Thread: Your Guess

Your Guess

The Bengals team is changing. More changes this year than there has been in all of Marvin's seasons. So the question is. Will the Bengals resign Marvin after this year or will he go like the others. Whitworth, Peko, Maualuga, and Zeitler.
    This year Marvin is forced to go young. The oldest part of the Bengals is the defensive line. Johnson 9th year, Atkins and Dunlap in their 8th year. Most of the team has 7 years or less in the NFL. I expect Pacman to be cut soon. So lets predict the starting lineup come 1st game of season.

Defensive/ Line Dunlap, Atkins, Billings and Clarke. I don't think Johnson holds over Clarke. /Line backers, Burfict, Minter, and Vigil. /Defensive backs, Iloka, Kirkpatrick, Jackson and Smith

Offensive/ Line Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Westerman and Smith. Fisher will still play backup. /RB Hill. Hill will be your running back most of the time because our OLine hasn't played together enough. So it will be power football with 2 TE sets all season. That leaves Green and Boyd. Dalton

The draft will bring offensive help. Look for two of three positions in first two round. OL, RB or TE

I think Marvin's gone after this year. The best sign of that is the fact that his contract is expiring. MB rarely lets a coach he wants to keep get down to the last year on a contract. Simply put he'd have extended him by now if he felt otherwise. It's entirely possible that Marvin's on board with this being his last year too. Expect a lifeless lame duck year

Barring a miracle run where we make it to the playoffs and then make a run (and actually win a playoff game), I think Lewis is done. It does seem like the Bengals are prepping for a new coach.

There is an overhaul on defense, the Bengals obviously think they are in re-load mode rather than in re-build. I would have sent Atkins and Dunlap elsewhere for draft picks. But we have 11 eleven incoming players and yet again, this draft seems like an average one.

Offensive Line: LT LG C RG RT
    Ogbuehi Boling Bodine Smith Fisher

TE: Eifert
    QB: Dalton
    WR1: Green
    WR2: LaFell
    Slot: Boyd

Defensive Line: End Tackle Tackle End
    Dunlap Atkins Billings Johnson
    Linebackers: WILL Mike SAM
    Burfict Minter Vigil

Defensive backs:
    Kirkpatrick
    Jackson

FS: Iloka
    SS: Williams

2011 was worse. Carson, Chad, and Owens, Dhani Jones, Keith Rivers, Jonathon Joseph gone. Actually, all 3 QBs were let go. Letting Evan Mathis walk with no offer. Jay Gruden brought in as OC.

2017: Dalton, Hill, AJ, LaFell, Boyd, Eifert, Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Smith, Fisher/Winston; Johnson, Atkins, Billings/Sims, Dunlap, Burfict, Rey, Vigil, Jones, Williams, Iloka, Kirkpatrick. I also see Shaw playing 3rd corner and Jackson filling in for Jones if suspended or let go. If he was going to be let go, it would have already happened. He's not going to be cut for lack of skill.

"Plus" players: Iloka, Kirkpatrick, Burfict, Atkins, Dunlap; AJ, Eifert, Dalton?. These guys aren't going anywhere. I put a ? for Dalton because QB is the most important positions on the field and should be always looked at.
    Positions with quality depth: CB, QB(currently), WR. I don't see any other backups at positions where the fans want to see players get opportunity.

Weak positions: LDE, MLB, WLB, entire OL, K. Positions where starters are not above average.

I am a fan of BPA in round 1 for any position where there is potential to play, and QB always. This year that's not CB, QB, or WR and unlikely DT, S. Everything else is in play.

From what I keep reading, this draft is full of quality defensive backs. It would not surprise me to see the Bengals choose yet another secondary player in the first round.

However, I finally want a day-1 starter. I'm tired of this red-shirt crap, you only have 5 years with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by puddycat View Post
    2011 was worse. Carson, Chad, and Owens, Dhani Jones, Keith Rivers, Jonathon Joseph gone. Actually, all 3 QBs were let go. Letting Evan Mathis walk with no offer. Jay Gruden brought in as OC.
    I have to disagree. Owens, Chad, Jones were done as far as NFL careers. The two receivers I believe made Palmer want out of Cincy. Joseph left because he believed we lost to much on offense. No OL, no QB, no veteran WR. To me we lost Joseph and Palmer.

I believe 2011 was the best year of coaching by the Bengals coaches since Wyche.

Well get within 100 seconds of the super bowl by some miracle and Marvin is extended another 5 years dooming us fans to purgatory b/c the playoffs will then slip ever further from our grssp....
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    I have to disagree. Owens, Chad, Jones were done as far as NFL careers. The two receivers I believe made Palmer want out of Cincy. Joseph left because he believed we lost to much on offense. No OL, no QB, no veteran WR. To me we lost Joseph and Palmer.

I believe 2011 was the best year of coaching by the Bengals coaches since Wyche.
    2009 wasn't too bad of a year coaching either. Something happened where Bratkowski was told to ditch his pass-happy offense and grind it out. Marvin Lewis.....has the ability to coach well and make necessary changes just enough to fake you out.

We probably should have just kept drafting offensive linemen in Round 1 or Round 2 every year to protect Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post

wasnt that the year of the lockout when whit and peko ran the offseason stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    You are right sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    Maybe we should fire the entire staff and just go without any coaches.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/16...-fast-physical

Yawn - another lame ML slogan...

Every year, the Cincinnati Bengals come up with a(n often-cheesy) slogan to don on t-shirts and other workout attire for the offseason training program.

The Bengals report to Cincinnati on Monday for voluntary offseason training activities (OTAs) and, the players will receive shirts that read “Smart. Fast. Physical.” when they arrive. That actually seems pretty fitting as the Bengals look to get younger and more athletic this offseason. The team has already followed this motto to an extent by cutting Rey Maualuga and moving on from Domata Peko in free agency. The draft will serve as another way for the Bengals to get smarter, faster and more physical as the team seeks to add young and athletic talent.

This is one of the more telling slogans the Bengals have used for their offseason attire in years.

“No matter all the other slogans, this is what it always gets back to for Marvin. He wants us fast, smart, and physical,” Bengals strength and conditioning coach Chip Morton told Bengals.com. “We want self-discipline from our players and accountability. An identity. This is who we are … Let’s keep the main things the main things. Let’s boil it down.”
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

At least it's better than "Do your job," which was comically uninspiring. Might as well have been "try not to suck today" or "pick up your paycheck on the way out."

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    At least it's better than "Do your job," which was comically uninspiring. Might as well have been "try not to suck today" or "pick up your paycheck on the way out."
    I wish he'd have a contest to let the fans come up with the annual slogan.
    I thought you made some fine nominees there...
    Dona eis Requiem

This year's slogan should be, "Don't get arrested," or "Women and animals are not punching bags."

'Play hard for the lame duck coach"
    "Save your sucking for the playoff game"

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    'Play hard for the lame duck coach"
    "Save your sucking for the playoff game"
    Lol if you hate this team so much why even bother with them?

I mean, what's the point if all they do is make ya miserable?
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

I like the team, hate the owner.

It does not make me miserable at all, it can be quite humorous at times. ML thinking he can coach this team to a SB, funny stuff man.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    I like the team, hate the owner.
    well ole Methuselah ain't goin nowhere...
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    Lol if you hate this team so much why even bother with them?

I mean, what's the point if all they do is make ya miserable?
    Those are horrible slogans!
    Dona eis Requiem

Jeez. That's even worse! You trying to prompt a team mass-suicide?
    Dona eis Requiem

Lol

"win one for good ole Methuselah...sometime in the next 880 years"

Paul Brown died when he was 82. Mike will turn 82 in August.

PB died too young, Mikey too old.

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    Paul Brown died when he was 82. Mike will turn 82 in August.
    yeah look how well that worked out for us