Thread: Thanks again, Super Cat. Hope everything is going well.

Thanks again, Super Cat. Hope everything is going well.

Happy Solstice, everyone! I hope you all are enjoying the first day of Summer. A month or so and it's back to arguing about who should be the sixth WR . . . or do they keep seven WRs?

I've been staying at a place that's almost 18 miles off of the main road of a small town in the middle of the Alaskan woods. After a few week stretch of little to no rain here, it rained kind of hard for about 15 minutes last night and then stopped . . . my God did it smell amazing for a few hours. All of the leaves were dusted off and so were all of the wild Sitka roses which are all in full bloom right now.

I've lived in Anchorage for far too long. I need to be out where just going out to start your truck, you're re-entering the food chain.
    Only users lose drugs

There is something to be said, for spending some time away from what is normal and familiar.

It can be very good for the soul.

Hope all is well with you. And with you, SC, my good friend.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

We all need to take time and decompress with nature. The crap going on in the world today makes me want to go to the mountains and live like Grizzle Adams....

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    I prefer a quiet beach with a good book and a cold drink in my hand. Barring that, I can usually decompress on my front porch with a cup of coffee or a cold beer and a book.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

All is well. It looks like I may have this problem each year if I'm not checking my email. My domain was purchased through Melbourne IT which is in Australia. And my bank is proactive in stopping purchases outside the USA. So I ignored my email and this website so I didn't know we were offline. I apologize.

Nothing better than being out with nature. In the mountains, on the beach or in my own backyard. Watching TV anymore, you realize just how many stupid people there are in America.

Melbourne? Get Spotto to investigate!
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    Nothing better than being out with nature. In the mountains, on the beach or in my own backyard. Watching TV anymore, you realize just how many stupid people there are in America.
    Sometimes even the backyard isn't safe for our stupid Americans.
    Only users lose drugs

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    I'm sorry, that is too funny!
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Even if he hit the pool, it wasn't deep enough to change how hard his body hits the ground.

They did have the ramp / trajectory PERFECT !

SC, I have an account with Melb IT as well, can I help?
    Cheers for beers!

I wish I could say I have never done that but I can't....

Quote Originally Posted by Spotto View Post
    SC, I have an account with Melb IT as well, can I help?
    No everything is fine. I just forget each year I have to allow my credit card can to be used outside of the USA.

Jeesh, we're coming up on 9 years here? Cool.

Thanks SC !

Re: go live in the boonies? Nah, not me. I find peace and an antidote for the world's evils, by being with some of the vast majority of the world's people, who are kind and considerate and just want to live and let live. So a walk through a grocery store or a frosty pint at a bar with strangers is a great antidote to the sense of hostility and doom the news can engender.