Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft Round One

Well that sucked

The only bright side to this pick is: Good luck covering Eifert, Green, and Ross on the field or trying to load the box up. Speed kills, 4.21, I hope he can take the top off of defenses.

Probably could have got him in the second round

What good is a deep threat when Dalton can't have clean pocket to make a 5 step drop back?

I'd have taken Howard, but if Ross is healthy...he and AJ together? Oh my.

What are the details of the KC trade to move up?

We do need speed WR'er to take pressure off Green. Hopefully our Ol is better than we think.

Son of a bitch! The Bengals should have taken that Buffalo trade!

Green, Ross, LaFell, Boyd, Core.

That's a solid WR corp. I hope Eifert stays healthy. The TEs are all good but he's so far ahead of all of them. Now what does Zampese do with all of it?
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Son of a bitch! The Bengals should have taken that Buffalo trade!
    If it was offered we were stupid to not take it. But KC also knew we would not draft a QB so they may not have made the offer
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post

That's a solid WR corp. I hope Eifert stays healthy. The TEs are all good but he's so far ahead of all of them. Now what does Zampese do with all of it?
    Celebrates

...and a good returner in Erickson.

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Back to the 90's
    Carl Pickens/Darnay Scott?

More like Rick Williams trade

there's a lot of really really good safeties and pass rushers available later on in this draft, there were really only a couple of players that had the ability to take it to the house and break a game open anytime they touched the football though...really, after McCaffrey was off the board, Ross, Mixon and Samual were the only 3 left....just think how fast this offense will be if they take Mixon at 41..
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Marvin jacks it up again with an injury prone WR. He fits right in. What a joke! I wanted Foster.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Idiots, we are driven by a bunch of idiots

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    If it was offered we were stupid to not take it. But KC also knew we would not draft a QB so they may not have made the offer
    Hobknob says the Bengals didn't get any calls while on the clock.

I hear you Spic, but, are you telling me they couldn't have trade down and got him in the KC spot or even waited until the second round. I am the biggest homer on this board - that was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    Hobknob says the Bengals didn't get any calls while on the clock.
    doesn't matter if we got the same deal. Ross would have been available at that pick. Take what you can get if that is your pick

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Not thrilled with this pick, but I get why they did it. I'm just glad they didn't take Reuben Foster.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

I find it hard to believe the Bengals didn't get any calls about trades... trades are happening all around them, unless teams just don't want to deal with Mike Brown.

How about making a call?

...and a good returner in Erickson.
    With the drafting of Ross, I'm thinking Erickson becomes strictly a returner, maybe play the Burkhead role of relieving Bernard for a few snaps once in awhile.
    Only users lose drugs

Please humor me, 188 lbs had microfacture surgery. He is one trick pony, maybe. He is not going across the middle - ever.

With the drafting of Ross, I'm thinking Erickson becomes strictly a returner, maybe play the Burkhead role of relieving Bernard for a few snaps once in awhile.
    Hard to believe that Cody Core is now pretty much the last WR on the roster given he actually started games last year.

Whats the over/under for Ross going on IR? I guess this means BPA is dead.

Please humor me, 188 lbs had microfacture surgery. He is one trick pony, maybe. He is not going across the middle - ever.
    Well he was healthy enough that he ran at the combine, and Marvin has been quoted as saying that he will be ready for the start of the season... I just fear he could be like Perriman has been for the Ravens, hurt all the time.

NFL Confidence Pool Champion
    Okay, I actually love this pick. Classic go big or go home. If he makes it through training camp, it will be great fun to watch Andy try to overthrow him two or three times a game.
    Bengal's Football - Welcome to pigskin purgatory!

The first shocker happens on the second pick. Every mock draft just got shot to shit.

I have a feeling that John Lynch as a GM is going to be more like Ozzie Newsome and less like Matt Millen.
    Agree.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Hard to believe that Cody Core is now pretty much the last WR on the roster given he actually started games last year.
    Cody Core probably won't even sniff the field now that we have Ross. God I hate this pick, you can get speed later in the draft.

I hear you Spic, but, are you telling me they couldn't have trade down and got him in the KC spot or even waited until the second round. I am the biggest homer on this board - that was horrible.
    Lap said they tried to trade out but got no takers so they took the kid they liked.

plus, I've had a feeling it was gonna be Ross for awhile now so I was prepared, lol..
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Yeah, but that was only due to injuries and he was AJs backup. Boyd stayed at the 3rd WR slot because he knew most/all of the inside routes and Core knew most/all of AJs routes. Basically he just went from 4th to 5th.
    Only users lose drugs

Running at the combine =s taking hits in the NFL.

Do you really want to quote Marvin?

I am more disappointed than the loss to the Stealers in the playoffs, hope I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gupps View Post
    Cody Core probably won't even sniff the field now that we have Ross. God I hate this pick, you can get speed later in the draft.
    I'm sorry I just can't get over how much a waste it is. AJ Green, Boyd, LaFell, Ross, Erickson, and Core are now your 6 WRs... and if Eifert is healthy, there isn't enough balls to go around, while the Bengals will continue to get eaten alive by other teams TEs and RBs in the short passing game, and opposing QBs can sit in the pocket without pressure.

I'm sorry I just can't get over how much a waste it is. AJ Green, Boyd, LaFell, Ross, Erickson, and Core are now your 6 WRs... and if Eifert is healthy, there isn't enough balls to go around, while the Bengals will continue to get eaten alive by other teams TEs and RBs in the short passing game, and opposing QBs can sit in the pocket without pressure.
    lol there are still a TON of pass rushers, LB's and safeties left in this draft. .

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    Lap said they tried to trade out but got no takers so they took the kid they liked..
    unbelievalbe, trades happening all around them and they can't make one. Not sure I buy this

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    lol there are still a TON of pass rushers, LB's and safeties left in this draft. .
    It doesn't matter, they just spent a top 10 pick on a guy that might see 25% or less of the snaps on offense when they could have gotten a 3 down player on defense.