Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Burfict Facing ANOTHER Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    I would tell him "Right or wrong, you are being scrutinized. Don't blast a guy away from the play just because he's an easy target." "You weren't even drafted by any team over 7 rounds because of all your personal fouls in college.

(By the way, I guess the evil NCAA must have also conspired against Burfict. lol)

I would tell him to think about all of the personal fouls he has accumulated (watch the film) and adjust his game to prevent his self from being thrown out. It really isn't that hard if he can control himself. Think of the team.

If he balks and continues to play the same way, as a coach I would have to decide how much I would want to pay a partial season contributor.
    So he was just supposed to hang back and let the FB make the catch. Maybe the question is how much to pay a defender who is being hamstrung by the league. I can't for the life of me see anything wrong with his approach on this play. Can you?
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    So he was just supposed to hang back and let the FB make the catch. Maybe the question is how much to pay a defender who is being hamstrung by the league. I can't for the life of me see anything wrong with his approach on this play. Can you?
    All I know is that BEFORE he came into the league, every team in the NFL passed on him seven times in the draft, for the very same reasons - his personal foul's cause him to get suspended.

He is a marked man, like it or not, right or wrong. If he refuses to adjust, then he is not going to get to play much.

Bitching about the league is not going to change that. Only Burfict, himself, can change anything.

He can review film of every play that he has been called on, both in college and pro, and see if he could have done anything different.

It might suck, but what other options are there?

The NFL can be consumed in a volcanic blast...but that option is, unfortunately, out of our hands.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Two years ago, Burfict singlehandly denied the Stillers a super bowl title - injuring Rapistberger, Bell, and Brown.

It made him the most hated player in the league.

And a Bengal legend. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    All I know is that BEFORE he came into the league, every team in the NFL passed on him seven times in the draft, for the very same reasons - his personal foul's cause him to get suspended.

He is a marked man, like it or not, right or wrong. If he refuses to adjust, then he is not going to get to play much.

Bitching about the league is not going to change that. Only Burfict, himself, can change anything.

He can review film of every play that he has been called on, both in college and pro, and see if he could have done anything different.

It might suck, but what other options are there?
    Once again, he got one personal foul penalty last year and that's with his being the focus of every official's attention. That's as clean as it gets in the NFL. Tell me how you figure that he refuses to adjust?

He has adjusted yet the league is still on his case. That's the rub

Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Ben could have really hurt that guy the way he was twisting and rolling up his leg.

that's unbelievable....had Burfict done ANY of those things, he'd be suspended for the rest of the year and on his way out of the league.

Sadly it's all too believable.

Quote Originally Posted by UKTiger View Post
    Sadly it's all too believable.
    agreed.

so does anyone here still not believe that Burfict/Bengals are being held to a different standard??

i hope his attorney sends them in to the league . with a note ; we'll be watching to see if we need to file discrimination suits or if there is equal punishments, these players clearly did what you accused my client of doing , which videos proved he didnt.

The Commissioner just sent the Lombardi Trophy to Pittsburgh as punishment.

Shazier has repeated behavior even though nothing was done about the hit to Gio. Which was a rule violation despite the announcers and other people saying otherwise. You would think the league would make an example and punish someone for head-hunting a quarterback like Shazier did to Kizer. Shazier should have been ejected for that. Also, if I'm a member of the Browns, I'm up in his face pushing him after he does that to my teammate.

Roethlisberger should also get a huge fine. In no way should a player try to intentionally hurt another player. NFL won't do anything, obviously news outlets don't care.