap an not creative.
    I agree completely. And something else I don't understand is our fascination with compensatory picks. Just today I was thinking well, maybe it won't be so bad if they rush out and sign Riley Reiff to nail down one tackle spot, and maybe throw in Mangold at C. But Reiff signs elsewhere and of course Hobson is right there to warn that we won't even considered unrestricted FAs because then we won't get a 5th round comp pick for Whit in 2018. Really? A day 3 pick a year removed is important enough to base decisions affecting *this year*? So we've got to settle for Winston as a back up, or at best somebody like DJ Fluker. Because we have a weird need to win the draft instead of football games. I bet the insistence on not signing UFA's comes from management and drives the coaches nuts.

Ok.....I would have had rather signed both Whitworth and Zeitler than keep Kirkpatrick at $54 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Karlos Dansby is leaving to go back to the Cardinals... that should tell you something about the atmosphere in the Bengals locker room and behind the scenes. Dansby pleaded to come here, saying the Bengals were poised for something great... however once he got here and saw what was REALLY going on, he's gone. Not a word out of him about it. That tells me that the Bengals behind the scenes are a joke like we fans think it is.
    Karlos is no longer worth the shot and powder to blow him down the street. If that wasn't evident enough last season, then I don't know what to tell you. He isn't here any longer, because he has nothing left.

But be sure to think the Russians had something to do with it, as that is about as likely as your theories.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

So I'm pretty sick about what has transpired but let me throw out a scenario that could be halfway realistic, given management's ineptitude.

Let's say we sign Nick Mangold, Rex Burkhead, Eric Winston and Domata Peko. And we don't cut either Maualuga or Jones. That's all feasible. And assume no McCarron trade.

I went to the fanspeak on the clock tool again for another mock draft, using the CBS big board. Bear in mind it assumes all teams draft from the same board, so in the real draft there should be better options at each pick. I could see us doing something like this:

1. Jonathan Allen (Fournette and S. Thomas were still there but no way that happens in the real draft so I ignored it).
    2. Dion Dawkins, T/G, Temple. (I've watched some of his tape and I tell you he can play OT, maybe even LT).
    3. Tyus Bowser, SLB, Houston.
    4a. Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
    4b. Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
    5a. Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State (comments, Bucks fans?)
    5b. Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State
    6a. Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette
    6b. Dylan Donahue, SLB, West Georgia
    7a. Levon Jones, OT, Northern Illinois (a reach but had to do it)
    7b. D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss

Would that be so bad? Ok, yes, it would still stink. OL would still suck and we'd be painfully slow at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Karlos is no longer worth the shot and powder to blow him down the street. If that wasn't evident enough last season, then I don't know what to tell you. He isn't here any longer, because he has nothing left.

But be sure to think the Russians had something to do with it, as that is about as likely as your theories.
    Not so fast there hoss. Dansby led the LBer corp in snaps last year and led the team in tackles. Not bad for a guy you say isn't worth a shit. Fact of the matter is, before he signed with the Bengals last year you couldn't catch him saying a bad thing about the team, and was praising how close they were to being a Championship team. One year later of playing for the franchise, and he's all of a sudden quiet and moving on to play for the Cardinals. No conspiracy theories needed... it's truth.

Of course you did notice, as the season began to close, Vigil on the field more and more? Snaps can mean anything--like no one else available to play a position or certain defense's. Rey M has led this team in tackles.

Karlos was brought in as a stop-gap, and with the belief he could still display his historic main skill: coverage. That never materialized. What he said coming in here, and hasn't said leaving, is of no consequence. The Bengals decided Vigil is ready, and will draft other LB's. Thanks, Karlos, for giving it your best shot. It's business, nothing more.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Of course you did notice, as the season began to close, Vigil on the field more and more? Snaps can mean anything--like no one else available to play a position or certain defense's. Rey M has led this team in tackles.

Karlos was brought in as a stop-gap, and with the belief he could still display his historic main skill: coverage. That never materialized. What he said coming in here, and hasn't said leaving, is of no consequence. The Bengals decided Vigil is ready, and will draft other LB's. Thanks, Karlos, for giving it your best shot. It's business, nothing more.
    Of course Vigil was on the field more, the team wasn't going to make the playoffs and some of the young guys needed to start getting some real game experience. If Dansby REALLY thought the team was still what he thought it was before he came to Cincy he would have lobbied to stay, even in a back up role at a low contract amount just to win a ring. He didn't, at all... seriously, for someone that posts some of the conspiracy theory type things you do here, to totally blow off what I'm saying is nonsense... tells me you are either in denial, or you don't have a defense for what I'm saying so you just come up with the most lame defense possible, that it's just a conspiracy theory.

Oh you think you're mad now...

I just read an article the Bengals only have $2-3 MILLION left "budgeted" for free agents, and they have only signed TWO guys and those were their own. How the fu ck are they supposed to compete when other teams are filling their rosters and the Bengals are just letting guys go every year??? Then stock piling comp picks that Marvin won't let play until the last year of their contract???

Gawd damn I'm so ####ing pissed right now... $2-3 Million isn't even enough to sign back Burkhead and Winston, let alone sign Mangold. WTF!!!

Oh you think you're mad now...

I just read an article the Bengals only have $2-3 MILLION left "budgeted" for free agents, and they have only signed TWO guys and those were their own. How the fu ck are they supposed to compete when other teams are filling their rosters and the Bengals are just letting guys go every year??? Then stock piling comp picks that Marvin won't let play until the last year of their contract???

Gawd damn I'm so ####ing pissed right now... $2-3 Million isn't even enough to sign back Burkhead and Winston, let alone sign Mangold. WTF!!!
    Yeah, so I have a theory on that. It all comes from Hobson, and he's pushing out the figures management is telling him. And they're telling him that because they don't want their own website advertising how much cap room they have to negotiate with, as that reduces their leverage in negotiations. I distinctly remember Hobson saying we were out of money just days before we signed Michael Johnson. We "dipped into next year's roll over" to do it. Fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    So I'm pretty sick about what has transpired but let me throw out a scenario that could be halfway realistic, given management's ineptitude.

Let's say we sign Nick Mangold, Rex Burkhead, Eric Winston and Domata Peko. And we don't cut either Maualuga or Jones. That's all feasible. And assume no McCarron trade.

I went to the fanspeak on the clock tool again for another mock draft, using the CBS big board. Bear in mind it assumes all teams draft from the same board, so in the real draft there should be better options at each pick. I could see us doing something like this:

1. Jonathan Allen (Fournette and S. Thomas were still there but no way that happens in the real draft so I ignored it).
    2. Dion Dawkins, T/G, Temple. (I've watched some of his tape and I tell you he can play OT, maybe even LT).
    3. Tyus Bowser, SLB, Houston.
    4a. Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
    4b. Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
    5a. Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State (comments, Bucks fans?)
    5b. Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State
    6a. Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette
    6b. Dylan Donahue, SLB, West Georgia
    7a. Levon Jones, OT, Northern Illinois (a reach but had to do it)
    7b. D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss

Would that be so bad? Ok, yes, it would still stink. OL would still suck and we'd be painfully slow at LB.
    so that was supposed to be a "realistic scenario" given management tendencies. Here's what I would see as a better scenario, more like what I would do given where we're at now:

Cut Maualuga and Jones.
    Sign Mangold, Burkhead, Winston and Connor Barwin to play SLB for us (if he cuts down to 255 lbs or so I think he's a fine fit; say he, Vigil and Burfict are 3 starters, V Rey, Dawson and Flowers are 3 backups, and we draft 1-2 LBs). Maybe Gilberry or some other vet DE like Eugene Sims. If they really want to re-sign Peko to mentor Billings then fine, but cut Pat Sims.

This time I'm using Draftek's most recent 7 round mock as a hypothetical:

1. Jonathan Allen or Derek Barnett
    2. Dion Dawkins, T/G Temple (I'll be stumping for him all the way to the draft)
    3. TreDavious White, CB, LSU (hard to see him there but some good CB will be there at 73).
    4a. Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
    4b. Julien Davenport, OT, Bucknell (Winston's successor; but i'm more concerned about OL than it sounds like the Bengals are)
    5a. Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming
    5b. Marquel Lee, LB, Wake Forest
    6a. Zane Gonzalez, K, AZ State
    6b. Nick Deluca, LB, ND State
    7a. Jehu Chesson, WR, Michigan
    7b. Jonnu Smith, TE, Florida International

OR....If the Bengals offer 4 more million guaranteed, he likely stays......this was all about the $$ plain and simple, Rams have no shot at winning anything over the next two years.
    Yes it was for the money. If he thought we would win the ring he would have stayed. No hope either place, so take the money. Same with Zeitler, but there is a difference. He is with a real coach who has a chance of building a team quickly with cap room and high draft picks, 5 in first 65 picks.

You can forget signing anymore free agents. The Bengals said they had only $2-3 million left to spend, and they just resigned Winston. Free agency is over for the Bengals.

I don't get it. The Eagles only had:

Team Salary Cap: $179,508,262
    Team Cap Space: $12,843,493

Yet they were able to sign:

Agreed to terms with WR Torrey Smith on a three-year contract and WR Alshon Jeffery and G Chance Warmack on one-year contracts.

That's three pretty big name free agents.

The Bengals have:

Bengals
    Cap Space: $36,550,539 60 $174,123,066 $137,214,997 $357,530

And they sign Brandon LaFell, Dre Krikpatrick, and Eric Winston, and they say they are out of cap money.

WTF!!!! How is this possible?!!? This team is so fu cking frustrating!

I don't get it. The Eagles only had:

Team Salary Cap: $179,508,262
    Team Cap Space: $12,843,493

Yet they were able to sign:

Agreed to terms with WR Torrey Smith on a three-year contract and WR Alshon Jeffery and G Chance Warmack on one-year contracts.

That's three pretty big name free agents.

The Bengals have:

Bengals
    Cap Space: $36,550,539 60 $174,123,066 $137,214,997 $357,530

And they sign Brandon LaFell, Dre Krikpatrick, and Eric Winston, and they say they are out of cap money.

WTF!!!! How is this possible?!!? This team is so fu cking frustrating!
    They are nowhere near 'out of cap money'. They are near their 'budget' for cap money allocated for free agents which was $18M tops which means they were only capable of signing one significant player and one middle of the road guy. If anyone was unclear that this is strictly a business to Mikey, please read this thread again. We never spend to the cap to help the team to win, we never defer any future cap monies to help the team to win, we never go get high end free agents to help the team win, we never replace lethargic coaches to help the team win. We draft reasonably well but only re-sign some of those players, we don't cut our personnel mistakes for fear of the cap hit, we don't supplement the roster with trades or even more than 1 or 2 middle of the road players. In short, all designed to earn at least a $20M profit annually. This is about making money and do things to try and win a championship gets in the way of that so will never be done.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

They are nowhere near 'out of cap money'. They are near their 'budget' for cap money allocated for free agents which was $18M tops which means they were only capable of signing one significant player and one middle of the road guy. If anyone was unclear that this is strictly a business to Mikey, please read this thread again. We never spend to the cap to help the team to win, we never defer any future cap monies to help the team to win, we never go get high end free agents to help the team win, we never replace lethargic coaches to help the team win. We draft reasonably well but only re-sign some of those players, we don't cut our personnel mistakes for fear of the cap hit, we don't supplement the roster with trades or even more than 1 or 2 middle of the road players. In short, all designed to earn at least a $20M profit annually. This is about making money and do things to try and win a championship gets in the way of that so will never be done.
    I posted on another forum, the Carolina Panthers were $26.5 million under the cap. They have signed THIRTEEN players including Charles Johnson, Kewan Short, Matt Khalil, Julius Peppers, and Mike Adams.

The Bengals have sign LaFell, Winston, and Kirkpatrick. WTF?!!?!?
    Last edited by Lewdog; 03-10-2017 at 06:16 PM.

I posted on another forum, the Carolina Panthers were $26.5 million under the cap. They have signed THIRTEEN players including Charles Johnson, Kewan Short, Matt Khalil, Julius Peppers, and Mike Adams.

The Bengals have sign LaFell, Winson, and Kirkpatrick. WTF?!!?!?
    It is pathetic. Not even the old mantra of 'we sign our own' is holding up. We have lost 3 starting OL in 12 months. The good news is we can already write the season off, no doubt the Browns will pass us in the division. Oh yeah, and a lame duck year for the Clapping Clown..lol

And the Patriots decide they need a good WR... so what do they do? They fu cking go trade for one. Why do the Bengals never do shit!?!?

It is pathetic. Not even the old mantra of 'we sign our own' is holding up. We have lost 3 starting OL in 12 months. The good news is we can already write the season off, no doubt the Browns will pass us in the division. Oh yeah, and a lame duck year for the Clapping Clown..lol
    You are completely insane. '90's Syndrome has robbed you of any logic.

The Panthers have now signed WR Charles Johnson and Captain Munnerlin. They've signed FIFTEEN players when they have $26.5 million in cap space... the Bengals had like $36 million and signed 4 players, LaFell, Kirkpatrick, Winston, and TJ Johnson... and they say they only have $3 million left in cap space. Tell me how that happens.

Of course Vigil was on the field more, the team wasn't going to make the playoffs and some of the young guys needed to start getting some real game experience. If Dansby REALLY thought the team was still what he thought it was before he came to Cincy he would have lobbied to stay, even in a back up role at a low contract amount just to win a ring. He didn't, at all... seriously, for someone that posts some of the conspiracy theory type things you do here, to totally blow off what I'm saying is nonsense... tells me you are either in denial, or you don't have a defense for what I'm saying so you just come up with the most lame defense possible, that it's just a conspiracy theory.
    You have said nothing of substance--just what is there to deny? And defend what? All you said was Karlos quietly left town and joined the Cards. Then you interjected suppositions based on complete conjecture. Then you double-down by saying he would have lobbied to stay IF....? Do you know this? Is there a statement somewhere? I googled Karlos Dansby Cardinals Bengals and got...wait for it...nothing. No statements, no anything--just news reports.

Damn, Lew: you know your stuff for the most part, but enough of the trolling with this bullshit. Let it go.

You have said nothing of substance--just what is there to deny? And defend what? All you said was Karlos quietly left town and joined the Cards. Then you interjected suppositions based on complete conjecture. Then you double-down by saying he would have lobbied to stay IF....? Do you know this? Is there a statement somewhere? I googled Karlos Dansby Cardinals Bengals and got...wait for it...nothing. No statements, no anything--just news reports.

Damn, Lew: you know your stuff for the most part, but enough of the trolling with this bullshit. Let it go.
    ""It's time for me to go get a ring,'' Dansby said. "This is going to get me closer to my destiny and I'm cool with that.''

Dansby is hoping to sign with a Super Bowl contender such as the Bengals, Cardinals or Packers.

"Yeah, I think the Bengals are licking their chops right now,'' he said. "I hope they are. We'll see what it is.""

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/3/17...r-like-bengals

You are completely insane. '90's Syndrome has robbed you of any logic.
    Not at all. In the 90's we did not even draft well, at least we do that now. We used to be the laughing stock of the league now we are the drafting stock of the league. Draft good players but don't re-sign most so other teams can just pick them up. I will state one more time - Mike Brown does nothing to show he cares about winning. He does everything to show his business needs to turn a consistent profit every year. We do not even spend to the cap OR push contracts forward. That puts us TWO steps behind all other teams. It is a ######## joke at this point. ML spouting off that Mikey wants to win badly is hilarious.

