Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pre Season Game #3 Bengals vs the Washington NFL Team

I am so sick of seeing his extremely poor clock management. It's dumb shit like that that keeps this team down. No direction or clue by the so called leaders.
    Only users lose drugs

Defense dominates initially and then becomes a serious BEND and then break, typical.

Noticed on a carry for no gain that Ogbuehi totally whiffed. He should be called Olayhi. Olay!

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    Defense dominates initially and then becomes a serious BEND and then break, typical.

Noticed on a carry for no gain that Ogbuehi totally whiffed. He should be called Olayhi. Olay!
    That's a big thing with Marvin Lewis led teams. Too many times they aren't able to put their foot on the throat of the opposing team and end up getting complacent.

Marvin left his coke straw in his nose.
    Only users lose drugs

Bengals will still probably keep the rookie but Bullock seems pretty reliable. Hopefully last years kicking disasters are behind them.
    Only users lose drugs

Willis with the all out effort sack and forced fumble.
    Only users lose drugs

That's not good. Pretty hard to keep Eliott when he is missing kicks that Bullock is making. Maybe they can find a trade partner for him?

Ruh-Roh, Elliot. You were just a 5th round pick . . . you are expendable.
    Only users lose drugs

I wonder how the kid in Cleveland is doing? He was the consensus #1 before Cincinnati took Elliot.
    Only users lose drugs

How the fu ck does a guy go totally unblocked on a punt?

Again, best time for shit like this to happen.

Any chance they cut Hill and keep Carson or Williams?
    Only users lose drugs

Wow what a bad read by McCarron. He threw into triple coverage while a guy was open on the sidelines.

first couple teams looked good....scrubs looked like scrubs..

pretty predictable really....they'll be fine if they can stay healthy.

starting oline is starting to figure it out it looks like to me, btw.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    That hand shake by Mediocre Marv and Gruden looked like they do not like each other. What is up with the same starters getting injured all the time? Burfict jumping into stands was Idiotic! Looked like he hurt his back there. A lot of holding and pass interference not called.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Is it just me, or does our offense look like they have zero sense of urgency? So sick of seeing play clock go all the way down to zero. Hell, McCarron's int should have been a delay of game penalty. Why is Marvin so afraid of going with an up tempo offense? He's so freaking predictable. Play it conservative, close to the vest. There is no killer instinct with the offense. Plod along. Take play clock to the limit. Have nice time consuming drives that result in nothing. I'm not asking for Chip Kelly, but I sure would like to see some crispness to the offense.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

The game will be on again at 4:00 AM on NFL Network and also on Wednesday at 1:00 pm, both times EST.
    Only users lose drugs

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    Is it just me, or does our offense look like they have zero sense of urgency? So sick of seeing play clock go all the way down to zero. Hell, McCarron's int should have been a delay of game penalty. Why is Marvin so afraid of going with an up tempo offense? He's so freaking predictable. Play it conservative, close to the vest. There is no killer instinct with the offense. Plod along. Take play clock to the limit. Have nice time consuming drives that result in nothing. I'm not asking for Chip Kelly, but I sure would like to see some crispness to the offense.
    or just occasionally line up and go just to make the defense pay attention the 1st 20 seconds of the play clock.

After watching that game, I'm completely convinced our OL is not a problem. The biggest problem with this team is our coaching and their style of coaching. They coach as if not to lose. They never coach to win. I'm not a fan of grinder games. I don't like to keep things close and then hope to pull out the game at the end. Game plans need to have killer instinct. Be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Dictate and not be passive.

Marvin post-game quote “Again, I thought, again it was a long time ago now. From what I can remember, I was pleased at that point. We just have to keep going. You know,"..... damn, he's sharp.

I was pretty much ok with the first teams performance. Looked good to me.
    3rd string qb has some tools. He could morph into an effective starter. Ryan Fitzpatrick with abetter arm
    Dona eis Requiem

Except being unable to win the game by putting the ball in the end zone with a 1st and goal from the 8...he did just fine.

Go with 2 QB's and try again with someone else next season.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    That hand shake by Mediocre Marv and Gruden looked like they do not like each other. What is up with the same starters getting injured all the time? Burfict jumping into stands was Idiotic! Looked like he hurt his back there. A lot of holding and pass interference not called.

