Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Burfict Facing ANOTHER Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Burfict is the best "half season" linebacker in the NFL

They need another good "half season" LB to replace him yearly.
    Figured you would side with the corrupt NFL. They are always right, of course.

Your hero, Mike Mitchell, should have a 20-game suspension by now...but your pure-as-the-driven-snow league just seems to miss his act, wouldn't you say?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

It is a reasonable discussion on cost/benefit for a future LARGE contract. Tough call - inspirational leader, talented but has had some injuries (concussions as well) and is a walking red flag from the league's perspective. Regardless of what we all think of his suspensions, they have happened and there very well could be more. Cost/benefit analysis is tough on this one.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Suspension reduced to 3 games. That still ####ing sucks especially given how rough the first 4 games of the year are.

I think the NFL planned this all along. Give him a 5 game suspension and then still suspend him for 3 games or so to punish him and the Bengals but still save face. Fu cking crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Fu cking crooks.
    No truer words
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

The Bengals and the front office really need to take a stand on this. I'd protest by forfeiting the 4th preseason game, and tell the NFL they fear losing players to injury or suspensions in a meaningless game.

This is total BS, 3 games for a hit that was not illegal. NFL is out for Burfict and/or the Bengals.

MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Unbelievable and on top of that the Stoolers picked up Haden.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

NFL will NEVER let the Bengals win anything significant......it is what it is, I suppose.

The NFL will have its select demographic it will allow to be competing for the SB. There will always be a consistent "final four" (if you will)--but that group may trend in and out, depending on how well they meet the sales quotas. The present group--NE, DEN, SEA, GB--may be rotational with the new money-makers ATL and the old reliables Stealers, NYG, DAL, and maybe the Rats every so often.

The rest will simply be Milwaukee Bucks-type filler teams...just those to play the straight man in the playoffs. Yes, our lads will just be that type.

It is for these examples that I have gone from enthusiastic fan, to disillusioned, to indifferent, to now openly hostile towards this farce of a sport.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Figured you would side with the corrupt NFL. They are always right, of course.

Your hero, Mike Mitchell, should have a 20-game suspension by now...but your pure-as-the-driven-snow league just seems to miss his act, wouldn't you say?

What is it you always say gov'nor ? "Non sequitor", or something like that. I don't know a lot of legalese.

Just stating THE FACT that Burfict never, or rarely plays a full season, do to injury or (usually) suspension.

I think the rules suck, but Burfict can either adjust or watch games on TV.

The fact that he's a marked man seems to be lost on him. If he was truly a "team guy", I would think that he would try to stay in the game.

Also not familiar with Mike Mitchel,, whom you referred to as "my hero"

Sure.. It's all about "adjusting to the rules"...even when they are an inconsistent moving target. You know someone with that sort of perfection? That's right..they all play for your favorite team in Western PA. Mike Mitchell and Ryan Shazier are the embodiment of that perfection.

Sure.. It's all about "adjusting to the rules"...even when they are an inconsistent moving target. You know someone with that sort of perfection? That's right..they all play for your favorite team in Western PA. Mike Mitchell and Ryan Shazier are the embodiment of that perfection.
    You can bitch about it all you want and Burfict and Pac Man can refuse to change....and what will it get you?

And your personal attacks on me don't bother me. lol

You can bitch about it all you want and Burfict and Pac Man can refuse to change....and what will it get you?

What was burfict supposed to do differently on that particular play? What would you tell him ss a coach?
    Dona eis Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    What was burfict supposed to do differently on that particular play? What would you tell him ss a coach?
    Let the FB hit you and take an NBA style flop.

Never thought of that. Hmmm.

Well, I am offended by the direct adjective "your" being directed my way!

Now please excuse me, I have to go rename a USC mascot...because it's name offends me too.

Marvin was pretty specific defending Burfict, detailing where he did not break any rules on each point of the new rules, e.g., he hit from the front since his shoulder went into the numbers of the opposing player, etc. etc. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ous/613100001/

He called the ruling ridiculous. Do the Bengals sue?

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    Marvin was pretty specific defending Burfict, detailing where he did not break any rules on each point of the new rules, e.g., he hit from the front since his shoulder went into the numbers of the opposing player, etc. etc. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ous/613100001/

He called the ruling ridiculous. Do the Bengals sue?
    For once the management team, including and especially Brown,, needs publicly vociferously and aggressively fight this with every fiber of their being.
    IMHO this "ruling" is a bunch of crap.
    Dona eis Requiem

Mikey is far too comfortable napping in the corner office to raise a stink.

The NFL is joke. Jon Runyan is the NFL man that handed out the suspension. In his letter to Burfict, he goes on and on about his cheap hits the last couple of years.... Flash back to 2007-2008, Shawn Merriman and other defenders names "Jon Runyan" dirtiest player in the NFL.... I'm pretty sure Bill Romanowski is in charge of player conduct!

For once the management team, including and especially Brown,, needs publicly vociferously and aggressively fight this with every fiber of their being.
    IMHO this "ruling" is a bunch of crap.
    I agree with you it's a bunch of crap. However, just what exactly is MB supposed to do? Take it to court? Many have tried already and it has been tossed out or the courts are to busy with real problems and uphold the sentence...

Quote Originally Posted by sandwedge View Post
    I agree with you it's a bunch of crap. However, just what exactly is MB supposed to do? Take it to court? Many have tried already and it has been tossed out or the courts are to busy with real problems and uphold the sentence...
    Well if too many cases start going to the courts, eventually the government might get fed up enough to tell the NFL to get their shit together or they lose their federal anti-trust exemption.

I would tell him "Right or wrong, you are being scrutinized. Don't blast a guy away from the play just because he's an easy target." "You weren't even drafted by any team over 7 rounds because of all your personal fouls in college.

(By the way, I guess the evil NCAA must have also conspired against Burfict. lol)

I would tell him to think about all of the personal fouls he has accumulated (watch the film) and adjust his game to prevent his self from being thrown out. It really isn't that hard if he can control himself. Think of the team.

If he balks and continues to play the same way, as a coach I would have to decide how much I would want to pay a partial season contributor.

Basically, just stop playing then?

Why don't you watch this "hit"--still not being rule defined by the omniscient NFL--and then piously tell everyone what he should or shouldn't do?

And wtf seriously is this odd statement about the NCAA? They never had one movement against him plus or minus.

Basically, just stop playing then?

Why don't you watch this "hit"--still not being rule defined by the omniscient NFL--and then piously tell everyone what he should or shouldn't do?

I was asked what would I tell him if I were the coach.

Quit being an ass.

Didn't Burfict only have ONE PF last year? Seems to me he has adjusted how and when he hits.

"Ass"? when you make unsubstantiated nonsense statements like:

"(By the way, I guess the evil NCAA must have also conspired against Burfict. lol)"

They didn't--and they never so much as acted in any way plus or minus against him. And I am the "ass"?

It's OK. I am not going to respond to your commentary on this any longer. You know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
    Didn't Burfict only have ONE PF last year? Seems to me he has adjusted how and when he hits.
    yes, that's exactly right....one penalty the entire season last year.

Game has changed so players need to adapt. Players like Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu would also have trouble these days as a lot of their big hits are illegal by today's standard.

Adapt or leave - same for the players, same for the coaches, same for the fans.

For me personally, the game is being ruined by all the frivolous calls and coaches challenges more so than it is taking away the big hits.

I STRONGLY urge ML and the Bengals to DEFY the NFL and play Burfict. Give them the big middle finger. Time to stand up for what is right instead of deferring to the cock suckers in the NFL.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

lol....tell us how you really feel ralph

No rule was broken. It was a football play. NFL is out to get Burfict and the Bengals. Time for Mikey to stand up to Goodell. He is his boss after all. We need Bob Kraft, Jerry Jones and Mike Brown to tell Goodell to stop it with his power trip over player discipline. In any new CBA all player discipline for ANY infraction should be heard by an arbitrator selected by the NFL, NFLPA and yes, the fans. Anyone that forks over a dollar to the NFL should have a say in how the game operates. It is after all for our entertainment. Minus our dollars, the NFL dries up and withers.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Quote Originally Posted by sandwedge View Post
    IMHO, I would go to court over this one. Marvin is on the rules committee and he said it was a legal hit, he laid it out step by step in the link I posted in a previous post.

Burfict is being targeted by the NFL and the press, some of it is justified, e.g., his ball grabbing and ankle twisting, some of it is not, i.e., the hit on Brown was a football play. The fact he only had one penalty called on him last year is proof he has or is definitely trying to clean up his act.

If the ball were thrown to the FB and Burfict didn't hit him he is 30 yards downfield. Exactly what many of you have complained about, not being able to cover the backs and TE.

This was a football play, no flags with 2 officials looking at the play and the FB, can't remember his name, saying it was a legal hit.

If the Bengals accept this ruling they are saying Burfict is a dirty player, which will be magnified by press with every hit Burfict makes, and also says Marvin does understand the rules that he emphatically stated.

Let the courts decide.

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    IMHO, I would go to court over this one. Marvin is on the rules committee and he said it was a legal hit, he laid it out step by step in the link I posted in a previous post.

Burfict is being targeted by the NFL and the press, some of it is justified, e.g., his ball grabbing and ankle twisting, some of it is not, i.e., the hit on Brown was a football play. The fact he only had one penalty called on him last year is proof he has or is definitely trying to clean up his act.

If the ball were thrown to the FB and Burfict didn't hit him he is 30 yards downfield. Exactly what many of you have complained about, not being able to cover the backs and TE.

This was a football play, no flags with 2 officials looking at the play and the FB, can't remember his name, saying it was a legal hit.

If the Bengals accept this ruling they are saying Burfict is a dirty player, which will be magnified by press with every hit Burfict makes, and also says Marvin does understand the rules that he emphatically stated.

Let the courts decide.
    I said in another thread that he should do it, but it is because of the NFL's unfair attitude towards him it will cost him millions of dollars in his next contract. Teams are going to low-ball him because of fear that the NFL will be watching him more than all other players looking for a way to suspend him.

It would be similar to the Maurice Clarrett case, where Clarrett, the NFL was stopping him from making a living, but in Burfict's case the rules are a lot more arbitrary, allowing too much room for individuals and the NFL to biased.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Mikey is far too comfortable napping in the corner office to raise a stink.
    lol

You forgot about him counting up his extra GM Bonus too.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

I have said it so many times over the years, Goodell is a Stooler! Anyway he can help stop a conference opponent from beating his Stoolers he will do it. No matter how little it may seem. Also, look all over the internet with Stooler fans and they will say Burfict is the dirtiest player in the NFL and deserves everything he gets in punishments. Is that the Pot calling the Kettle Black or what?

I would tell him "Right or wrong, you are being scrutinized. Don't blast a guy away from the play just because he's an easy target." "You weren't even drafted by any team over 7 rounds because of all your personal fouls in college.

(By the way, I guess the evil NCAA must have also conspired against Burfict. lol)

I would tell him to think about all of the personal fouls he has accumulated (watch the film) and adjust his game to prevent his self from being thrown out. It really isn't that hard if he can control himself. Think of the team.

If he balks and continues to play the same way, as a coach I would have to decide how much I would want to pay a partial season contributor.
    Lima, since when are 5 game suspensions handed out for unflagged plays in the preseason where no blows to the head occurred? The NFL doesn't get a pass on this because it's Burfict. They still have to have a reasonable case. Burfict only had one personal foul last yr. He's not the out of control player he's made out to be

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Game has changed so players need to adapt. Players like Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu would also have trouble these days as a lot of their big hits are illegal by today's standard.

Adapt or leave - same for the players, same for the coaches, same for the fans.

For me personally, the game is being ruined by all the frivolous calls and coaches challenges more so than it is taking away the big hits.
    Once again Burfict's one PF for all of last yr shows he's adapted. Quite frankly if his play vs KC is a suspendable offense then there will be suspensions after every NFL game this season

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Lima, since when are 5 game suspensions handed out for unflagged plays in the preseason where no blows to the head occurred? The NFL doesn't get a pass on this because it's Burfict. They still have to have a reasonable case. Burfict only had one personal foul last yr. He's not the out of control player he's made out to be
    Very well sald