Not at all. In the 90's we did not even draft well, at least we do that now. We used to be the laughing stock of the league now we are the drafting stock of the league. Draft good players but don't re-sign most so other teams can just pick them up. I will state one more time - Mike Brown does nothing to show he cares about winning. He does everything to show his business needs to turn a consistent profit every year. We do not even spend to the cap OR push contracts forward. That puts us TWO steps behind all other teams. It is a ######## joke at this point. ML spouting off that Mikey wants to win badly is hilarious.
    I don't think we've drafted very well in the past 3 yrs yrs. That HAS to change this year. We need a helluva draft this year. We can't afford a weak draft.

""It's time for me to go get a ring,'' Dansby said. "This is going to get me closer to my destiny and I'm cool with that.''

Dansby is hoping to sign with a Super Bowl contender such as the Bengals, Cardinals or Packers.

"Yeah, I think the Bengals are licking their chops right now,'' he said. "I hope they are. We'll see what it is.""

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/3/17...r-like-bengals
    Wonderful. There was never a question of what he said coming in...it was your conclusions of what he was stating/inferring heading out, of which there were none. As I said, let's let it go.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    Zeitler........wasn't worth the highest contract for a guard. Zeitler is above-average. He's not Hall-of-Fame talent though. Good work ethic, DeCastro in Pittsburgh seems to be better based on my perception. I could be wrong. Good luck playing for sucky Cleveland. I've never seen a team have one guard rally the team to a Super Bowl.

The Browns traded for Osweiler. The Texans receive salary cap relief. The Browns get a second-round pick and the opportunity to trade Osweiler to another team at a reduced salary. It's a weird win-win-win situation. The Browns will either trade or cut Osweiler.
    The Browns also signed Green Bay's starting center and re-signed Joel Bittonio. Along with Joe Thomas, they have just hugely upgraded their line. When I heard the Zeitler signing, I was in a car with hubby dearest driving to Cleveland so I got to hear all the Cleveland sports hype about these signings. All I could think was that it was Eric Steinbach all over again. As for the Osweiler trade, conjecture is that he will be traded or cut. Hubby's thought is to bring him into OTAs and see if he has anything. Before free agency, the Browns had $100 mil in cap space. Basically they bought a 2nd round pick for 2018 for $16 mil.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

The Browns offensive lines have, in recent years, been fairly solid. That isn't their problem on offense: it is meager RB's, no WR's (even worse now with TP heading off), and (obviously) no one under center. Their defense is also a disaster. So all of this talk of their "trending up" is amusing. ESPN will no doubt crown them the Kings of Free Agency (which they have won before).

Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    The Browns also signed Green Bay's starting center and re-signed Joel Bittonio. Along with Joe Thomas, they have just hugely upgraded their line. When I heard the Zeitler signing, I was in a car with hubby dearest driving to Cleveland so I got to hear all the Cleveland sports hype about these signings. All I could think was that it was Eric Steinbach all over again. As for the Osweiler trade, conjecture is that he will be traded or cut. Hubby's thought is to bring him into OTAs and see if he has anything. Before free agency, the Browns had $100 mil in cap space. Basically they bought a 2nd round pick for 2018 for $16 mil.
    Sounds like a great deal. I would have loved for Mike Brown to take on $16mill for a 2nd rd pick. It kinda resembles an NBA kinda deal. We don't see much of this in football and baseball.

Newsflash: when you don't have to pay a franchise QB and franchise WR it opens up a lot of avenues for you in FA.

of course the downside is, you don't have a franchise QB or WR.
    Last edited by spicoli; 03-11-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't think we've drafted very well in the past 3 yrs yrs. That HAS to change this year. We need a helluva draft this year. We can't afford a weak draft.
    IF our drafts have been average to poor over the last few years that SHOULD have made it all that more important to sign the free agents we had who have developed well. The Pats have had a lot of strikeout drfats over the past few years but the deal with it by cutting those picks quickly and finding players via free agency or trades. I doubt Belechick would have held onto Margus Hunt for more than 1 year.

The drfat is still a crap shoot even for good personnel departments. Our issues are beoyond drafting - it is recognizing poor players, dealing with it and getting onto the market for better ones.

Newsflash: when you don't have to pay a franchise QB or franchise WR it opens up a lot of avenues for you in FA.

of course the downside is, you don't have a franchise QB or WR.
    Small details. Because THEY SPENDZ TEH MONEEYZ!1!

I guess that I am a lifetime member of L.T.'s "90 syndrome brigade", but I have been around Mikey Brown's block oh so many times, that I feel, sense, and foresee exactly what's coming next.

You see, Mikey is like a corporate farmer who owns acres upon acres of prime fertile soil, but has found out that he can make almost the same amount of cash by taking government subsidies and not growing anything as he can if he had some pride, worked his land, and grew something that he would be remembered for. Mikey's life is centered around wealth, and nothing but wealth. I truly believe that if by some remote chance, the Bengals went to the S.B. and won it, that it wouldn't swell his pride for one moment. It would mean nothing to him.

What I see coming is a year just like the one when Caron Palmer found out exactly what his value was to Mikey. Instead of getting C.P. some help on the O -line, he went out and got T.O. to pair up with his other circus clown, Ocho Cinco just to fill up seats. That was the beginning of the end for a good Q.B. Dalton is going to have the very same experience this year. Mikey has just tied a couple of pounds of raw pork chops around Andy's neck and teams like the Squealers are licking their chops. I know it. I have already heard it.

Andy had better, one, go out and buy all the supplemental insurance he can buy, two, learn how to throw lying on his back, because that's where he's going to be all season, and three, talk to C.P. to gain all the insight he can on how to get out of the Nati.

As far as the 90's syndrome goes..... alright, let's just take a look at all of the milestones this franchise has accumulated since 1968. We have one, ONE, Hall of Famer in Anthony Munoz. We have two trips to the Bowl, but who was driving the bus in those years? Is there anything else? In almost 40 years, those three things are all we can boast about. Pretty slim pickins, eh?

Mikey has taken 25 years to field a team that even sniffed the play-offs, but he can dismantle one in two. He's doing it right now. You know and I know that the only help Andy is going to get is going to be some training camp cut signings. Guys who've been hurt, played their way out of their jobs, or they just plain suck. Here's my prediction, and I'm confident that all these things are going to take place. First, this team will not win more than 4 games this season. Two, Andy won't make it past week #6 before he's on the D.L. Three, we will be the owner of the first pick in the 2018 draft. The death spiral has begun, and another 25 years of futility is not only possible, it's damn probable, unless the "Old Fool" steps down and someone, anyone, in this organization starts to give a damn, have some pride, and make the whole purpose of owning the Bengals be about FOOTBALL, not just making money.

No one is putting a gun to your head to keep following them. Just sayin'

Mike Klis @MikeKlis
    Huge day for John Elway: Broncos have agreed to terms on 2-year deals with Bengals DT Domata Peko and Colts DT Zach Kerr.

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
    Domata Peko's 2-year deal is worth $7.5 million, with $3.8 million guaranteed in the first year.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/...ent-departures

This article is comical. Bengals 'concerned' they are losing top talent...duhh...

Letting the Broncos get Peko was the highlight of FA for me. At least this is one move I like and I'm laughing my ass off at how much the Broncos overpaid for a POS player.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/...ent-departures

This article is comical. Bengals 'concerned' they are losing top talent...duhh...
    As long as Mikey collects his subsidy check from the NFL, there is zero concern. This is precisely why the USSR collapsed. It is so laughable to hear the Commissar of Disinformation say we are out of money to sign free agents. We could sign anyone we like if we would actually get fu cking creative with deals and actually accept the fact some contracts will end up as dead money in future year. Who gives a rat's ass about future years. This is a win now league and Mikey does NOT get that.