Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 195

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft Day Three

  1. #81
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 italian fan View Post
    elliott and not gonzalez?
    they had private workouts with Elliott....I'm guessing the 10 kicks of 50+ yards was the difference maker between the two.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 italian fan View Post
    elliott and not gonzalez?
    Has about the same measurables. Not a ton of difference.

    #defendseverypick
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  3. #83
    pick 176 give me one of these:

    McDermott
    Asiata
    Isidora
    Dielman
    Fuller
    Bisnowaty

  4. #84
    Well the Bengals drafted their new Gilberry, tough and consistent without being too flashy, Lawson. Great value pick. I'm not so sure about Malone unless they think he can be a special teams stud. He seems like a BPA pick. Glasgow is the meat in the middle, I'm guessing they are trying to replace Pat Sims with someone younger and cheaper. Eliott obvious fills a huge need and will hopefully be a 10 years guy in Cincinnati. So I'd agree with 3 of the 4 picks for the Bengals. I'd rate it pretty much the same as the rest of the draft in the B-B+ area.

  5. #85
    I definitely want Toth and Asiata. Ben Boulware would be nice to have to see if he can translate his college ability to the pros. I could see the Bengals taking Mike Tyson from UC.

  6. #86
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    pick 176 give me one of these:

    McDermott
    Asiata
    Isidora
    Dielman
    Fuller
    Bisnowaty
    I can't believe Asiata is still out there.....he was my 2nd favorite after Harlow.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  7. #87
    So much for Asiata...

    Also a few teams in the division took guys I liked. Browns took the CB from Houston Howard Wilson and the Steelers took QB Dobbs.

  8. #88
    dolphins just got Asiata

  9. #89
    Could they be thinking Elliot is about the same as Pelfry, only a stronger leg?

  10. #90
    Not the kicker I wanted but at least the position was addressed. Hopefully he has a long, successful career in Cincinnati.
    Only users lose drugs

  11. #91
    Sith Lord ralphmtsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida-- but pining for a real winter
    Posts
    5,875
    I love the Lawson pick. He was a late 2nd/ early 3rd in my book. Big motor guy. Seen a lot of him in the SEC.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

  12. #92
    Sith Lord ralphmtsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida-- but pining for a real winter
    Posts
    5,875
    Pederman?
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

  13. #93

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    Pederman?

  15. #95
    TRUE Conservative CinciFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,068
    Oh $h!t ... I literally made the same post as Ralph (other than I spelled the name correctly) ?

  16. #96
    my prediction for the next two picks: Elijah Lee in late 5th and Adam Bisnowaty in the early 6th. Not that it's even remotely possible to predict anything at this point.

  17. #97
    Peterman sent to Buffalo

  18. #98
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    Not that it's even remotely possible to predict anything at this point.
    yeah good luck with that lol
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  19. #99
    Insane, Jake Butt made over $500K from an insurance policy for falling to the 5th round.

  20. #100
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Insane, Jake Butt made over $500K from an insurance policy for falling to the 5th round.
    on a $25k investment.....not too shabby
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  21. #101
    The Azimuth Coordinator gupps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    354
    gotta center anyways

  22. #102
    Got a center, just not Toth.

  23. #103
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    Whoop whoop!! Day 3 Center
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  24. #104
    Well he only played 5 games last year because of injuries... and he isn't good at pass blocking. ESPN says he will be a good "versatile" backup. Sounds just like an Alexander project.

  25. #105
    I REALLY hope they take Kelly with the next pick.

  26. #106
    If he's better than Bodine, great. Mayock just said he slipped because he was hurt.
    Only users lose drugs

  27. #107
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    CBS has him at 136 overall but lists him as a tackle.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  28. #108
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    J.J. DIELMAN, OT
    A three-year starter at Utah, Dielman was a two-year starter at right tackle before accepting the move inside to center during fall practice prior to the 2016 season. He put together promising tape at his new position over the first month of his senior year before missing the final eight games of the season due to injury. Dielman has only average play strength, but competes with a stubborn attitude, using his lower body bend and aggressive upper body to snatch and sustain in pass pro or steer as a run blocker. Although he has the mental approach and skill-set to add depth at any of the five offensive line positions, Dielman's lack of length and functional power might eventually push him inside to center in the NFL.

    STRENGTHS: Impressive quickness from snap to contact. Efficient set-up with the knee bend to absorb and hold his ground. Lateral shuffle, flexible hips and agility to handle gap penetrators. Stubborn blocker to shock, keep spacing at the point of attack and finish with aggressive hands. Doesn't always look pretty, but works hard to gain proper angles and wall off run lanes. Climbs to the linebacker level and looks natural in space. Made the transition to center as a senior and made all the line calls. Displays the mental alertness to identify and pick up pressures. NFL bloodlines -- cousin (Kris) played nine seasons in the NFL for the Los Angeles Chargers, making four Pro Bowls. Senior captain and lunch pail worker, always focusing on the task at hand.

    WEAKNESSES: Lack of arm length masked inside at center, but still shows on occasion. Average-at-best functional strength. Wide, unskilled hand placement, leading to balance issues. Overeager upper body with a bad habit of falling off blocks and ending up on the ground. Late to detach himself on combinations. Lacks a stout base, struggling to anchor vs. bull rushers. Near maxed-out frame. Has only five career starts at center and missed most of his senior season due to a right foot injury
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  29. #109
    dielman was a tackle who moved to center successfully. Short arms limit him to the inside. But I think it's a really good pick.

  30. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    J.J. DIELMAN, OT
    A three-year starter at Utah, Dielman was a two-year starter at right tackle before accepting the move inside to center during fall practice prior to the 2016 season. He put together promising tape at his new position over the first month of his senior year before missing the final eight games of the season due to injury. Dielman has only average play strength, but competes with a stubborn attitude, using his lower body bend and aggressive upper body to snatch and sustain in pass pro or steer as a run blocker. Although he has the mental approach and skill-set to add depth at any of the five offensive line positions, Dielman's lack of length and functional power might eventually push him inside to center in the NFL.

    STRENGTHS: Impressive quickness from snap to contact. Efficient set-up with the knee bend to absorb and hold his ground. Lateral shuffle, flexible hips and agility to handle gap penetrators. Stubborn blocker to shock, keep spacing at the point of attack and finish with aggressive hands. Doesn't always look pretty, but works hard to gain proper angles and wall off run lanes. Climbs to the linebacker level and looks natural in space. Made the transition to center as a senior and made all the line calls. Displays the mental alertness to identify and pick up pressures. NFL bloodlines -- cousin (Kris) played nine seasons in the NFL for the Los Angeles Chargers, making four Pro Bowls. Senior captain and lunch pail worker, always focusing on the task at hand.

    WEAKNESSES: Lack of arm length masked inside at center, but still shows on occasion. Average-at-best functional strength. Wide, unskilled hand placement, leading to balance issues. Overeager upper body with a bad habit of falling off blocks and ending up on the ground. Late to detach himself on combinations. Lacks a stout base, struggling to anchor vs. bull rushers. Near maxed-out frame. Has only five career starts at center and missed most of his senior season due to a right foot injury
    ESPN says he is a porr pass blocker. That' not something I want to hear in a Bengals' O-lineman.

  31. #111
    war-damn-tiger #1 italian fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mantua, Italy
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    yep.....or they could also move Andre back to RT and Fisher to LT if they really had to as well.
    MMhh ... it sounds like a good plan (serious), so are you suggesting we go with 8 OLmen?

    3 OT: ogbuehi, fisher, winston
    3 OG: boling, smith, westermann
    2 C : bodine and johnson ?

  32. #112
    If he has to rely on Alexander to "coaching him up", he is in trouble.

  33. #113
    Dang Mike Tyson just went off the board...

  34. #114
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    ESPN says he is a porr pass blocker. That' not something I want to hear in a Bengals' O-lineman.
    they all have their opinions man....we won't truly know for sure until the pads come on.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  35. #115
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 italian fan View Post
    MMhh ... it sounds like a good plan (serious), so are you suggesting we go with 8 OLmen?

    3 OT: ogbuehi, fisher, winston
    3 OG: boling, smith, westermann
    2 C : bodine and johnson ?
    I'd say that's quite possible....Dielman to the PS
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  36. #116
    The guy they just selected doesn't even have a draft profile...

    Some of these late round picks kill me. Can this guy be better than Ben Boulware?

  37. #117
    Administrator Super Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    6,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    The guy they just selected doesn't even have a draft profile...

    Some of these late round picks kill me. Can this guy be better than Ben Boulware?
    Overview

    Evans followed in his father's footsteps as an all-conference player for the Sooners; Scott was a three-time all-conference defensive tackle for Oklahoma in the late 1980's. Jordan earned his own All-Big 12 honors the past two seasons, starting with a second-team effort in 2015 despite missing two games due to injury. (83 tackles, five for loss, sack, four pass break-ups). He was a second-team pick in his senior year, as well, leading the Sooners with 98 tackles and four interceptions (also had 10 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, and eight pass break-ups). Evans started all 13 games as a sophomore, making 93 stops, 6.5 for loss, and two pass break-ups, one year after contributing in eight games in 2013 (12 tackles, missed five with an injury).
    Analysis

    Strengths

    Carries prototypical NFL frame for the position with low body fat and good length. Flexible and athletic. Productive tackler. Able to turn the corner sharply and track down running backs looking to burst between the tackles. Plus reactive quickness for sudden lateral explosion as a tackler. Has the twitch-trigger to fire downhilll and make plays. Carries outstanding play speed and has the potential to range around the field if kept clean. Fluid cover man in space in man or zone. Possesses ball skills and physical tools to play all three downs. Had twelve passes defensed this season including four interceptions. Weaknesses

    Finesse player. Scouts say he turns down too many opportunities to bang when it is in front of him. Often at the mercy of blockers. Needs to play stronger to maintain control of the rep in run support. Struggles to leverage his gap. Inconsistent angles to the football takes him out of some plays. Needs to be a more squared, physical finisher as a tackler. Allowed too many missed and broken tackles this season. Draft Projection

    Rounds 5-6 Bottom Line

    Productive, three-year starter who will garner attention as a height, weight, speed prospect especially after his strong pro day workout. Evans may lack the physical nature to hold up inside so he may have to find his way as a backup outside linebacker. Evans has enough traits and talent to become an eventual starter if he can play with better toughness and consistency.

  38. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    Overview

    Evans followed in his father's footsteps as an all-conference player for the Sooners; Scott was a three-time all-conference defensive tackle for Oklahoma in the late 1980's. Jordan earned his own All-Big 12 honors the past two seasons, starting with a second-team effort in 2015 despite missing two games due to injury. (83 tackles, five for loss, sack, four pass break-ups). He was a second-team pick in his senior year, as well, leading the Sooners with 98 tackles and four interceptions (also had 10 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, and eight pass break-ups). Evans started all 13 games as a sophomore, making 93 stops, 6.5 for loss, and two pass break-ups, one year after contributing in eight games in 2013 (12 tackles, missed five with an injury).
    Analysis

    Strengths

    Carries prototypical NFL frame for the position with low body fat and good length. Flexible and athletic. Productive tackler. Able to turn the corner sharply and track down running backs looking to burst between the tackles. Plus reactive quickness for sudden lateral explosion as a tackler. Has the twitch-trigger to fire downhilll and make plays. Carries outstanding play speed and has the potential to range around the field if kept clean. Fluid cover man in space in man or zone. Possesses ball skills and physical tools to play all three downs. Had twelve passes defensed this season including four interceptions. Weaknesses

    Finesse player. Scouts say he turns down too many opportunities to bang when it is in front of him. Often at the mercy of blockers. Needs to play stronger to maintain control of the rep in run support. Struggles to leverage his gap. Inconsistent angles to the football takes him out of some plays. Needs to be a more squared, physical finisher as a tackler. Allowed too many missed and broken tackles this season. Draft Projection

    Rounds 5-6 Bottom Line

    Productive, three-year starter who will garner attention as a height, weight, speed prospect especially after his strong pro day workout. Evans may lack the physical nature to hold up inside so he may have to find his way as a backup outside linebacker. Evans has enough traits and talent to become an eventual starter if he can play with better toughness and consistency.
    Yeah I looked at his profile on other sites... but I thought it was funny that on ESPN they didn't have one.

    I'd still rather have Ben Boulware than this guy. Boulware is a football player... this guy screams Special Teams player first, LBer second. He ran a 4.51 forty time at the combine... so the Bengals are sticking to their new motto of wanting speed.

  39. #119
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,686
    Evans is a little thumper...a little undersized and quick as hell, he'd probably be really good in that hybrid LB/S role that they tried to get Mays to play there for awhile, plus he's a great blitzer....he's definitely got the quickness to be good in coverage.....CBS doesn't have a profile but they've got him 183 overall, we took him at 193.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

  40. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
    If he has to rely on Alexander to "coaching him up", he is in trouble.
    Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Rich Braham, Eric Steinbach, and Andrew Whitworth called...they want their coach's reputation back.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •