Results 1 to 39 of 39

Thread: Preseason Game #4 Bengals at Indianapolis

  1. #1

    Preseason Game #4 Bengals at Indianapolis

    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  2. #2
    I know it isn't related to this game, but the Steelers just signed Joe Haden... FU CK. And, he signed for less just to play for them.

  3. #3
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    I know it isn't related to this game, but the Steelers just signed Joe Haden... FU CK. And, he signed for less just to play for them.
    Joe Haden hasn't been good for a while, I wouldn't get too worked up over it.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

  4. #4
    decent pressure will make most dbs look good id say pit will supply better pressure then clevland did he'll probally be decent if healthy.

  5. #5
    if i was the bengals in response to the Burflict BS i'd sit anyone that has a chance at making the team. in fact for the 1st 3 series i'd be tempted to tell my offense to go out and take a knee in victory formation while burning every available second, and i'd tell the defense to line up on the bengals side and not even try to cover or tackle. you dont want take any chance to get another BS suspension/injury.

    screw them, make a bold statement rather then quietly taking the leagues shaft AGAIN.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    if i was the bengals in response to the Burflict BS i'd sit anyone that has a chance at making the team. in fact for the 1st 3 series i'd be tempted to tell my offense to go out and take a knee in victory formation while burning every available second, and i'd tell the defense to line up on the bengals side and not even try to cover or tackle. you dont want take any chance to get another BS suspension/injury.

    screw them, make a bold statement rather then quietly taking the leagues shaft AGAIN.
    Why do that? Do something more symbolic and for one play out of solidarity, have the entire team come onto the field for a play and take the penalty for it. I mean EVERY player line up across the line of scrimmage.

  7. #7
    12 + man penalty would make a joke outta what you want to accomplish because as soon as the offense broke the huddle they'd stop play. it would be a 5 sec blink.
    and 1 play? its the 4th preseason bs game anyway.

    i do like the every player part though .

    my way you'd have dead air, no action, 3 times per series for 39 seconds each play on offense hell do it 4 times and hand them the ball. on def 1 play td then you go back to dead air , no action.

  8. #8
    Sith Lord ralphmtsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida-- but pining for a real winter
    Posts
    5,925
    Let's just be like the Cowboys and Texans. Cancel the game so those players from S.E. Texas can go home. No need to play this shitty game.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker57 View Post
    if i was the bengals in response to the Burflict BS i'd sit anyone that has a chance at making the team. in fact for the 1st 3 series i'd be tempted to tell my offense to go out and take a knee in victory formation while burning every available second, and i'd tell the defense to line up on the bengals side and not even try to cover or tackle. you dont want take any chance to get another BS suspension/injury.

    screw them, make a bold statement rather then quietly taking the leagues shaft AGAIN.
    I approve this message.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  10. #10
    MFB wants $$$ not wins! TigerJ@w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,433
    Do anything to send a message to that scumbag Goodell! I do not care what it is. Medicore Marv is too scared to do it though.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

    Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

  11. #11
    Anyone else having technical difficulties>?

  12. #12
    TD Bengals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northern Kentucky, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Posts
    2,465
    Evans and Willis impressive so far.

  13. #13
    Replay on NFL Network tomorrow morning at 7:30 EST. This is the only repeat of the game
    Only users lose drugs

  14. #14
    Jordan Evens really looking like a better Taylor Mays for third down/nickle LBer.

  15. #15
    Holy cow those moves by Williams were Mixon-like!

  16. #16
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,820
    I know he's had a great pre-season, but does anyone here really trust Bullock? he's no spring chicken, I'm guessing he's had more than a few really good pre-seasons in his illustrious career.

    Bullock is what he is....a journeyman....I think I might be tempted to hold onto the kid instead, if I were in charge..
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

  17. #17
    spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Side Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,820
    I seriously think Ross blew out his left knee...
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    I seriously think Ross blew out his left knee...
    I certainly hope not. The broadcasters didn't seem to worried about it.

  19. #19
    So much for having to worry about Driskel. They'll put him on IR for the year and McCarron won't be traded.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    Bullock is what he is....a journeyman....I think I might be tempted to hold onto the kid instead, if I were in charge..
    That 50-yarder didn't hurt Elliot's chances at all.

  21. #21
    Elliott misses his second of the year, that's just not good.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Elliott misses his second of the year, that's just not good.
    I think Elliot's goose is cooked...looks like a younger version of Nugent....gimme Bullock!

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    I think Elliot's goose is cooked...looks like a younger version of Nugent....gimme Bullock!
    Doesn't help Glasgow's chances either that his illegal motion penalty wiped a made FG off the board and the next play was a miss.

  24. #24
    Is Jim Irsay stoned, or what?

  25. #25
    Welll uh. Looks like the Bengals still haven't fixed the kicking problem.

  26. #26
    Fat Randy tanks on one too.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Doesn't help Glasgow's chances either that his illegal motion penalty wiped a made FG off the board and the next play was a miss.
    Glasgow will be a part of the rotation, not so much ST's. But if you cut him, he never makes it to the PS. Guy has got some real skills on the defensive line.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

  28. #28

  29. #29
    TD Bengals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northern Kentucky, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Posts
    2,465
    I'm still leaning towards Elliott. I think he has more upside.

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    I seriously think Ross blew out his left knee...
    It is reported as a left knee injury, same one he blew the ACL on in college. Hopefully nothing serious
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    I'm still leaning towards Elliott. I think he has more upside.
    I honestly have no clue who I'd keep. The Bengals obviously saw enough in Elliott from tapes and working him out to think he was worth a 5th round pick, but he's been flat out beat out by Bullock this preseason.

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    I'm still leaning towards Elliott. I think he has more upside.
    The Bengals wouldn't have spent a 5th round pick on Elliot if they were sold on Bullock, and it doesn't look like Bullock did anything to change that. I think ol' Randy's journey continues.

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    I know he's had a great pre-season, but does anyone here really trust Bullock? he's no spring chicken, I'm guessing he's had more than a few really good pre-seasons in his illustrious career.

    Bullock is what he is....a journeyman....I think I might be tempted to hold onto the kid instead, if I were in charge..
    Bullock lost a game for us last year and he lost tonight. He is a journeyman. I'd take my chances with Elliott

  34. #34
    Horrible game, especially if you're a Bengal fan. Pretty much no big plays for your team. Your one position that was up for grabs had 3 chances to win the game and missed on all 3. Your #1 pick got hurt (hopefully just precautionary). Your defense gave up a TD to a hapless offense. Boring game and a losing one. Burn this tape

  35. #35
    Watching this kicking battle reminds me of the time I had two women fighting over me . . . the loser got stuck with my sorry ass! "You take him!" "No. You take him!" "But you two look cute together." "Low blow! It's on, bitch!"

    I can see it on the sidelines late in the 4th quarter
    Bullock: "Shit. That last miss probably cost me a job."
    Elliot: "Hold my beer."
    Only users lose drugs

  36. #36
    Sith Lord ralphmtsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida-- but pining for a real winter
    Posts
    5,925
    Why the hell was Ross even in the game? I know he has rust to shake off, but really? Risking #1 pick in a meaningless game is stupidity. It was bad enough McCarron had to essentially play the whole game. This is precisely why we need to get rid of at least one if not two pre-season games. BTW, I told you all our kickers suck and that it is not a priority for the Bengals.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    Why the hell was Ross even in the game? I know he has rust to shake off, but really? Risking #1 pick in a meaningless game is stupidity. It was bad enough McCarron had to essentially play the whole game. This is precisely why we need to get rid of at least one if not two pre-season games. BTW, I told you all our kickers suck and that it is not a priority for the Bengals.
    I know he's a first round pick, but he's not a starter yet, and you can't make him one without seeing him on the field for more than a half. Had he played in each of the first three games, then sure. The plan seems to have been for him to get a few touches and then take him out. It was bad luck. You can't bubble wrap him - there's no other way in my mind.

    As for the kickers, it's not a great scenario. What we know, however, is that Bullock is never going to be a clutch kicker in Cincinnati. He may have a great season somewhere else, but he can't win games for the Bengals. It's in his head. Kickers are weird that way - like goalies, closers, and hypnotists. The kid might also be a dud for the Bengals. Missing those last two kicks wasn't ideal, but he did strike that 60-yarder well. I think we have to keep him for now.

  38. #38
    The problem with Ross isn't that he played. What worries me is how he got banged up on such a routine NFL tackle. How's he going to stay healthy in the NFL? This doesn't bode well for his future. This was my primary concern when we drafted him

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The problem with Ross isn't that he played. What worries me is how he got banged up on such a routine NFL tackle. How's he going to stay healthy in the NFL? This doesn't bode well for his future. This was my primary concern when we drafted him
    Exactly, the question isn't why was he on the field, it is why do you draft a 180 something pound player with a history of injuries in the first round? I am afraid he is going to be broken in two the first time he takes a NFL hit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •