Nepal is a country with endless trekking and hiking opportunities. It is no wonder, Nepal is also referred to as the ‘palate of the world’. If you are planning a trek in Nepal, chances are you will be trekking in the region known as the Great Himalaya.
But trekking in Nepal has its own set of safety precautions and practices that must be followed. In this blog, we cover all the dos and don’ts of trekking in Nepal. So without further ado, let’s get into it!
Explore the Great Himalaya
The Great Himalaya is one of the most majestic landscapes on Earth. It spans the length of the Himalaya range, from India to China and includes some of the highest mountains in the world. Trekkers can experience some of the planet’s most majestic mountains, ancient kingdoms, and diverse ecosystems on treks through this region.
The Great Himalaya Trail is a popular trekking circuit that traverses the entire length of the Himalaya, across ancient kingdoms and extraordinary mountains. Mindful Trails offers positive impact treks for a week to multiple months in Nepal, Bhutan and India. These treks take trekkers deep into the region’s diverse ecosystems and cultures, providing an unparalleled adventure experience.
The great Himalaya is home to some of the best trekking destinations in Asia. The circuit offers trekkers a chance to hike across glaciers and high altitude meadows, as well as enjoy vibrant cultural experiences along the way.
In addition to trekking opportunities, there are a number of licensed and highly-skilled guides who are well-trained in mountaineering skills and environmental knowledge. With these experts by your side, you can venture into these majestic regions with confidence and awe-inspiring adventures.
Trekking in Nepal – An Unforgettable Experience
Trekking in Nepal offers a variety of trekking experiences, from the 10-day Manaslu circuit trek to the three-week Kanchenjunga base camp trek. The Manaslu circuit trek takes you through some of the most diverse geographical areas in the country, from mountain pastures to lowland rice paddies. The trek passes through scenic high altitude hiking paths, including the popular Himalaya circuit trek. The trek passes through some of the best monastery-hike villages in the country, such as Phalakal and Bhotu. It is a great way to explore culturally rich districts of Nepal and see its spectacular mountainous scenery.
The Kanchenjunga base camp trek is also an amazing hiking experience. It offers incredible wildlife, ancient Buddhist monasteries, and views of distant snowy peaks. This journey covers a vast area of high altitude trekking trails and passes through varied weather and terrain conditions, including snowfall and high altitude hiking. Both treks offer a chance to explore remote areas of Nepal and are perfect for those who love hiking adventure with beautiful scenery.
Why not try one on? You won’t regret it!
Adventure Great Himalaya – Your Hiking & Trekking Partner
– Adventure Great Himalaya is a trekking, hiking, and climbing specialist based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
– The company offers trekking tours to explore the Himalayas in Nepal and Bhutan, with options ranging from short treks to multiday treks.
– Their treks are led by licensed, highly-skilled guides who are well-trained in mountaineering and environmental knowledge.
– Customers can choose from various trek packages that include accommodation, meals, and various other incidental expenses.
– The company has a decade of experience in the tourism business and provides quality services to its customers. Its high-quality services have earned it many accolades from happy customers.
The company offers an excellent customer support coupled with high-quality accommodation and meals to create an unforgettable trekking experience.
Safety Tips for Trekking in Nepal
– Be in good physical condition and drink plenty of water to reduce the risks of altitude sickness.
– Travel insurance is recommended for trekking in Nepal in case of trip cancellation, illness, theft, and emergency evacuation.
– Permits are required for trekking in Nepal, including the TIMS and National Park Permits. Ensure you’re aware of current hiking conditions before traveling to Nepal.
– The best season for trekking in Nepal is between September to November. This is the popular hiking season when temperatures are mild but sunny days are plentiful. Temperatures can go as high as 40°C during the summer months, so make sure to pack weather-appropriate clothing and sunscreen.
– Difficulty of trekking in Nepal varies from moderate to challenging depending on the altitude. Be sure to check trail signs and prepare yourself for any incline or elevation changes before heading out on a trek. Also ensure you have adequate water supplies and be aware of any possible contact with the wildlife and terrain.
5 Best Treks in Nepal
Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek is one of the best treks in Nepal. It offers a breathtaking view of the majestic peaks of Mount Kanchenjunga and unfolds a perfect panorama of the magnificent region. Makalu Base Camp trek is another popular trek in Nepal. It spans across three high passes and takes you to scenic terrains and glaciers of the region. Everest Three High passes trek is another exciting trek through the Himalayas. It follows a circuitous route that passes through three high passes, each with its own unique weather and scenery. The Great Himalayan Trail (Nepal Section) is an amazing journey lasting up to 150 days. With varied terrain, it passes through several national parks and includes some of the best treks in the region.
The Manaslu circuit trek is a great way to explore the Himalayas. It traverses through four remote districts on the upper tributaries of the River Manaslu and offers stunning scenery, hiking trails, monasteries, tea gardens, dzongtse, bazaar towns, and many other attractions.
Get your hands dirty on one of these treks and experience the beauty of the Himalayan region like no other!
Your Ultimate Guide to Hiking & Trekking in Nepal
If you’re looking to trekking in Nepal, there are a host of treks to choose from. To name a few, you can trek to the base camp of Mount Everest, trekking through the Annapurna circuit or trekking Langtang valley.
Treking in Nepal is made more accessible by the availability of trekking lodges and teahouses along the trails. These lodges provide food, shelter, and maps for hikers so that they can focus on hiking and not on preparing for their treks.
Packing for a trek in Nepal should include spare torch, camera and phone batteries, high-energy snacks, a comfortable trekking backpack, hiking shoes and poncho. Additionally, it is essential to carry warm clothes as weather can vary from one region to another.
An Unforgettable Hiking & Trekking Adventure Awaits You in Nepal
If you’re looking for an unforgettable hiking & trekking adventure in Nepal, consider taking on one of the world’s most iconic treks and hikes the Everest base camp trek, offering “raw experiences of hiking in the Himalayas”. This trail gives hikers a rare glimpse of the base camp and climbing region of Mount Everest, allowing them to experience the “thrill and uncertainty” of hiking high altitude.
Then there’s the Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek, which takes you to “the ultimate wild side of Nepal”. This trek takes you through dense forests, passes glaciers, and beautiful mountain scenery as it winds past glaciers and passes through villages. Back in Kathmandu, you can immerse yourself in Nepali culture at one of the city’s many trekking lodges or trekking companies. They provide everything from porter services to lodges and meals, making it easier for you to focus on hiking and enjoying your time in Nepal.
Traveling to Nepal is no doubt an amazing experience. The country is filled with trekking trails and hiking adventures that will satisfy trekkers of all abilities and ages. It has a plethora of trekking options depending on the trekkers’ preferences, weather, time of year, and fitness level. In addition to trekking in Nepal, travelers can also go camping and hiking in the national parks. To plan an unforgettable hiking and trekking trip to Nepal, contact Adventure Great Himalaya today! Besides offering best hiking and trekking packages to tourists, we also organize customized treks for travelers along with guides to ensure a hassle-free and memorable journey.