I noticed that "cold shoulder" hand shake, also. I even reversed to see it again. After that, ML stopped and greeted a 'Skin's intern very warmly.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Except being unable to win the game by putting the ball in the end zone with a 1st and goal from the 8...he did just fine.

Go with 2 QB's and try again with someone else next season.
    Hes got a lot of work ahead of him, no doubt.
    And my only impression of him was this game. I was mainly referring to what i thought I saw in terms of physical skills. Moxie intangibles who knows?
    Dona eis Requiem

Gotcha. That last set of downs completely soured me on him. Of course, he was with his fellow scrubs, but those four downs were simply awful from an execution standpoint. That was the closest thing to a layup to be given anyone--and zip took place.

A good barometer as to just how effective he can be when he has to go out there for real. Wouldn't waste a roster spot on him...just go with 2 QB's.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Gotcha. That last set of downs completely soured me on him. Of course, he was with his fellow scrubs, but those four downs were simply awful from an execution standpoint. That was the closest thing to a layup to be given anyone--and zip took place.

A good barometer as to just how effective he can be when he has to go out there for real. Wouldn't waste a roster spot on him...just go with 2 QB's.
    They were able to do the QB read option all the way down the field, I'm not sure why they gave up that up at the 8 yard line, or atleast used it as some sort of play action fake to hit a TE in the middle of the field.

He completely missed a receiver at the goal line (cannot recall what down it was) in order to attempt a progression of that read-option. He is just a free-lance, almost all-run, type. I wish he were a Bobby Douglass sort...but he's not even that good to hold a valuable roster spot.

He completely missed a receiver at the goal line (cannot recall what down it was) in order to attempt a progression of that read-option. He is just a free-lance, almost all-run, type. I wish he were a Bobby Douglass sort...but he's not even that good to hold a valuable roster spot.
    On our last play there was an open receiver at the goal line. Instead of firing it in there he lofts a prayer to a double covered guy at the back of the end zone. Dumb decision

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    On our last play there was an open receiver at the goal line. Instead of firing it in there he lofts a prayer to a double covered guy at the back of the end zone. Dumb decision
    Ahem.
    At least it wasn't a pick six, lol. I wouldn't shit can a guy based on one play. But maybe one play defines you this liw on the depth chart this late in preseason.
    Which begs the question of how much talent is missed every year by every team. It is what it is i spise.
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    Ahem.
    At least it wasn't a pick six, lol. I wouldn't shit can a guy based on one play. But maybe one play defines you this liw on the depth chart this late in preseason.
    Which begs the question of how much talent is missed every year by every team. It is what it is i spise.
    I'm not shit canning him at all. I'd like to keep him for after McCarron leaves. There's just so few opportunities for us fans to evaluate these guys. You can't very well evaluate NFL QBs on how they run the read option

I don't think Driskel can replace McCarron as the back-up. I still think McCarron will be with the Bengals next year since he didn't accrue a year's service as a rookie.

And that is why they should go with two QB's.

Driskel is going to be picked up by somebody if they cut him. Well, I will be surprised if he is not. I am shocked McCarron is not asking to be traded. I guess ole boy does not want to start somewhere.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Given he hasn't looked that much better than Driskel this preseason, I doubt few would be listening to any plea for a trade.

Why does anybody give a tinkers damn about these backups anyway? There will be more next preseason.

I just thought driskel was an interesting talent. Wtf dude, now we can't talk about bengals players?
    Dona eis Requiem

That question is not called for. Talk about 2nd and 3rd string QB's all you wish.

Given he hasn't looked that much better than Driskel this preseason, I doubt few would be listening to any plea for a trade.

Why does anybody give a tinkers damn about these backups anyway? There will be more next preseason.
    So he is playing with the First Team all the time? I am starting to think he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter anyways due to he does not care to move on. He does not have that killer instinct or wanting to prove something. I have said so many times the best position to have in the NFL is backup Millionaire QB. You do nothing except hold a clip board and make millions.

being under a rookie contract he dont have much choice ..either accept the millions and do what the bengals want, or cry about it and take a chance at losing millions when he is a UFA, remember teams pay extra for team players.