Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Game Day Thread: Rats vs Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    If the Bengals want to salvage their season, they put Andre Smith at right tackle and place Fisher at left tackle. Ogbuehi just doesn't have it.

Should have paid Whitworth
    If fat and lazy Smith was worth a damn, he would have got signed by another team. lol

Anyone else think Marvin Lewis is phoning in this season because he didn't get a contract extension?

I hate to say this, but we have not been that bad on offense since Jon Kitna was behind centre.
    Cheers for beers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Anyone else think Marvin Lewis is phoning in this season because he didn't get a contract extension?
    I honestly wish the bloated, uninspiring fist-magnet would just get to f***. I cannot stand the halfwit.

Not really. He usually relaxes AFTER the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Not really. He usually relaxes AFTER the extension.
    He literally gave up on the game with 10 minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
    Poorly prepared team once again, useless OC play calling and the brutal OL is the fault of management
    that brutal o-line just means that the OC has no real shot either.....bring in anyone you want but the results won't change until the o-line does.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    that brutal o-line just means that the OC has no real shot either.....bring in anyone you want but the results won't change until the o-line does.
    You have to place some of the blame on Zampese. He rarely if ever gave Ogbuehi any help with Suggs even though he was getting his beat every play.

how can an OC get blamed when none of his players up front aren't even remotely capable of doing what they're getting paid to do?

seriously, what do you call as a offensive coach when the o-line can't block ANYBODY and the WR's can't separate from the DB's?

the ONLY people who should be getting blamed for this fiasco are the people in the front office making the final decisions....including Marvin Lewis.

how can an OC get blamed when none of his players up front can do what they're supposed to do?

seriously, what do you call when the o-line can't block ANYBODY and the WR's can't separate from the DB's?
    Bro, did you understand my post? He didn't give Ogbuehi any help. He didn't line up a TE on his side most of the time nor did he have a RB chipping him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotto View Post
    I hate to say this, but we have not been that bad on offense since Jon Kitna was behind centre.
    actually i think it compares pretty much exactly like the last time they let their OL go. imagine that.

Bro, did you understand my post? He didn't give Ogbuehi any help. He didn't line up a TE on his side most of the time nor did he have a RB chipping him.
    ok great, that plugs one leak (maybe), now what about the rest of them??

OGB was just one of 5 problems up front.

I don't know what any OC could do with the mess up front Zamp had dumped in his lap.

Quote from a Seahawks fan at the sports bar just before kickoff . . .
    "I tell you a team to look out for, Baltimore. Their defense is stellar and they're gonna run and run and run with multiple RBs. It's gonna be boring to watch, but they have a stingy defense to keep them in a lot of games."
    Only users lose drugs

Suggs literally owned Ogbuehi and was a difference in the game.

He had 6 tackles, 5 solo, 2 sacks, 1 tackle for a loss, a pass deflection, a QB hit, and a forced fumble.

Face it, they blew it on Fisher and Ogbuehi. Look at Dennard giving up an easy 48 yard touchdown like he was a rookie.

I'm not surprised though, Harbaugh is a way better coach than Lewis. Whenever we play a solid team at the beginning of the season, Lewis has been always out-coached and we always come out flat. Suggs had his way with the offense and made life miserable for Dalton. And yeah, I was wondering why they kept putting no running back on the other side to chip or double-team Suggs. These coaches think up these clever schemes. Choose an identity and stick with it. The offense is trying to do WAY too much. I think there is actually too many weapons if that makes any sense and we're bogged down trying to get everybody a touch or involved in the offense. What is the defense giving you and what is your absolute best strength at offense. Throw your strength at their defense and see if they can stop. Don't throw a bunch of things out there and see what works.

lol OGB was the biggest leak, didnt engage suggs on the tipped pass/int and let suggs blow around him for the fumble. , fisher not much better and probally a 3 way tie for the next suck ass OL award.

guess its a good thing we saved a million and let Whitworth go. i think saving 2 turnovers are worth a mil.

We saved the money and gave it to Burfict whose missed 23 games since 2014 and has a degenerative knee.

Breaking News: Mike Brown just signed Marvin Lewis to a 3 year contract extension.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Let's just say that I used a lot of unladylike language at the bar today, and some of it was quite loud. OL sucked, Dalton sucked and I'm not sure he has any confidence in his receivers other than Green because he kept trying to force the ball his way. News flash to the coaches, teams are going to try to take away Green. Do you think that maybe, you might try throwing to someone other than Green?
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

I don't know what any OC could do with the mess up front Zamp had dumped in his lap.
    There were plenty of posters here who said we would 'design' our offense to use the skill players and minimize the inexperience of the OL. Our offense was going to be amazing! ZERO evidence of that, complete Kool-Aid.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

There were plenty of posters here who said we would 'design' our offense to use the skill players and minimize the inexperience of the OL. Our offense was going to be amazing! ZERO evidence of that, complete Kool-Aid.
    and I care about none of that......just tell me what QB or OC you're gonna bring in here that will fare any better behind the o-line group that we saw today.

and I care about none of that......just tell me what QB or OC you're gonna bring in here that will fare any better behind the o-line group that we saw today.
    I'd take Bratkowski right now over Zampese.

None and THAT was my point months ago. I said the OL would be the worst or near worst in the league and the offense would suffer for it. At best, the OL may become average by year end. It was unrealistic to expect anything from them. Another Bengal team with explosive offensive players but no commitment to the OL. Once again, Mikey and Marvin play checkers while the elite of the league play chess.

We're still buffoons in the red-zone and worse than last year. At least last year we would come away with field attempts instead of turnovers.

When it was 17-0 and Vigil intercepted the ball, I said "Let's just put Bullock out there to kick a field goal and get a quick 3 to make it 17-3". Tobin selected Ogbuehi and Fisher, have had two years to figure out they aren't even average starters and stuck with these idiots. Bodine got thrashed too as usual.

Yep. and those of us who said "the king has no clothes" were chastised as "bellyachers."

What up, LT? lol

None and THAT was my point months ago. I said the OL would be the worst or near worst in the league and the offense would suffer for it. At best, the OL may become average by year end. It was unrealistic to expect anything from them. Another Bengal team with explosive offensive players but no commitment to the OL. Once again, Mikey and Marvin play checkers while the elite of the league play chess.

Now, when I talk like that, I get chastised by the apologists. lol

Burn the tape and prepare for the Texans. Typical Marvin. Team not prepared, poor clock management, playing conservative when the team should be in desperation mode, etc. Bad Andy showed up in full force. I think he'll bounce back on Thursday. The poor offensive line play does not bode well for the rest of the season. All that MMA training Ogbuehi did apparently didn't do jack to improve his ability to defend against the bull rush.

I'm not ready to completely abandon ship yet, but obviously the Bengals need to play much better on Thursday night. The only bright spot is the defense only gave up 20 points despite the 5 turnovers, one of which was inside the 5 yard line. Other than the touchdown to Maclin, the Ravens didn't do anything in the air.

The defense did play well. The scheme sucks though. The Ravens ran it on us. I swear this is linebacker play. They always play so far off the line that offensive lineman easily get off of their blocks and move to the second level. So many third and shorts and the Ravens just ran it with linebackers getting engulfed by offensive lineman. Or that's how has seemed for over 8 years now. Our linebackers are asked to do too much because we're in the bend but don't break deal.

The defense did play well. The scheme sucks though. The Ravens ran it on us. I swear this is linebacker play. They always play so far off the line that offensive lineman easily get off of their blocks and move to the second level. So many third and shorts and the Ravens just ran it with linebackers getting engulfed by offensive lineman. Or that's how has seemed for over 8 years now. Our linebackers are asked to do too much because we're in the bend but don't break deal.
    The largest problem is whenever a Bengal tackles someone the ball carrier always falls forward for an extra couple of yards.

The largest problem is whenever a Bengal tackles someone the ball carrier always falls forward for an extra couple of yards.
    You rarely see that shit happen when Burfict is in there though......just a different defensive team and different mindset without him in there .

You rarely see that shit happen when Burfict is in there though......just a different defensive team and different mindset without him in there .
    Very true, he sets the tone. And I believe Marvin is handcuffing Guenther. He makes him play conservative instead of letting him do his own thing.

Columbus (Stuck in a houseful of Browns fans)
    Tackle? Tackle? The problem is that they don't, can't, and haven't tackled for years!
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

How does Minter get such a high grade when the Ravens were consistently getting positive run yardage.....

How does Minter get such a high grade when the Ravens were consistently getting positive run yardage.....
    Minter is solid, that defense as a whole will be among the league leaders by the time it's all said and done, IMO........provided of course that the league lets Vontaze actually play football once he comes back.

they're talented as hell, they just pretty much got hung out to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBengal View Post
    Yep. and those of us who said "the king has no clothes" were chastised as "bellyachers."

What up, LT? lol
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche