Thread: Dan Rooney passes....

Dan Rooney passes....

In case you haven't heard. Does this mean the Steelers win another manipulated Super Bowl? All jokes aside, what was his great contribution to the NFL?

From what I have seen..... it seems to be "The Rooney Rule". I.C.Y.D.K., it's when you are interviewing for a H.C., you MUST interview a minority. He was in reality, a rarity. He was a player's OWNER.

Lima will no doubt go on and on in adoration, as will the NFL, but he took a lot of things from his cigar-chomping Pop and used them (cue the expected non-sequitur of PB/MB) effectively. Having Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher helped a bit too. Plus the continuing assistance from the NFL in all things.

Even with unending abhorrence to all things Stealers, it is always sad when someone passes on. So, RIP, Dan.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

While Dan definitely got his good football genes from his Pops, our Mikey is the culmination of a one-night-stand with the Fuller Brush Man by Paul's wife while he was at an away game. Our dumb luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Lima will no doubt go on and on in adoration, as will the NFL, but he took a lot of things from his cigar-chomping Pop and used them (cue the expected non-sequitur of PB/MB) effectively. Having Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher helped a bit too. Plus the continuing assistance from the NFL in all things.

Even with unending abhorrence to all things Stealers, it is always sad when someone passes on. So, RIP, Dan.

Aren't you forgetting that I got kicked off the last board by your girlfriend, "IbleedBlacknGold", (or something like that) lol

I don't like the Steelers, but yes, I have always envied their organization, their identity and their success.

You can admire the Bengals organization, their identity and their successes if you want. That's cool.

I'll just remain an unfulfilled fan.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Aren't you forgetting that I got kicked off the last board by your girlfriend, "IbleedBlacknGold"
    LOL I don't remember that but, cool. Good for you. I do remember Sharm getting bumped for a few days for calling her IBleedMonthly"

You need to get your Cosell avatar back.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    LOL I don't remember that but, cool. Good for you. I do remember Sharm getting bumped for a few days for calling her IBleedMonthly"

LOL I remember that too.

You need to get your Cosell avatar back.
    I miss Scharm. We had some good debates. He was an able advisary.

Can't find that Cosell avatar and haven't bothered trying to make a new one since. lol

RIP ya bastard
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Aren't you forgetting that I got kicked off the last board by your girlfriend, "IbleedBlacknGold", (or something like that) lol

I don't like the Steelers, but yes, I have always envied their organization, their identity and their success.

You can admire the Bengals organization, their identity and their successes if you want. That's cool.

I'll just remain an unfulfilled fan.
    Your selective memory, or misappropriated association is once again on display.

If that Stealer witch bounced you--and frankly I don't remember--then it was something neither I or SC had any control over. That Stealer-loving upper level management controlled who stayed and who went. I went after her tooth and nail--as well as that Canadian Stealer nincompoop. I even got bounced for a while after the assassination game in '06.

Whatever...
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Your selective memory, or misappropriated association is once again on display.

If that Stealer witch bounced you--and frankly I don't remember--then it was something neither I or SC had any control over. That Stealer-loving upper level management controlled who stayed and who went. I went after her tooth and nail--as well as that Canadian Stealer nincompoop. I even got bounced for a while after the assassination game in '06.

Whatever...
    Once Marky mark took over that place went to hell. I also got banned. That is why this is here. I learned enough by being a super moderator and talking to Andrus that I pulled the trigger and bought the software.

I hated how Steeler fans would waltz into our forum, talk all kinds of shit and Bengal fans would get banned because "They insulted me". Total BS.
    Only users lose drugs

but as you noticed ..... we all got bounced together...

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    Once Marky mark took over that place went to hell. I also got banned. That is why this is here. I learned enough by being a super moderator and talking to Andrus that I pulled the trigger and bought the software.

Ever since Cincytalk, wherever PaulBrownBengal went....I was soon to follow. lol

Just saw this and thought of comments in this thread. Here's Howard Cosell commenting some great TV. Watch the first few minutes, Minnesota Fats is hilarious

Also pretty funny at the 8:00 - 9:00 mark
    Howard at the 30:00 mark "You speak with total clarity and absolute irrelevance".
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Just saw this and thought of comments in this thread. Here's Howard Cosell commenting some great TV. Watch the first few minutes, Minnesota Fats is hilarious

Also pretty funny at the 8:00 - 9:00 mark
    Howard at the 30:00 mark "You speak with total clarity and absolute irrelevance".

I remember one of those matches between Fats and Mosconi. Willy won the tournement and the trophy. When interviewed afterwards, Fats was irreverent. He said something like: "If I want a trophy, I could BUY a trophy. Mosconi can have a trophy, but he's afraid to play me for the 'Cheese'.(large monetary wager). He couldn't handle the pressure." lol