Thread: Cardinals release ILB Daryl Washington

Cardinals release ILB Daryl Washington

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Suspended for three years, 30-year-old Washington was surprisingly reinstated 16 days ago. In a statement, the team said it believed it was best to "release Daryl and give him the opportunity to continue his career elsewhere." Washington was a force before his marathon ban, but hasn't played a live snap since Dec. 29, 2013, and arguably has more off-the-field baggage than any player in the NFL. He will be up against it to get a second chance. Perhaps perennial risk takers Cincinnati, Dallas or Oakland will come calling.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Seems like a perfect fit.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

All of the other stuff aside, it is doubtful this team would have much interest. Already have Minter, and 3 seasons since playing last pretty much closes that door.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Nothing like the media throwing us under the bus! LoL As for Washington, no thanks. He's a little old now and been out of football for 3 years. We have upgraded our LB corp this year and see no room for him to try and make a comeback.

I agree. You want to show me that you WANT to play football? Prove it in the CFL for a year and then MAYBE get back to me.
    Only users lose drugs