Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Less than a week until training camp

Less than a week until training camp

I hope you all are prepared for training camp. Get ready to bring your A game, competition for board supremacy will be fierce. Fed-Ups vs Die Hards is still a solid camp battle that will normally bleed into and throughout the season.

The group of Dalton haters is still strong but they have slowly dwindled over the years and become not so vociferous, probably from being de-sensitized by Bengaldom more than anything else. Maybe we should call that condition Bengaldumb? I can often feel the IQ points draining off of me while watching ML coach a game.

I noticed that they've scheduled it at the PBS practice fields. Did they do that last year also or is this the first year of not going to Kentucky?

Marvin as a lame duck . . . will it matter? Is he just too clueless on how to be a game day coach or will he be able to "out-roster" the opponents into a winning record again?

O-line. That alone could be three or four pages here. It's the biggest question mark on the team outside of coach and maybe kicker.

I could see Cincy keeping seven WRs unless they find someone to replace Erickson. Ross, Mixon and Pacman could be the return platoon that could push one of the better performing players off of the roster
    Green
    Ross
    Boyd
    LaFell
    Core
    Malone
    Erickson?

Any other position battles of concern?

Thoughts/opinions/musings?
    Only users lose drugs

after the returns erickson performed in his rookie season they would be stupid to cut him ... so fully expect him to be cut.

i see lafell/core to be mostly the odd man out but fully expect injuries will define this group

safety to me is a concern i think they was out of position early last year, not keeping nelson was a mistake. i hope we dont see the same results with Whits departure this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    I noticed that they've scheduled it at the PBS practice fields. Did they do that last year also or is this the first year of not going to Kentucky?
    They haven't gone to Georgetown, KY in about 5 years.

Marvin as a lame duck . . . will it matter? Is he just too clueless on how to be a game day coach or will he be able to "out-roster" the opponents into a winning record again?
    Don't worry, I'm sure Mike will give Mediocre Marv another contract extension right before the season begins.

O-line. That alone could be three or four pages here. It's the biggest question mark on the team outside of coach and maybe kicker.
    I know they are having an open competition at kicker, but I've got to think it is Elliott's job to lose. I'll be interested to see if all of the offseason workouts that Ogbuehi reportedly did will help his game (he is said to have done MMA-style training to toughen up).

I could see Cincy keeping seven WRs unless they find someone to replace Erickson. Ross, Mixon and Pacman could be the return platoon that could push one of the better performing players off of the roster
    Green
    Ross
    Boyd
    LaFell
    Core
    Malone
    Erickson?
    I think Core is the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure Mike will give Mediocre Marv another contract extension right before the season begins.
    I'm not so sure about that. I think Mike is finally in "Let's wait and see" mode. I think a playoff win is mandatory before another contract is discussed.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    after the returns erickson performed in his rookie season they would be stupid to cut him ... so fully expect him to be cut.

i see lafell/core to be mostly the odd man out but fully expect injuries will define this group
    Even if he's beaten out by Core and Malone, you can't cut LaFell. You'll won't get another FA worth a shit to ever sign here for awhile. The drafting of Malone may turn out great, but it put a log jam at the end of the roster that didn't need to be there, imo. Core played pretty good as a fill-in #2, he easily could have held up the #5 slot. There were other spots that needed attention, like safety.
    safety to me is a concern i think they was out of position early last year, not keeping nelson was a mistake. i hope we dont see the same results with Whits departure this year.
    I wanted Hooker in the first round, and was initially upset with the Ross pick but after I read more about him and reflected on my six year mantra "AJ Green and a bunch of #4 WRs" J. Simpson, Caldwell, Sanu, M. Jones . . . Boyd is better than all four of them and Ross is presumably more dangerous than Boyd so I was OK with passing on a stud safety . . . which why I question the Malone pick. Either no safety was available that they rated higher than Fejedelem or they felt that Malone might eventually push Boyd and couldn't pass up the potential. I trust Duke Tobin. Now THAT is a guy that I want signed long term.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. I think Mike is finally in "Let's wait and see" mode. I think a playoff win is mandatory before another contract is discussed.
    It should be like that but this is Mike Brown we're talking about here. Don't fool yourself. One thing about MB is that he won't change. Don't think that he's now someone he wasn't 5 yrs ago

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It should be like that but this is Mike Brown we're talking about here. Don't fool yourself. One thing about MB is that he won't change. Don't think that he's now someone he wasn't 5 yrs ago
    Are you kidding! Mikey is going all in for a championship before he dies. It is OBVIOUS by his many slick moves this off season - using all the cap space and some in the future, signing those key free agent OL, making the necessary coaching changes - yup, he is all in.

Meanwhile, Marvin is compiling his list of rookies that he knows he won't play even if they are better than veterans and they will all go to the IR in due time.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

If they cut Erickson, he would immediately become a 1000 yard receiver with New England. lol

Only way Core gets cut is if he is hurt and misses a bunch of training camp. Him and Malone are the perfect type of guys to be gunners on the punt team. I'd also like to have that kid from Houston Brandon Wilson on special teams. He has so much speed and size to be a Pro-Bowl special teams player.

very nice to see...

Vontaze Burfict in 'tremendous shape' as Bengals report to camp

if he stays healthy and plays all 16 games, that defense could be elite.
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Ross, Eifert and Gio all cleared to start TC
    “We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” --Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Kumerow got hurt first day... such a shame I think if the dominoes had fallen right he could have been a contributing member to the team at some point.

can't make the club from the tub...

The NFL Network predicted the Bengals to go 6-10... and Heath Evans predicted them to lose the first 4 games. Do they even pay attention to the Bengals? They gave zero reasons for why they thought the Bengals would do so badly... how sad. These people do ZERO research on the Bengals when they do these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    The NFL Network predicted the Bengals to go 6-10... and Heath Evans predicted them to lose the first 4 games. Do they even pay attention to the Bengals? They gave zero reasons for why they thought the Bengals would do so badly... how sad. These people do ZERO research on the Bengals when they do these things.
    It really is pathetic.

just like you said....zero research to go along with zero effort and zero shits given.

Unless the OL surprises, 6-10 is realistic. Mikey still has not learned that all the weapons in the world mean shit unless you win the trenches. If we had Rusell Wilson at QB we may have a chance but nay other QB may get killed behind this OL. Fischer already getting scolded by ML for getting knocked around.

The Bengals never get ANY respect from the NFLN-- especially their studio turds. OL can't get much worse than last year, so I think there is a bounce back of sorts. Speed kills, and we have speed. That will do a lot to cover up the deficiencies of the OL. The defense is going to be better as well. I think they will start 2-0 for sure. Look, they play 2 teams out of the gate who have QB issues. Flacco has a back problem and we don't know who Houston will be starting. I'm in the 10-6 camp. AFC teams who made the playoffs last year that I see having major drop offs are Miami, Houston and Kansas City. AFC South is putrid and Tennessee may walk away with the division. We will be in the thick if the playoff hunt and right on the heals of the Steelers.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Unless the OL surprises, 6-10 is realistic. Mikey still has not learned that all the weapons in the world mean shit unless you win the trenches. If we had Rusell Wilson at QB we may have a chance but nay other QB may get killed behind this OL. Fischer already getting scolded by ML for getting knocked around.
    gimme a break.....the only way we see another repeat of last year is if we have a mass injury situation that includes AD and we go through a bunch of kickers.

even last year with as bad as the o-line played and missing Tez, AJ and Eifert for big chunks of the season, they still likely would have been a WC with a decent kicker....think about that for a second.

I'll go on record now and predict that OGB actually finishes with a higher PFF grade at the end of the season than Whit does this year in LA, and they won't miss a beat at LT.

I couldn't care less about what happens in underwear practice, RT will work itself out one way or another...likely with Fish showing much improvement with steady playing time from day one and another off-season under his belt.

I seriously have ZERO worries with this OL, I think they all step up and will be much improved from last year.

my only concern with this entire group stems from the HC, but I actually think they might have enough talent this year with the right mix of vets/youth to overcome his ineptitude.

I'll go ahead and pick them to win the division even in Rapistberger's swan song season....no clue what happens in the playoffs and really couldn't care less until that game actually kicks off.
    Last edited by spicoli; 07-31-2017 at 07:32 PM.

I cant see how the OL can even be close to last year. Perhaps by year end if things start to come together. But the two tackles are newbies so they WILL struggle. Bodine is still the suck , we lost Zeitler and I have zero confidence Smith can play more than a few games. The so called stars will have to align for this OL to be even average. If the Ravens or Steelers had this OL situation we would be licking our chops. The second problem on offense is - i have little confidence in Zampese using all the weapons and being creative in a game plan with a weak OL, especially with ML pulling his puppet strings.

Could be wrong, hope I am wrong but I see better than i hear.

I am hopeful that ML will let Guenther run the D the way he wants, I think he is far more aggressive and can use guys like Lawson to create mis-matchs, etc. The D has a nice balance of youth and experience.

to everyone excited about our skill positions and speed.

unless our OL is better then last year. expect pressure and minimal running lanes from base 4 linemen. leaving 7 to contain and defend the pass. then if we can manage to get in the redzone the 7 defenders will have even less to defend and just like last year we will resort to trickery and gadget plays.

hope i am wrong but i just dont see it yet.

I can think of several teams whose offensive lines were factually worse than this team's a year ago--and still were playoff teams. Seattle's was quantomly worse, to name one. Green Bay was another. Seattle did it--not with Russell Wilson-but with a great defense. GB did it with skill position--the chief being their QB.

Would anyone care to challenge that this team does not have sufficient talent in those categories to do the job?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

to everyone excited about our skill positions and speed.

then if we can manage to get in the redzone the 7 defenders will have even less to defend and just like last year we will resort to trickery and gadget plays.
    you ever stop to think that maybe that was because of a lack of weapons more than any other thing?

i have little confidence in Zampese using all the weapons
    he's been calling plays for one year.....and what exactly did he have to work with last year?

CJ Uzomah, rookie Tyler Boyd and NE cast-off Brandon Lafell.....you don't think things would have looked a little different with a healthy AJ and Eifert out there together? ....especially in the redzone?

I cant see how the OL can even be close to last year.
    well they gave up what, 44 sacks last year? most in the league whatever the number was.....and you think what, they're going to give up 60-70 this year lol? cmon man, that's just not how things generally pan out.....guys can improve, things can get better....and they will.

you'd think by listening to some of you that vets are just supposed to play forever and teams are never allowed to move on...or if they do, they can never be as good.

that's just not how it works.
    Last edited by spicoli; 08-01-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    I can think of several teams whose offensive lines were factually worse than this team's a year ago--and still were playoff teams. Seattle's was quantomly worse, to name one. Green Bay was another. Seattle did it--not with Russell Wilson-but with a great defense. GB did it with skill position--the chief being their QB.

Would anyone care to challenge that this team does not have sufficient talent in those categories to do the job?
    Wilson and Rodgers are far better QB's under pressure than Dalton. Far better QB's period. If we are spending $5-$10M per year LESS on the QB position than we should have put more of the resources into a OL. We know Dalton is not good under pressure, Wilson is often better under pressure than with time. I am not knocking Dalton here, but he is what he is. He needs good line play to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    he's been calling plays for one year.....and what exactly did he have to work with last year?

CJ Uzomah, rookie Tyler Boyd and NE cast-off Brandon Lafell.....you don't think things would have looked a little different with a healthy AJ and Eifert out there together? ....especially in the redzone?

well they gave up what, 44 sacks last year? most in the league whatever the number was.....and you think what, they're going to give up 60-70 this year lol? cmon man, that's just not how things generally pan out.....guys can improve, things can get better....and they will.

you'd think by listening to some of you that vets are just supposed to play forever and teams are never allowed to move on...or if they do, they can never be as good.

that's just not how it works.
    Thanks Marvin - "Guys can improve and they will" - Just like Bodine has improved? Sometimes guys don't improve. And this team has a strong tendency to keep players even when they fail to improve or when they start to decline. I did state that the OL MAY come together at some point but is unrealistic to expect them to be good at all for some time. Too many changes and too many questions.

I will say it is kind of sad that when the Bengals drafted back to back tackles two years ago, we all thought the line would set for the next 4 years, yet here we are arguing over if the O-line is going to be the weakness of the team.

Oh... and NUGE IS BACK.....

...in the NFL with the Giants.

Look, there are ways to cover up OL deficiencies. First, Dalton has one of the fastest releases in the NFL. I think only Brady is faster. Dalton is also one of the better rhythm QBs in the NFL. Sure, he is no Rodgers or Brady, but I think he's better than Wilson. He's the 2nd best QB in the division. He's not chump change back there. Second, for pass protection, you can uses the tight end or h-back to help the tackle by chipping on a block. If you know your weakness, come up with ways to cover it up. Third, go more up tempo. By going up-tempo, you lock defenses into certain player groupings. Finally, encourage teams to blitz. QBs love to see a blitz b/c they know there will be at least one 1 on 1 option if not more. Does the OL suck? Yes. Guess what, we all said that about Pisspukes OL last year. They had huge question marks. Guess what, they were able to pull it together. Finally, the Patriots always find a way to put together a solid OL with a bunch of no-names. Our OL doesn't have to the 1988 version of the OL. They just have to be competent. Skill players will take care of the rest.

Dalton is no where near Wilson in pressure situations and big games. Wilson gets BETTER in those situations. I agree that we don't need nor should we expect our OL to be elite. However, defenses today are as smart as offenses and as much as we will want to 'hide' our OL deficiencies, the defenses will work to expose them. I hope they can be average this year but one has to be realistic and having three new players there, one returning player who sucks and a HC who loathes creativity and is horrible at in game adjustments - these are not good indicators of success on the OL for this season. Hopefully, Anderson can stop talking about Bodine long enough to coach up the two tackles who need it. Our coaches have a hard enough time assimilating new players slowly let alone quickly.

The OL right now is a huge red flag for this team, brushing it off is just wearing blinders.

Dalton is no where near Wilson in pressure situations and big games.
    Dalton has won plenty off big games and has made plenty of key throws to do it......you can NOT put all of their playoff losses on him.

it took Matt Ryan quite a few years to win a playoff game, you think that's all his fault?

Wilson has lost playoff games and has looked like shit in a couple of those losses....you gonna put those all on him?

Rapistburger looked like dogshit the year our defense imploded in the playoffs.....if Hill doesn't fumble and Pitt loses that game do you blame Rapist?

stop acting like the QB position is holding this team back, it's not...not even close actually.

Dalton is no where near Wilson in pressure situations and big games. Wilson gets BETTER in those situations.
    Please stop with this complete and utter bullshit. The Seahawks almost won two Super Bowls in a row . . . but they didn't. I wonder what stopped them from winning it back to back?

Marshawn started running like Jeremy Hill and the Seahawks went from 13-3 to 12-4 to 10-6 to 10-5-1 last year without him. Pass attempts in that time went up from 407 to 452 to 483 to 546 last year. Dalton has thrown over 500 passes in a season four times(1st 3 seasons), 481 once and 386 in just over 12 games two years ago. Wilson's a lot like a young Roethlisburger. The more he's asked to do, the less they win. He had the top scoring defense 3 years in a row(2012-2014) and the last two years they "fell" down to #2 scoring defense.

I live in Alaska and that is considered Seahawks territory so I see 12-16 Seahawk games a year. What's that? Dallas at Green Bay? Sorry! You're getting the Bears at Seattle. Falcons at the Saints? Nope! Try Seahawks @ Jaguars. Wilson is a damn good QB, but he's not why they win games. He makes a lot of bonehead plays too, but also, like a young Roethlisburger, his amazing defense erases many of those mistakes.
    Only users lose drugs

I agree the OL is a red flag. I've marked as my #1 issue heading into the season with 2 bullets. I am concerned about it, but I suppose my bar is so low for them, it would have to take a complete meltdown for me to be disappointed. I guess none of us will know until we play games that matter.

I'm pinning my hope to a defense that I EXPECT to be top 10 if not type 5 in scoring defense. Over the last half of the season, they were one of the best defenses in terms of points against. If anything, this defense is better than last year. Peko and Maualuga are gone. Minter seems to be a major upgrade in the middle while William Jackson has had a strong couple of practices so far. Of course, Burfict is back and available from week 1. I'm also excited about Lawson-- who might be the steal of the draft for us and give us a complimentary DE with Dunlap. The Broncos won a Super Bowl 2 years ago with a horrendous OL but a strong defense-- also not to mention a gimp at QB in that Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    Dalton has won plenty off big games and has made plenty of key throws to do it......you can NOT put all of their playoff losses on him.

it took Matt Ryan quite a few years to win a playoff game, you think that's all his fault?

Wilson has lost playoff games and has looked like shit in a couple of those losses....you gonna put those all on him?

Rapistburger looked like dogshit the year our defense imploded in the playoffs.....if Hill doesn't fumble and Pitt loses that game do you blame Rapist?

stop acting like the QB position is holding this team back, it's not...not even close actually.
    I am not. I simply accept Dalton for what he is. Fact is, if there was a playoff game to be played i would take Wilson of Ben hands down to play it over Andy. Not blaming him entirely, i am simply saying the others have proven to be at a higher level (not perfect) in big games. IMO Dalton needs a good OL, he is ineffective without one - others like Rodgers, Brady and Wilson can get by with a weaker OL.

And Hill fumbled so why keep saying "if he did not then..". He fumbled, another key suck moment by a player in our recent playoff history. The team has been rife with players who do not make key plays at key moments to win playoff games. Coaches as well of course. I am not even sure how this can be debated. It is 100% fact. Might as well say the earth is 10,000 years old. Good players step up at key times to win big games - this is our pro sports works - champions play as such they dont back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    I agree the OL is a red flag. I've marked as my #1 issue heading into the season with 2 bullets. I am concerned about it, but I suppose my bar is so low for them, it would have to take a complete meltdown for me to be disappointed. I guess none of us will know until we play games that matter.

I'm pinning my hope to a defense that I EXPECT to be top 10 if not type 5 in scoring defense. Over the last half of the season, they were one of the best defenses in terms of points against. If anything, this defense is better than last year. Peko and Maualuga are gone. Minter seems to be a major upgrade in the middle while William Jackson has had a strong couple of practices so far. Of course, Burfict is back and available from week 1. I'm also excited about Lawson-- who might be the steal of the draft for us and give us a complimentary DE with Dunlap. The Broncos won a Super Bowl 2 years ago with a horrendous OL but a strong defense-- also not to mention a gimp at QB in that Super Bowl.
    If ML lets Guenther play the best players we could be a great D.

The OL is certainly a concern. They've had all year to address it. Hopefully improvements in other areas can balance out what we lose on the OL, if anything. It's too early to panick. Let's see what we've got

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The OL is certainly a concern. They've had all year to address it. Hopefully improvements in other areas can balance out what we lose on the OL, if anything. It's too early to panick. Let's see what we've got
    Yes. too early to panic but also too early to simply assume the OL is fine.

Dalton needs a good OL, he is ineffective without one - others like Rodgers, Brady and Wilson can get by with a weaker OL.
    then how do you explain last year with no weapons, no running game and no oline? and I'm not talking about the w/l record, I'm talking about his ability to hang tough, read the defense under pressure and complete over 65% of his passes while throwing a career low in INT's......again, even with all the stupid shit they had to overcome last year, if they had just made some ####ing kicks they would have been a WC team at worst....and Andy would have been the reason for that.

and you are absolutely high if you think Brady doesn't need a good oline in front of him to be successful....the dude is a freakin statue back there and doesn't have even close to what could be considered a "quick release" .....the thing that makes Brady successful and has always made him successful is the fact that more often than not, the guy has all day to sit back there and scan and throw....when he gets pressured it usually ends in a sack/fumble or an INT.

and give me a break with that Russel Wilson garbage...the guy's played a few good games on some GREAT overall teams (so did Colin Kaperdick once for that matter) but when the talent level hasn't been up to that early standard they set when he broke into the league, he's played some real stinkers for sure.

IC with the predictable obfuscation: the point was (and I repeat), the OFFENSIVE LINES on Seattle and Green Bay were suspect--née substandard--and yet still made the playoffs.

But since IC is going to get stuck on QB's--again predictable--let me toss in two more playoff qualifiers with so-so to substandard offensive lines: Houston and Detroit. How did they get there? Again, either very good defense and/or offense skill position. Want to bring up QB's again?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

I guess we will all have to wait and see - I won't mind eating crow if we actually win a playoff game or even make the playoffs. I simply don't trust theses coaches (or most of them) to put the right players in, to coach them up and to utilize them to their strengths and hide their weaknesses. Lets's see if marvin still 'eases' rookies in like Mixon even when they are clearly better then guys like Hill. I am a realist and I can't change to an optimist until Marvin proves he can change.

The O-line isn't a concern to me, it's just a question mark at this point. Let's see how they look in pre-season. Here's my post after Ogbuehi's only start at LT last year.

So I played the game back again as background noise and paid attention to Ogbuehi whenever Cincy had the ball

I'd give him a B plus, maybe an A- because Houston has one tough D.

Both of the sacks he gave up will not be acceptable in Cincinnati until they shore up the interior O-line. If Dalton were allowed to step up in the pocket, both of those sacks would have been pass rushers being pushed around a QB but since Bodine and/or Zetler is often pushed back 5 or 6 yards within one to one and a half seconds, Ogbuehi can't allow people to speed rush the edge. That's impossible. Whit would have most likely given up sacks on those plays. It doesn't matter if it's big Vince Wilfork or a LB, Bodine is pushed back towards the QB on pretty much every passing play.

Most of the game, CO held Clowney in check and was called for zero penalties against a pro bowler. He occasionally had a problem staying with his blocks when they tried an inside move and the Bengals ran to the right. They would just keep heading down the line and just about all that Ced could do was hold but he stayed with them, riding them right down the line towards the ball carrier. When they came straight at him or to his left on running plays to the right, they were out of the play.

He looked way more comfortable at LT against a Pro Bowler than he did at RT against the teams #2 pass rusher. I'm not declaring that the worry of him playing at LT should be forgotten about, but he looked better than he has all season.

Don't forget, the next/last game we all saw the O-line looked awesome(CO did not play and CJ Johnson played pretty good at LG in the 2nd half). Burkhead was running much better than Hill, who sat on the sideline thinking "Follow the FB? What the Hell is that?" I'd take Burkhead over Hill today and I'd DEFINITELY take Mixon over either one of those two. My only question about Mixon is "How much was he asked to pass block at Oklahoma?" Carson Palmer lasted 3 1/2 games after Rudi left mainly because Chris Perry was running out for a pass too soon or was just plain choosing the wrong man to block. Gio senses/reads that part of the game very well. Hill, not so much

I'm pretty confident that Andre Smith can handle the step down from RT to RG. I'm still shocked at the contract that Zeitler got for never sniffing the Pro Bowl. Average player on his good days, vastly overpaid. Playing RT is more difficult than playing RG so I'd call that replacement an upgrade. I could be wrong.

Oh, yeah. One of the other question marks also looked awesome during that last game . . . Ken Zampese. That was his smoothest called game all season long. Let's see what he does with Mixon and Ross added and with hopefully a healthy AJ, Gio and Eifert.

My only two real concerns are the obvious Head Coaching position and Safety and now Iloka is out for most of pre-season, if not all of it? Great. Williams is our most experienced Safety and he was easily my least favorite defensive starter last season and yes that list does include Maualuga, who appears to be out of football.

My list of concerns/questions
    1)Head Coach
    2)Safety
    3)Kicker
    4)O-line
    -
    -
    -
    5)Health of last years injured players and Ross
    6)Mixon's pass blocking abilities are a mystery to me

To be honest, I think this roster is pretty ####in' solid outside of those few question marks.
    I love their depth at CB.
    LB looks improved with Minter over Maualuga and Vigil or Lawson over Dansby.
    DL with Willis, Glasgow, Billings added and Peko gone.
    WR is probably looking deeper than at any time in the Dalton/Green era.
    Injuries to the TEs last season showed that they have quality depth.
    Mixon and Bernard are up there with Brooks and Ickey with hopefully a motivated Hill providing depth.
    Dalton and McCarron are both very dependable and both know the system inside and out.
    Huber and Erickson/Ross/Mixon/Pacman cover 2/3 of Special Teams just fine.

Shit, I'm all pumped up now. Let's do this!
    Only users lose drugs