View Poll Results: What will be the Bengals record in 2017?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-16

0 0%
  • 1-15

0 0%
  • 2-14

1 5.26%
  • 3-13

1 5.26%
  • 5-12

0 0%
  • 6-10 (it's true! it's true!)

1 5.26%
  • 7-9

0 0%
  • 8-8

2 10.53%
  • 9-7

2 10.53%
  • 10-6

8 42.11%
  • 11-5

3 15.79%
  • 12-4

0 0%
  • 13-3

1 5.26%
  • 14-2

0 0%
  • 15-1

0 0%
  • 16-0

0 0%

Thread: Official Season Prediction Poll 2017

Official Season Prediction Poll 2017

Will the Bengals be 6-10 at best or can they right the ship and return to the playoffs? What sayeth your crystal ball?

Ravens - W
    Texans (Thurs) - W
    @Packers - L
    @Browns - W
    Bills - W
    @Steelers - L
    Colts - W
    @Jags - W
    @Titans - L
    @Broncos - L
    Browns - W
    Steelers (Monday Night) - L
    Bears - W
    @Vikings - W
    Lions - W
    @Ravens - L

10-6 and a wildcard.

10-6 because the experts say 9-7 with stoolers sweeping us. unless the league helps them, that aint gonna happen.

Really surprised I came up with 10 wins.
    Dona eis Requiem

WOW!! After looking over our schedule I don't see anyone better than the Bengals. Will we lose games? Yes we will. Who will we lose against? I don't know. The best team we play is 11-5. In other years we played several teams with better records than that. Last year we had 4 teams who were 10-6 or better with 2 teams 12-4. We play only two teams with 10-6 or better.
    We are only two years from us being 12-4. Last year we had multiple injuries that really hurt the team. We lost 3 games by 2 points or less. Win those we are 9-6-1. Win the tie and we are 10-6.
    My question before preseason was OLine. Not anymore. The line isn't a problem and could be even better than last year. Wow only 3 Running backs? Hell yes!!! why have more than that when who you have could gain a thousand yards if they were the main back. Our running backs can run, block and catch.
    How many TE's? Five. Are you kidding me? Yes because one will be waived and head to practice squad. Again we have 4 that can block and 3 that are really good receivers and one is one of tops in the league.
    How many wideouts? Seven. And not just bodies. Green is having his best camp ever. Boyd is having a better camp than anyone according to Duke Tobin. John Ross will open up the routes for other until he it is his time for the ball. Ericson could be another Edelman but will backup Boyd unless we go 4 wide. LaFell and Core are good and Malone shows real promise. And could start in a year with another team.
    And our defense is top 10 in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    WOW!! After looking over our schedule I don't see anyone better than the Bengals. Will we lose games? Yes we will. Who will we lose against? I don't know. The best team we play is 11-5. In other years we played several teams with better records than that. Last year we had 4 teams who were 10-6 or better with 2 teams 12-4. We play only two teams with 10-6 or better.
    We are only two years from us being 12-4. Last year we had multiple injuries that really hurt the team. We lost 3 games by 2 points or less. Win those we are 9-6-1. Win the tie and we are 10-6.
    My question before preseason was OLine. Not anymore. The line isn't a problem and could be even better than last year. Wow only 3 Running backs? Hell yes!!! why have more than that when who you have could gain a thousand yards if they were the main back. Our running backs can run, block and catch.
    How many TE's? Five. Are you kidding me? Yes because one will be waived and head to practice squad. Again we have 4 that can block and 3 that are really good receivers and one is one of tops in the league.
    How many wideouts? Seven. And not just bodies. Green is having his best camp ever. Boyd is having a better camp than anyone according to Duke Tobin. John Ross will open up the routes for other until he it is his time for the ball. Ericson could be another Edelman but will backup Boyd unless we go 4 wide. LaFell and Core are good and Malone shows real promise. And could start in a year with another team.
    And our defense is top 10 in the league.
    On paper, this is a very good roster. I am still concerned about the o-line, especially Bodine and the tackles (I don't put a lot of stock in preseason games). I think Fisher and Ogbuehi will be improved, but have they improved enough? I don't know. As for the skill players on offense, everything rests on how Marvin and Zampese use them. How will the RBs be used? Are they going to insist Hill get the start even though Mixon is head and shoulders above him? How will they use Ross? Will he be a gimmick to be used on two or three end-arounds and deep routes or will he get some consistent targets? Can Eifert stay healthy for once?

I figure Dalton is good for at least two or three off days (games in which he overthrows everyone, throws a couple INTs, etc.). There will be couple games in which the defense wears down and can't get get a stop late. Marvin's clock management will probably cost us a game. And there is always that one game where the whole team is just off and nothing goes right.

Which you could substitute names and say virtually the same thing about any other NFL team.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Quote Originally Posted by TD Bengals View Post
    On paper, this is a very good roster. I am still concerned about the o-line, especially Bodine and the tackles (I don't put a lot of stock in preseason games). I think Fisher and Ogbuehi will be improved, but have they improved enough? I don't know. As for the skill players on offense, everything rests on how Marvin and Zampese use them. How will the RBs be used? Are they going to insist Hill get the start even though Mixon is head and shoulders above him? How will they use Ross? Will he be a gimmick to be used on two or three end-arounds and deep routes or will he get some consistent targets? Can Eifert stay healthy for once?

I figure Dalton is good for at least two or three off days (games in which he overthrows everyone, throws a couple INTs, etc.). There will be couple games in which the defense wears down and can't get get a stop late. Marvin's clock management will probably cost us a game. And there is always that one game where the whole team is just off and nothing goes right.
    You forgot that the kicker will cost us at least one game.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Much as I hate to agree with the Enquirer pundits (both who said 8-8) , I have concerns about the OL that are not enough to offset the influence of our added weapons enough to put us in the playoffs.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by shebengal View Post
    Much as I hate to agree with the Enquirer pundits (both who said 8-8) , I have concerns about the OL that are not enough to offset the influence of our added weapons enough to put us in the playoffs.
    i do agree with this, i am hoping that the def can hold us in the games being as we are playing less elite teams and more the average -above average team this year. we lost a couple last year while being set up for the winning score or through missed points. if the 1st couple times that happens this year go our way we can get back to expecting to win rather the even older finding new ways to play good but lose.

heres to more ugly wins and fewer well played losses.

As most of us have said all off-season, the offensive line will dictate our success/failure. I was impressed with them in the preseason. If they can look as good when teams start throwing exotic blitzes at us and ramping up the intensity, then we can play with just about anyone. There is so much talent on this roster, but none of it matters if the o-line is a no-show. I'm hoping for 10-6, but we really could fall anywhere from 8-8 to 12-5.

12-5?

I think he's calling for another 1st round loss

I went with 11-5
    Only users lose drugs

9-7

vs BAL = L
    vs HOU = L
    @ GB = L
    @ CLE = W
    vs BUF = W
    @ PIT = L
    vs IND = W
    @ JAX = W
    @ TEN = L
    @ DEN = L
    vs CLE = W
    vs PIT = L
    vs CHI = W
    @ MIN = W
    vs DET = W
    @ BAL = W

USA doesn't agree with my prediction in their power rating. #25 give me a break http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...anntp#image=17

25th? Cruel..
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

I mean...that's a little crazy
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Quote Originally Posted by NCStripes View Post
    USA doesn't agree with my prediction in their power rating. #25 give me a break http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...anntp#image=17
    The Bengals are 22nd on ESPN's power rankings. 24th on NFL.com. We're the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. Our players have to sit out so many games that they called the most recognizable bridge in Cincinnati the "Suspension Bridge". I tell ya, the Bengals get no respect. When there's a tornado warning, everybody goes to PBS because there are never any touchdowns. Even when Andy Dalton tells a joke to his receivers, it goes over their heads.

Pete Prisco at CBS has the Bengals 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
    9-7

vs BAL = L
    vs HOU = L
    @ GB = L
    @ CLE = W
    vs BUF = W
    @ PIT = L
    vs IND = W
    @ JAX = W
    @ TEN = L
    @ DEN = L
    vs CLE = W
    vs PIT = L
    vs CHI = W
    @ MIN = W
    vs DET = W
    @ BAL = W
    If they lose their first two they're in trouble. I doubt they'll win 9 if they start off 0-3. Those first two are huge. Home games and all. I think they really need to win them both if they're going to compete

I'm revising my prediction from 9-7 to 10-6 as the Bengals return to the playoffs.

vs BAL = W Ravens banged up and Flacco is rusty as hell

vs HOU = W Short week at home. Houston still dealing with Harvey
    @ GB = L Interesting fact-- We actually own a winning record against the Packers. Not this time.
    @ CLE = W Kize goes kerplunk (if he's still the starter)
    vs BUF = W Toss up game. Playoff Bengal teams win these games. Non playoff teams don't show up.
    @ PIT = L at Pitt, so give them the win
    vs IND = W Will Luck be playing by then?
    @ JAX = W First of three on the road. Bortles or Henne?
    @ TEN = L Tough loss in close game
    @ DEN = L Will we ever win in Denver? Should have last time.
    vs CLE = W It is Cleveland. Mark down win #2
    vs PIT = W Home is a charm
    vs CHI = W Will the rookie be playing by then?
    @ MIN = L The revenge of Zimmer
    vs DET = W Home game with a lot of playoff implications for both teams
    @ BAL = L Hard to beat an evenly matched team twice in a year. Bengals playoff status probably already determined. Resting starters.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

12-4

vs BAL = W
    vs HOU = W
    @ GB = L
    @ CLE = W
    vs BUF = W
    @ PIT = L
    vs IND = W
    @ JAX = W
    @ TEN = W
    @ DEN = L
    vs CLE = W
    vs PIT = W
    vs CHI = W
    @ MIN = L
    vs DET = W
    @ BAL = W
    Cheers for beers!

Interesting note on the Bengals on an SI piece:

Paul Guenther is one of NFL's best blitz designers, and yet he blitzed the least of any defensive coordinator last year. Coach Marvin Lewis is comfortable playing straightforward zone, but it would behoove the Bengals to return to the pressure concepts they ran under previous coordinator Mike Zimmer

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/07/ci...couting-report

I would like to change my vote.

ALL of you can adjust down by one. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Can we all adjust by half instead?

Don't take this as me saying "the sky is falling", I think the Bengals will be okay. However, IF Dalton continues to struggle, the Bengals could put AJ McCarron in and let him play the rest of the season. If he succeeds, re-sign him and cut AD with relatively little cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    1. I'm about to abandon this board if the popups don't get fixed ASAP. I'm concerned about security.

2. No way do the fools who thought we'd start the season prepared, get to change their vote due to being proven wrong. I called for an 0-3 start, and I see no reason to forfeit my foresight to the homers.

What browser do you use? I never get a pop up.

chrome here and no pop ups .

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cat View Post
    What browser do you use? I never get a pop up.
    Chrome and firefox on my droid. Yes i have pop up disabled. getting constant popups, omly from bengalsjungle.

no popups on firefox on laptop.
    Last edited by SladeX; 09-11-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    Dona eis Requiem

Chrome here and no pop ups. Firefox at home PC and no pop ups.

Quote Originally Posted by SladeX View Post
    Chrome and firefox on my droid. Yes i have pop up disabled. getting constant popups, omly from bengalsjungle.

no popups on firefox on laptop.
    I don't have time to do upgrade or fix as of now. But with some having it and some not it might be security setting on device. Give me a day or two and I will get into it.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    I'm getting a ton of pop ups on my phone on Safari.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

I just got hammered by pop ups on my android/chrome..

Chrome, and pop ups are getting progressively worse. Just about every navigation on the site now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If they lose their first two they're in trouble. I doubt they'll win 9 if they start off 0-3. Those first two are huge. Home games and all. I think they really need to win them both if they're going to compete
    Sea Ray nailed it.

I honestly didn't think they were so bad that they start off 0-2 although these are the Mike Brown owned Bengals so I knew it was possible. No, they've reached my worst fear scenario.

Their O line is bad
    Their O coordinator is completely out of his league
    Marvin is stale (and he never was bubbly)
    We miss Burfict

Everything where we liked to say "don't worry about it. It won't be that bad", has been