Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Baby Hawk calls it a day

  1. #1

    Baby Hawk calls it a day

    Andrew Hawkins earned his master's degree from Columbia during the offseason, and signed with the defending champions a week later.

    Now, he's graduating from professional football.

    Hawkins announced Tuesday via UNINTERRUPTED that he is retiring from the NFL after six seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns. Hawkins is ending his career before camp with the New England Patriots begins, citing his not feeling physically ready for training camp at 31 years old.
    more

    Congrats to him. I loved watching him as a Bengal and was sad when he left. He was one of the few Bengals that could get open with any regularity. I looked forward to see what he could do in New England with Brady, oh well. He got some good money and is very prepared for life after football.
    Only users lose drugs

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_hungover View Post
    Andrew Hawkins earned his master's degree from Columbia during the offseason, and signed with the defending champions a week later.

    Now, he's graduating from professional football.

    Hawkins announced Tuesday via UNINTERRUPTED that he is retiring from the NFL after six seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns. Hawkins is ending his career before camp with the New England Patriots begins, citing his not feeling physically ready for training camp at 31 years old.
    more

    Congrats to him. I loved watching him as a Bengal and was sad when he left. He was one of the few Bengals that could get open with any regularity. I looked forward to see what he could do in New England with Brady, oh well. He got some good money and is very prepared for life after football.

    I agree. Hawk was near my favorite player while here. He was clutch and sustained many drives with some big 3rd down receptions. We would not have gotten to the playoffs, one year, without him. He was a good person, also.

  3. #3
    Better player than his garbage bother Artsmell Hawkins, one of the worst Bengal picks in history seeing how he was picked right before Brian Kelly, Samari Rolle, and Patrick Surtain.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tibor75 View Post
    Better player than his garbage bother Artsmell Hawkins, one of the worst Bengal picks in history seeing how he was picked right before Brian Kelly, Samari Rolle, and Patrick Surtain.
    as bad as a draft pick his bother was, he is still 10 times a better person and 20 times better player now then you ever was at playing football on your best day.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tibor75 View Post
    Better player than his garbage bother Artsmell Hawkins, one of the worst Bengal picks in history seeing how he was picked right before Brian Kelly, Samari Rolle, and Patrick Surtain.

    At least, Artrell Hawkins could tackle...on a team where nobody could tackle. And he was better than his running mate - Rod "toast" Jones.

    Hawkins played hard, giving up his body, late into 3-13 seasons, when everyone else was phoning it in.

    Couldn't catch a cold, but a good guy.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    At least, Artrell Hawkins could tackle...on a team where nobody could tackle. And he was better than his running mate - Rod "toast" Jones.

    Hawkins played hard, giving up his body, late into 3-13 seasons, when everyone else was phoning it in.

    Couldn't catch a cold, but a good guy.
    I've never seen a CB with tighter coverage that would just watch the ball into the receivers arms. Too bad he never learned from Louis Breeden, paraphrasing here "The ball is more important than the man. It is your biggest enemy." Artrell never understood that. He focused on the tackle after the catch more than trying to prevent the catch.
    Only users lose drugs

  7. #7
    In the minority shebengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Posts
    1,338
    FWIW-Artrell's son is going to Penn State.

    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ate/555495001/
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

    "The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •