Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft Round One

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    I'm sorry I just can't get over how much a waste it is. AJ Green, Boyd, LaFell, Ross, Erickson, and Core are now your 6 WRs... and if Eifert is healthy, there isn't enough balls to go around, while the Bengals will continue to get eaten alive by other teams TEs and RBs in the short passing game, and opposing QBs can sit in the pocket without pressure.
    Never been impressed with Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    Never been impressed with Core.
    Well he really impressed the coaches, that's why he got starts late in the season.

Welp, Hooker's off to Indy at #15. I miss Nelson.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    I'd trade to 12
    Should have traded with KC.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

It doesn't matter, they just spent a top 10 pick on a guy that might see 25% or less of the snaps on offense when they could have gotten a 3 down player on defense.
    Yeah, but 4.2 40!!!! And defense is overrated because 4.2 40!!!

Well he really impressed the coaches, that's why he got starts late in the season.
    He had 200 yards and 17 catches for the year. Really impressed who?

It doesn't matter, they just spent a top 10 pick on a guy that might see 25% or less of the snaps on offense when they could have gotten a 3 down player on defense.
    oh I'm sure they'll find ways to get him the ball besides just catching passes as a WR....I would guess only Green and Hill gets more overall touches as long as Ross can stay on the field.

I don't worry in the least bit about John Ross as a player, the kid is a flat out game changer....what I worry about is his (in)ability to stay on the field consistently.

we shall see.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

no he got starts because of injuries actually.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

True, Green was out.

He was a SIXTH Round pick. All of his receptions came in the last 5 weeks of the season. Compare that to Treadwell who was a first round pick from Ole Miss for the Vikings. Treadwell had 1 reception.

Core still started over the rest of the WRs on the roster NOT named Green or LaFell. That says a lot for a SIXTH round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    Hobknob says the Bengals didn't get any calls while on the clock.
    All that says is that the Bengals are difficult to deal with, something we've heard before.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

Yeah and Peko did a lot as a 4th round pick, how did that turn out?

They upgraded after losing two WRs last year.
    Only users lose drugs

pick is high risk for sure - I can see the rationale though i personally do not agree with it. Boom or bust but this pick also, at least to me, means no RB in round two. Not enough leather to go around.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Core still started over the rest of the WRs on the roster NOT named Green or LaFell. That says a lot for a SIXTH round pick.
    Green was out

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Okay, I actually love this pick. Classic go big or go home. If he makes it through training camp, it will be great fun to watch Andy try to overthrow him two or three times a game.
    I don't think Andy can as they won't be seam routes....unless Green runs a Corner route to clear the Safety. Just hope Bodine gets stronger.

Green was out
    Yes... and Core started over all the other WRs NOT named Green and LaFell.

Ross had 208 yard with 16 catches in 2013, 371 yards with 17 catches in 2014, DNP in 2015 and had 1150 yards with 81 catches last year.

One year wonder or the lights came on?

I just don't see a #9 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Yeah and Peko did a lot as a 4th round pick, how did that turn out?

They upgraded after losing two WRs last year.
    The Bengals also used a second round pick on a WR last year and just resigned their WR2 to a new 2 year contract after him putting up similar yardage and better TD numbers than the guy he replaced.

As I said, the biggest problem I have is that they used a top 10 pick on a guy that is going to see significantly less snaps on offense than a defensive player that they could have gotten that would have been a 2-3 down player.

As I said, the biggest problem I have is that they used a top 10 pick on a guy that is going to see significantly less snaps on offense than a defensive player that they could have gotten that would have been a 2-3 down player.
    but you can still get those guys later in this draft....the same can't be said about guys like John Ross though.

they said all off-season that they wanted to upgrade team speed in the draft so it shouldn't really come as a surprise when they start the process by taking a speed receiver, IMO.

but you can still get those guys later in this draft....the same can't be said about guys like John Ross though.

they said all off-season that they wanted to upgrade team speed in the draft so it shouldn't really come as a surprise when they start the process by taking a speed receiver, IMO.
    If the Bengals were smart, they would be doing whatever it takes to trade back into the first round to take McKinley right now.

If the Bengals were smart, they would be doing whatever it takes to trade back into the first round to take McKinley right now.
    I'd rather have Charles Harris but I wouldn't trade up to get him I don't think

I expected DE / LB as we're in need there, but this kid is a game changer. If he stays healthy, we'll all be happy with this pick. I was hoping Foster or Allan, but I'm excited about Ross. I say yea, OL is iffy, but with a kid like that, I think it actually HELPS the line because you can't rush / blitz too much with safeties occupying the fringes and Eifert killing over the middle. If Eifert and Ross are healthy all year, we'll be top 5 in scoring.

Ross is the same height/weight as Antonio Brown, hopefully Zampese will utilize him the same way the Steelers use Brown. If they were going to go for offense, I thought it would be OJ Howard. It will be interesting to see if they give an extension to Eifert.

And since the Bengals were obviously doing a lot of scouting of Washington, watch them draft Sidney Jones at defensive back. But it'll be a pass-rusher in round 2.

I'd rather have Charles Harris but I wouldn't trade up to get him I don't think
    He's gone. They had to replace Dion Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post

And since the Bengals were obviously doing a lot of scouting of Washington, watch them draft Sidney Jones at defensive back. But it'll be a pass-rusher in round 2.
    yeah I think Sidney Jones or Gareon Conley in R3..

He's gone. They had to replace Dion Jordan.
    Harris is a great player, that was a great pick for them.

Yes... and Core started over all the other WRs NOT named Green and LaFell.
    Starting means nothing. He had less reception and yard than Boyd or LaFell during the games he started while filling in because Green was out. I liked Wright more than Core.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    Marvin jacks it up again with an injury prone WR. He fits right in. What a joke! I wanted Foster.
    not only is Foster an injury risk but he's a headcase as well.....hell, he might still be sitting there when we pick in R2.

Wow the Raiders took a guy that is dealing with possible rape charges in the first round... some teams took him off their board entirely.

Just win baby!!

Wow the Raiders took a guy that is dealing with possible rape charges in the first round... some teams took him off their board entirely.
    Think Jameis Winston

Still no QB for the Browns...

I will admit it seems an unusual pick, especially for the Bengals but look at what Tyreek Hill did for KC last year. He changed their offense. But the main benefit of drafting Ross is the running game. With AJ and Ross out there no way anyone puts a safety in the box.

Also, Ross is a complete receiver, watch the tape. When they respect his speed playing back he runs great digs and curls. We would have gone WR last year but they all got taken ahead of us. If you are taking a top 10 pick you have to be getting something special and there is nothing more special than the fastest player in NFL history.

Tyler Boyd and Eifert with AJ and Ross? Dude. That's insane.

Lol, Browns just took Peppers. They are stacking up to play in our division for sure.

But JHill and Gio just got the biggest gift. This will help our run game so much. I am not worried about the injury knocks so much. He passed or we would not draft him.

And finally, I was confident that Foster would fall due to some insider stuff. I know his tattoo artist down in Georgia. Dude is a thug and Odell Thurman all over. I would love to have him obviously, best player in the draft, but he makes Pacman look like a kindergarten teacher. Seriously with him and Burfict other teams would not have even shown up without security guards. Maybe if he falls to the second round. If we could even get a year out of him. Wow.

I am predicting DE in the 2nd.
    2013 Whodey Keeper League Regular Season Champion
    2013 Yahoo Whodey League Regular Season Champion

Still no QB for the Browns...
    They drafted one last year. I don't get why people think they want another. Hue will want a veteran anyway.
    2013 Whodey Keeper League Regular Season Champion
    2013 Yahoo Whodey League Regular Season Champion

Browns just traded back into the first round.....Davis Webb is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    Browns just traded back into the first round.....Davis Webb is my guess.
    that's probably a good call

TE, I believe that is the pick the Steelers wanted.

Steelers take Watt's brother, if he turns out like JJ, the Steelers re-stocked the cabinet. Seems a little too high for a first round pick. 49ers trade back into the first round....Davis Webb, double or nothing now.

TJ Watt on one side and Bud Dupree on the other, they have a young corps of guys for the next few years. Could be rough for the Bengals if Cedric and Fisher don't get better quickly.